• Views 4,571,249
  • Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43

Jallakewg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I use a Sky3DS without messing with headers and just using it "out of the box" with publically downloaded ROMs instead of dumping my own. Will I be safe if i just never go online with my 3DS? Or is something stored on the 3DS that could be seen if i were to go online when Im not playing with the Sky3DS?

Scoop111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi!

I installed the cfw and everything worked great. I imported a cia through devmenu and it started. But when I'm deleting the cia from the SD-Card on the computer afterwards, the cfw doesn't want to start anymore. It just freezes the system. To my understanding, the cia was installed (copied) to some sub-directory and the original file on the SD shouldn't be of any use anymore, right? Or is it reqiured to have the same game "twice" on the SD?? Or do I have to use a special way to delete the cia after it has been imported?

3dsnoobz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. i want the regular JPN n3ds but i can't find any info on whether it can play US roms with a flashcart. if yes, which flashcart is recommended for the jpn n3ds. if not, should i just get the US n3ds xl?

thanks!

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Still wondering: If Gateway were to support the N3DS today but only compatible with emunand up to say 9.2 would the eShop work? If not are N3DS owners going to be stuck waiting for 9.5 support to use the eShop?

The eShop requires your 3DS/N3DS to be at the latest firmware version, sooo No eShop would not work. N3DS members are stuck at the moment at emuNAND 9.4 when supports for it comes out from Gateway and won't be able to use eShop but hopefully able to install cia files and all that for games and game updates.

Will Gateway support sometime soon the New 3DS ? Is there any rumors?

There is always this long crazy thread: Is there any news or rumor on how soon is SOON for N3DS Gateway? No one knows for sure or if they do they are not sharing lol. Just be patient is what I say.

If I use a Sky3DS without messing with headers and just using it "out of the box" with publically downloaded ROMs instead of dumping my own. Will I be safe if i just never go online with my 3DS? Or is something stored on the 3DS that could be seen if i were to go online when Im not playing with the Sky3DS?

I am not sure but if you have WiFi off your chances are much better then if it's on and associated with an access point. I don't think there is info exactly what data is being used to ban people, might want to check out Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

Dumped a rom myself and got a .3D0 and a .3D1 file. How do I make these useable? I am on OSX if that helps.

That should be useable on Gateway, it got dumped as a split rom, I am guessing your SD card is in FAT32 and your game is larger then 2GB. You should be able to merge your 3d0 and 3d1 files using something like this, Gateway 3ds SD Manager v1.0 (but it's windoze so you'll need to boot up bootcamp or parallels sorry) or you can format your SD card into exFAT and re-dump your rom, that should dump it into one continuous .3DS file.

Reactions: BORTZ

abweichung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a red N3DS on the way from Dell.

What are my options if I want to play DS Roms on it? Let's assume that it is the most recent firmware (9.4?)

Edit: I have an old Acekard 2i for my DS. Is there any updates for that card to play DS games on a 3DS/N3DS?

Avalynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a red N3DS on the way from Dell.

What are my options if I want to play DS Roms on it? Let's assume that it is the most recent firmware (9.4?)
Well the only two that I know that work are the R4i 3DS and the SuperCard DS2 (DS TWO) but they stopped manufacturing the DSTWO. Okay and technically the Blue card that comes with the Gateway3DS but that is a clone of the R4i. Ignore me on that part lol, sorry!

I have an old Acekard 2i for my DS. Is there any updates for that card to play DS games on a 3DS/N3DS?

I have a couple of those as well and If I recall they don't work past 4.4 :glare:

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well the only two that I know that work are the R4i 3DS and the SuperCard DS2 (DS TWO) but they stopped manufacturing the DSTWO. Okay and technically the Blue card that comes with the Gateway3DS but that is a clone of the R4i.

The blue card doesn't work past firmware 6.x and it's a clone of an Acekard using altered R4 software

abweichung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the only two that I know that work are the R4i 3DS and the SuperCard DS2 (DS TWO) but they stopped manufacturing the DSTWO. Okay and technically the Blue card that comes with the Gateway3DS but that is a clone of the R4i. Ignore me on that part lol, sorry!

I have a couple of those as well and If I recall they don't work past 4.4 :glare:

So it sounds like R4i 3DS is my best bet. Off the top of your head is there anything that I should be careful with when it comes to using that cart? I'm guessing it would not be safe to have WiFi on with the system?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does the eShop really just delete themes/dlcs we do not own? What about other CIAs?

I have my emunand/sysnand separated but I think that's irrelevant in this case.

I can go to the eShop and nothing gets deleted. And I mean nothing, no themes, no DLC, no other CIAs. I can't assure it will be the same for you but I don't know why it wouldn't.

The two things I haven't tested is entering the DLC option inside games (which supposedly deletes the dlc you have installed) and going into the theme shop (which supposedly deletes your themes).

So it sounds like R4i 3DS is my best bet. Off the top of your head is there anything that I should be careful with when it comes to using that cart? I'm guessing it would not be safe to have WiFi on with the system?

I think after you enter the flashcart menu, it's fine to have wifi on. But I can't be sure since I don't even have a N3DS, it's only my guess

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That should be useable on Gateway, it got dumped as a split rom, I am guessing your SD card is in FAT32 and your game is larger then 2GB. You should be able to merge your 3d0 and 3d1 files using something like this, Gateway 3ds SD Manager v1.0 (but it's windoze so you'll need to boot up bootcamp or parallels sorry) or you can format your SD card into exFAT and re-dump your rom, that should dump it into one continuous .3DS file.

I actually found a native way through the command line

Code:
cat FILENAME.3d0 FILENAME.3d1 > FILENAME.3DZ
Thanks though!

Reactions: Avalynn

Avalynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually found a native way through the command line

Code:
cat FILENAME.3d0 FILENAME.3d1 > FILENAME.3DZ
Thanks though!

Awesome, I wasn't sure how Gateway split the files so it's as simple as copying the two together together into one. Good ole Unix commands to the rescue :D

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hi,
when i inyect my private header to a rom, the patcher ask me to fix the chip. This will corrupt my header and make more easy to be spoted?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hi,
when i inyect my private header to a rom, the patcher ask me to fix the chip. This will corrupt my header and make more easy to be spoted?

No, it simply is necessary since if the chip ID doesn't match the game you're playing, it won't work online.
The important part (the one you want to keep private) is the cartridge ID

Reactions: oxenh

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
another quick question
Can i inyect header from rom without worry about the catridge size of the original game of the header?
For example inyecting 2 Gb rom header to a 256 Mb rom
(Sorry for my bad english)

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
another quick question
Can i inyect header from rom without worry about the catridge size of the original game of the header?
For example inyecting 2 Gb rom header to a 256 Mb rom
(Sorry for my bad english)

Usually if you're using GW Rom Patcher, it fixes the cartridge size automatically to the one you're using.
As for the Manufacturer, it uses the same one as the one that was in the rom so that's what might be wrong when using it. But if it's wrong, it's simply to know since you won't be able to play online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Except all of reddit 4chan and YouTube reviewers