Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Trying to get full Luna3DS CFW. (And use FBI) I did read that when looking it up but 3DS guide didn't seem to lead me that way.
Also I got DSiWare so could I easily update and use boot9strap (DSi) then?
DSiWare hax requires a second already modded system. Start from https://3ds.guide/get-started as it has the information about what works on what firmware. You will need either DSiWare hax or ntrboot.

Truescorpius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes.

Got my r4i rts 3ds in today and attempted to hack my new 3ds xl (currently on 11.6 fw). Followed the guide at 3ds.guide about flashing the flashcart with an old dslite I have, everything seemed to go fine. Proceeded to follow the instructions and put all the necessary files onto my systems sd card root. Used the magnet trick and button combo to boot up while powering on but nothing happens. It turns on then goes back into sleep mode, and when I remove the magnet it wakes up in the home menu. I'm not sure what I did wrong, and I've spent a good 6 hours trying to figure this out, googling and reading everything and anything I can. Does anyone have any ideas? I was going to unflash the cart and try again but I guess you need a hacked system to do that, and the guide on 3ds.guide said nothing about keeping the dslite on (which I wish I would've now). Am I just screwed or is there something I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Got my r4i rts 3ds in today and attempted to hack my new 3ds xl (currently on 11.6 fw). Followed the guide at 3ds.guide about flashing the flashcart with an old dslite I have, everything seemed to go fine. Proceeded to follow the instructions and put all the necessary files onto my systems sd card root. Used the magnet trick and button combo to boot up while powering on but nothing happens. It turns on then goes back into sleep mode, and when I remove the magnet it wakes up in the home menu. I'm not sure what I did wrong, and I've spent a good 6 hours trying to figure this out, googling and reading everything and anything I can. Does anyone have any ideas? I was going to unflash the cart and try again but I guess you need a hacked system to do that, and the guide on 3ds.guide said nothing about keeping the dslite on (which I wish I would've now). Am I just screwed or is there something I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated.
Make sure all the buttons you need to hold while booting work and experiment with the magnet placement when the 3ds is on. On some models it works when you place the magnet to the side of the 3ds, which makes pressing the buttons easier. Also make sure you put the SafeB9SInstaller.firm to the root of the 3ds' sd card, NOT the one inside the flashcart and renamed it to boot.firm.

Last edited by Uumas,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Sounds like you aren't holding the buttons right. Hold them all down before pressing power, then press power only briefly so the blue light comes on. Keep holding down the buttons for a couple of seconds, then let go. It should work. If it doesn't, play some games that use those buttons to make sure they work. If they don't you'll need to get them fixed somehow or use DSiWare hax instead (requires another console that is already hacked).

Truescorpius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The magnet was no problem, and I've checked, double checked, and checked 10 more times for the files lol. I checked the buttons on a game just to make sure and all buttons do work on the system, yet still nothing happens. I hold X, Start and Select before I even touch the power button, then hold the power button down in combination. I've done variances on letting go of power while holding the others down, letting go at different times, holding for 10 seconds... anything XD. I'm not sure what I did wrong, or if it's the flashcart or what.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
The magnet was no problem, and I've checked, double checked, and checked 10 more times for the files lol. I checked the buttons on a game just to make sure and all buttons do work on the system, yet still nothing happens. I hold X, Start and Select before I even touch the power button, then hold the power button down in combination. I've done variances on letting go of power while holding the others down, letting go at different times, holding for 10 seconds... anything XD. I'm not sure what I did wrong, or if it's the flashcart or what.
Are you sure the flashcart is flashed properly? It can only be a failure of holding the buttons or the flashcart, if the files on the console's SD card were wrong it would just shut down

DisturbedAle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't touched my 3DS since... Zelda Link Between Worlds... Now my Gateway Card seemingly stopped working.

I have the Gateway card in there, boots into Gateway mode and starts FW 10.2.0-28U.... Is my assumption correct, is the Gateway card bad, could it be anything else?

Should I rebuy the Gateway or go a different direction? (I'm on CFW 4.5+)

Note: MicroSD Card seems fine

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I haven't used my OLD 3DS since Arm9Loaderhax and I Wanted to update it to BS9. I followed "the guide" up until safehax but every time I load safehax after loading udsploit it turns off my 3DS.
What am I doing wrong?
I'm on Sys 11.3.0-36U and already have luma and all that good stuff installed but I just want BS9 since its suppose to be future proof.

PossiblyOne

Alive For Now
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I haven't used my OLD 3DS since Arm9Loaderhax and I Wanted to update it to BS9. I followed "the guide" up until safehax but every time I load safehax after loading udsploit it turns off my 3DS.
What am I doing wrong?
I'm on Sys 11.3.0-36U and already have luma and all that good stuff installed but I just want BS9 since its suppose to be future proof.

You're following the wrong section of the guide, it seems. Follow a9lh to b9s instead.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I can think then is using the wrong ntrboot, but I used the one the guide suggested so idk.
Make sure the console is OFF when you do it, not in sleep mode with the magnet. And you should be using the .nds flasher unless you have B9S installed on the console already then you'd need the .firm flasher. (Which you know, wouldn't even work without B9S so that should be obvious you used the correct one)....

Other than that make sure the files are in the correct place on the console's SD card, and that your console is actually reading the SD card. (When it's flashed it WILL NOT show an icon for the gamecard slot) so you won't be able to tell if it's being read correctly or not. If you suspect that, stick a piece of paper between the cartridge and the copper contacts and try again.

Reactions: Uumas

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't touched my 3DS since... Zelda Link Between Worlds... Now my Gateway Card seemingly stopped working.

I have the Gateway card in there, boots into Gateway mode and starts FW 10.2.0-28U.... Is my assumption correct, is the Gateway card bad, could it be anything else?

Should I rebuy the Gateway or go a different direction? (I'm on CFW 4.5+)

Note: MicroSD Card seems fine
What do you mean by it stopped working?

BlackwatchMimi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know /much/ about custom firmware stuff as i bought my 3DS already running Luma3DS
But
Is it currently safe to update the emunand to the most recent update?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
So im going to buy R4 Gold 3DS RTS for NTRBoothax. My console is already hacked and i dont want to test the flaschard/exploit on a different console that is not mine, just in case. Any way to test if it works with my 3DS?

Edit: By the way, does it work right out of the box? Do i need to install any update or something? Could this flaschard connect to a Wii?

Last edited by alexj9626,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So im going to buy R4 Gold 3DS RTS for NTRBoothax. My console is already hacked and i dont want to test the flaschard/exploit on a different console that is not mine, just in case. Any way to test if it works with my 3DS?

Edit: By the way, does it work right out of the box? Do i need to install any update or something? Could this flaschard connect to a Wii?
If you successfully flash it, it won't show up in your 3DS.

Reactions: alexj9626

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...