• Views 4,444,931
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for fun, before I get my Gateway I tried to get in to the menu to backup nand using the web browser, however I am getting a garbled bottom screen, so far I've done the following to troubleshoot it:
Followed directs: Disabled wifi, cleared cookies, loaded the page with wifi off, turned on wifi, hit refresh, same result garbled bottom screen.
Wiped and repartitioned SD card for FAT32, still the same issue.
Redownloaded and put the launcher back on the root of the sdcard, same result.

Anything I can do to fix this issue?

What is your full firmware version, shown in lower right of system settings?

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your firmware version is too high, you can't use gateway at all. Gateway works up to 9.2.0-20 only. If you want to use gateway you will have to get a different 3DS with a lower firmware version.

Well crap! I thought it worked on anything that would run the spider exploit.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well crap! I thought it worked on anything that would run the spider exploit.

It says right on their website:

Works on 2DS, 3DS & 3DS XL (Firmware 4.1-9.2)

As well as the pinned thread at the top of this forum section:

List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

I would suggest selling your 3DS and buying a new one if you want to use gateway. Any Old 3DS model will come with a firmware below 9.2, and several New 3DS models as well (check serial before buying, there's a thread for it).

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says right on their website:

As well as the pinned thread at the top of this forum section:

I would suggest selling your 3DS and buying a new one if you want to use gateway. Any Old 3DS model will come with a firmware below 9.2, and several New 3DS models as well (check serial before buying, there's a thread for it).

I didn't notice up until now, hah, my noobiness knows no bounds sometimes, apologize for the bother. Is the thread for serial numbers stickied? I may just go out and buy a new 3ds since I've been wanting one anyway.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Edit: Also I do believe I have an older version old 3ds normal sitting in a drawer.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't notice up until now, hah, my noobiness knows no bounds sometimes, apologize for the bother. Is the thread for serial numbers stickied? I may just go out and buy a new 3ds since I've been wanting one anyway.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Edit: Also I do believe I have an older version old 3ds normal sitting in a drawer.

Be aware that if you buy a New 3DS, you'll also need either Cubic Ninja or Zelda Ocarina of Time to run Gateway.

Stickert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

Since there has been some banning going on lately I decided to put private headers in the games I play online. But I can't figure out how to keep my old saves.
Been looking on this site for the answer but no luck, anyone care to explain or link to a guide?

Thanks for your time!

Kuroitenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question concerning the switching of games, let's say I started a .3ds game from the GW mode, then exit the game through the home button + close, will I be booted back to Sysnand or will I still be in Gateway mode?
Plus another question - how can I make folders, so I know if I'm in Sysnand or EmuNand?

MonkeyWithAGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IM not sure about the first question.... usually if i exit a game, i press select to see if im in gateway mode or not.

I also make my sysnand a little larger so i know if im in sysnand or emunand.

I would like to know about creating folders though

cellod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't load the ROM menu on my N3DS. I used the OoT exploit, and am able to launch the Gateway menu, but when I put in the Gateway card, I cannot see any roms. I've tried hitting select on the blank spot where the card should show up, and on the settings option, but neither work. When I go in to settings, it says Ver. 9.0, not GW 9.0.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it not going to work on my system?

MonkeyWithAGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't load the ROM menu on my N3DS. I used the OoT exploit, and am able to launch the Gateway menu, but when I put in the Gateway card, I cannot see any roms. I've tried hitting select on the blank spot where the card should show up, and on the settings option, but neither work. When I go in to settings, it says Ver. 9.0, not GW 9.0.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it not going to work on my system?

when you go into settings and exit, you are automatically booted out of gateway mode.

also when in gateway mode, press select to get to the roms

Jornax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Quick question: I have a certain game X's .3ds ROM on the micro SD of my Red Gateway card and the game X's .cia DLC file on the internal micro SD of my N3DS. Will the .cia DLC be recognised in the .3DS ROM that I'm going to launch in Gateway mode from the Gateway card? That is, if I "import"/install the .cia DLC with a .cia manager (which is saved as a .3ds file itself on my Gateway micro SD) prior to that?

MonkeyWithAGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: I have a certain game X's .3ds ROM on the micro SD of my Red Gateway card and the game X's .cia DLC file on the internal micro SD of my N3DS. Will the .cia DLC be recognised in the .3DS ROM that I'm going to launch in Gateway mode from the Gateway card? That is, if I "import"/install the .cia DLC with a .cia manager (which is saved as a .3ds file itself on my Gateway micro SD) prior to that?

MY Understanding is no. I think the rom will be separate from the cia.

I have some games as 3ds. and i can access them, but i also have some of the same ones as cia and downloaded. they are 2 separate sd cards though

Jornax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MY Understanding is no. I think the rom will be separate from the cia.

I have some games as 3ds. and i can access them, but i also have some of the same ones as cia and downloaded. they are 2 separate sd cards though

So if I want to play games with separate .cia DLC, I should install them both as .cia to the N3DS internal micro SD?

MonkeyWithAGun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think thats how it works.... im only installing cia's and keeping some roms, but they are full games... no dlc so someone should chime in.

On a separate note, When im in emunand, i have to unwrap the games each time i get in... is there a way to undo that? I have been reading about formatting and etc, but i havent tried yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...