Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all like this, even ntr.cia also like this..,

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Are you using the .3DSX version of FBI, the homebrew version? Or are you using the .CIA? If you're using the HomeBrew app, I would suggest reinjecting it and using 'AR Games" instead of Download Play. If that doesn't work use the .CIA version instead.

If you're already using the .CIA version, download a fresh one and install it (don't use Wi-Fi, do it manually).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

(s)he was talking about the language
She said she wants to change the system language from Japanese to English. That requires a region change.

burplesnurf

Trophies
XP
Country
alright, i think i may have probably messed something up
a while back i was playing smash 4 3ds and the game crashed when i went home, but it showed a crash handler message with the press button to shutdown message
i did so and all the homebrew data i had was lost from the home screen and all dsiware titles stayed, how do i recover the homebrew title data? (old3ds, hacked with ntrhax)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, i think i may have probably messed something up
a while back i was playing smash 4 3ds and the game crashed when i went home, but it showed a crash handler message with the press button to shutdown message
i did so and all the homebrew data i had was lost from the home screen and all dsiware titles stayed, how do i recover the homebrew title data? (old3ds, hacked with ntrhax)
I don't think your titles have been uninstalled, they don't just disappear from an error. I would assume the icons just disappeared for a second. Have they come back when you restart your console? I ask because mine recently did the same thing, when I restarted the console everything came back.

burplesnurf

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think your titles have been uninstalled, they don't just disappear from an error. I would assume the icons just disappeared for a second. Have they come back when you restart your console?
nope, just to add to my thing that i forgot, i do have backups available and have tried replacing the files twice now

burplesnurf

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you mean a NAND backup or what?

Go to system settings>Data Management>3DS Software And see if you see your apps/games listed. If they are, the icons are just gone.
nothing shows up, 111k blocks free
and the backups i have are of the files i had on my 3ds while it was homebrewed like game data and such, plus a NAND backup too

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing shows up, 111k blocks free
and the backups i have are of the files i had on my 3ds while it was homebrewed like game data and such, plus a NAND backup too
So you have no titles installed at all or what? I'm going to assume your SD card has issues then because the console will never 100% uninstall your data like that on its own. You should test it for errors, if it has any get a new one.

Also I'd like to mention that 111 blocks is only 14mb, your stuff is still there you must have checked the wrong place or something. Or like I said, your SD card is dead because the stuff is 100% still installed. (The smallest size SD card that works in a console has 4GB or 32,000 blocks).

EDIT: I see the "k" now, so you mean 111,000. Apologies, but still if it's taking the space on the SD but not showing in the console it's likely an SD card issue. You can try restoring a NAND backup as well if you have one.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure even a 1GB card would work. O3DS Smalls came with 2GB SD cards

@burplesnurf How many GB does your SD card have?
I didn't mean to imply smaller cards wouldn't work, just that 4GB is usually the smallest people use in their console; Even when it came with a 2GB one.

EDIT: I meant "works" as in with CFW, you can't even make a NAND backup using a 2GB card if you have one game installed.

Reactions: Ricken

burplesnurf

Trophies
XP
Country
So you have no titles installed at all or what? I'm going to assume your SD card has issues then because the console will never 100% uninstall your data like that on its own. You should test it for errors, if it has any get a new one.

Also I'd like to mention that 111 blocks is only 14mb, your stuff is still there you must have checked the wrong place or something. Or like I said, your SD card is dead because the stuff is 100% still installed. (The smallest size SD card that works in a console has 4GB or 32,000 blocks).

EDIT: I see the "k" now, so you mean 111,000. Apologies, but still if it's taking the space on the SD but not showing in the console it's likely an SD card issue. You can try restoring a NAND backup as well if you have one.
thank you so much, just formatting and replacing my backup files worked
that does bring up the question on how to replicate the time the error corrupted my sd card...

kyechp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

She said she wants to change the system language from Japanese to English. That requires a region change.
Tyvm, now do I download my system's base crt image (JP) or the US one (the one I'd like to switch too)?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you so much, just formatting and replacing my backup files worked
that does bring up the question on how to replicate the time the error corrupted my sd card...
I would still test your SD card for errors man, just in case that was the issue and not the console reading it incorrectly.
Tyvm, now do I download my system's base crt image (JP) or the US one (the one I'd like to switch too)?
Just follow this guide https://3ds.guide/region-changing
Everything you need is in there. Just make sure you read the warnings regarding eShop and NNID and such, it's important.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I would still test your SD card for errors man, just in case that was the issue and not the console reading it incorrectly.

Just follow this guide https://3ds.guide/region-changing
Everything you need is in there. Just make sure you read the warnings regarding eShop and NNID and such, it's important.
The guide is actually a bit confusing, it says to download for your device type and region, i.e., what they already have. But then I don't see how it would change region...
The 11.5.0 CTRTransfer image for your device and region
(if your device is not from one of these regions, just pick one that matches your device type):

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide is actually a bit confusing, it says to download for your device type and region, i.e., what they already have. But then I don't see how it would change region...
Yeah I discussed it with someone else before. In the very first part it tells you to "choose the CTRNAND transfer for the region you want to switch to" so when it says "your region" later, it's implied it means the one you want to switch to.

I agree, it should be black and white though.

I'll probably issue a few more pull requests for this and the mentioning of having a working Flashcard before trying NTRBoot; for some reason he only mentions it on the "NTRBooT (3DS single system) page and none of the others. Plailect did add my menuhacks check disclaimer, so it's worth a shot.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I discussed it with someone else before. In the very first part it tells you to "choose the CTRNAND transfer for the region you want to switch to" so when it says "your region" later, it's implied it means the one you want to switch to.

I agree, it should be black and white though.

I'll probably issue a few more pull requests for this and the mentioning of having a working Flashcard before trying NTRBoot; for some reason he only mentions it on the "NTRBooT (3DS single system) page and none of the others. Plailect did add my menuhacks check disclaimer, so it's worth a shot.
In the CTR-NAND transfer page it uses the same wording, where it means your current region. And, why would you choose a random region in the case none match your region? That would mean if you were trying to switch to Taiwan for example, you could pick the US one of the same device type and it would switch you to Taiwan? That wouldn't work.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the CTR-NAND transfer page it uses the same wording, where it means your current region. And, why would you choose a random region in the case none match your region? That would mean if you were trying to switch to Taiwan for example, you could pick the US one of the same device type and it would switch you to Taiwan? That wouldn't work.
Well I mean common sense should come into play a little as well. Why would you be under the region changing section if you were trying a regular CTRNAND transfer? And why would you assume (after reading the page) that it's telling you to pick the region you're already on when the goal is to switch?

He probably just copy/pasted directions from the regular CTRNAND page to the Region Change on without thinking about it. At least that what it seems like to me.

EDIT: Regardless though, it should be fixed because it is quite confusing.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
And why would you assume (after reading the page) that it's telling you to pick the region you're already on when the goal is to switch?
What about if you're trying to switch to Taiwan for example? Using common sense, the wording plus the fact that picking a random region can't be right if you are trying to swap to a particular one, means it really really sounds like you're supposed to pick your current region.

It's not just confusing, it's also wrong.

Reactions: Uumas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!