• Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

jakerman999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just use emunand however to access the eshop. I dont think as of right now its possible due to the 9.6 update that breaks emunand, but you can download the gateway.dg downgrade file to downgrade to 4.2 from 9.2, and inject your 9.2's nand backup into the emunand partition.

So when this supports 9.6 emunand, I can buy things off the eshop and download DLC and the changes will be mirrored in sysnand, correct? Also; hardware mod for nand backup/restore: Good idea or more dangerous than regular chance to brick?

HipsterPluto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got my Gateway 3DS working on my New 3DS today, but I can't figure out how to get the blue card working for original DS games.
Does someone know how to play DS games on the New 3Ds with Gateway?

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have a few unlinking questions:

Can I unlink sysNAND from emuNAND by formating emuNAND?

If yes, will formating emuNAND delete my eShop games on sysNAND?

If yes, can I just restore the games by making a backup of my SD card and copying the data back? Will my save data of my eShop games be deleted?

MonkeyWithAGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a 9.0.0 N3DS and just did the cubic ninja exploit.

I did a nand backup
and im saving my pokemon rom.

Now what do or can i do?

im reading about cias and 3ds files and etc. but i just want to play online with pokemon.

plus i dont know what else gateway can do besides what shows in the menu, like boot gateway, boot classic, save rom etc.

flanker22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi im thinking of possibly purchasing monster hunter 4, was wondering if i wanted to play this will i lose the ability to use ninjahax? (also what if i wanted to play it online?)

i have a 3DS at version 7.xx
cubic ninja

thats all.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to downgrade from 9.5 emuNAND to 9.2, however, there does not seem to be a way to do this besides using a firmware lower than 9.2 and then updating up to it. My problem with this is that I will lose my NNID. Is there a way for me to get around this? My primary reason for downgrading is for ninjhax support, although I'm not completely sure if it is really worth going through the trouble. Are there any significant reasons/benefits to downgrade to 9.2?

gamgam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this has been answered previously. I've had a bit of a search around the forums, including the OOT compatibility thread but I cant quite find the answer. Is there any way to definitively tell whether or not your OOT card will actually work. I've seen some people reporting it works and others saying it's not working on the forums. In other forums people have said the sonic saves have fixed everything. I'm just trying to make sure I don't waste any money, at the moment CN seems out of the question due to price / unavailability. Gateway will be a no-no (at least for now) if OOT doesn't work :(

HipsterPluto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Apologies if this has been answered previously. I've had a bit of a search around the forums, including the OOT compatibility thread but I cant quite find the answer. Is there any way to definitively tell whether or not your OOT card will actually work. I've seen some people reporting it works and others saying it's not working on the forums. In other forums people have said the sonic saves have fixed everything. I'm just trying to make sure I don't waste any money, at the moment CN seems out of the question due to price / unavailability. Gateway will be a no-no (at least for now) if OOT doesn't work :(

I heard OOT only works if you have version 1.0. So in that case, you probably had to buy the game when it first came out (or buy it from someone who has the first version). But I'm not speaking from experience, because I'm using Gateway on the New 3DS with CN.
Anyway, Gateway was looking for a way to get the other versions of OOT working as well. I don't know if they will still be searching for a solution, because of the much easier method you have with CN.

upfromtheskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to transfer CIA files from the SD card in my Gateway cart to the SD card in my N3DS, or to install CIA from the SD card in my Gateway cart? It would be nice not having to unscrew the bottom cover of my N3DS and remove the SD card every time I want to install a CIA.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to transfer CIA files from the SD card in my Gateway cart to the SD card in my N3DS, or to install CIA from the SD card in my Gateway cart? It would be nice not having to unscrew the bottom cover of my N3DS and remove the SD card every time I want to install a CIA.
The back cover will not stay on without having the screw inside the cover?

mainframe004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible for things to go wrong when updating from the emuNAND? A friend of mine recently found out that his 3DS's sysNAND got updated to 9.6 despite going through the update process on emuNAND (which was on 9.2 before this). He was sure about it too because his icons are sized differently between the two firmwares to help mark which one is sysNAND and which one is emuNAND.

EDIT: Apparently he updated through the eShop, though he was still in emuNAND when this happened. I know that updating emuNAND should ideally take place through the System Settings updater, but would that have had something to do with it going wrong?

Nora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I bought tye old version of the 3ds xl from a lady off craigslist and it had mario kart downloaded om the SD card and it would pop up like a download on the 3ds. When id take the sd card out it wouldnt be there anymore and when i put it in my other 3ds it wouldnt pop up there either. My question is how do you do that? Get a game downloaded to the sd card to play on the 3ds without hombrew or a flashcart? Also one i formatted it and plug the sd card back in i can no longer play it like i did before. Im just trying to fogure put hpw it was done and how it can be dont again. Any ideas?

Nora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me see if i can explain it better.
I have 3ds xl A Nd 3ds xl B
A had mario kart 7 already on it without the flastcart. Just down loaded on the sd card it would display on the screen like a file on A's display. And I could play it like a regular game.

When I took the SD card out of A and put into B Mario Kart would not pop up on B so i was guessig there was some kind of modification on A when i bought it from the lady.

Also when i formatted A back to the factory reset it no longer shpwed mario kart. What im trying to figure out is, how can i get it to display like that again? There was no homebrew channel nor a flashcart. Just a plan old 4 gig sd card in it. Anyone know hpw to modify a 3ds xl with just a plain old sd card?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just got my N3DS, it was on 9.4. Anyway to downgrade firmware to 9.2 or below to get gateway working?

Assuming you bought it brand new at a retail place, no. If you got extremely lucky and bought it second-hand off someone who was also prudent enough to make a NAND backup of it before updating, then you could downgrade with a hard mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter