Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok I think I got bootstrap9 as I was told I need it now to keep running my CFW 3DS. Should I update the system now through system settings? just to double check I tried installing the latest hourly(it shows as green but I just wanted to test it anyway as it said "download failed" last time.) it's still doing it though?

Also do I need to do anything past section III now?

https://3ds.guide/updating-to-boot9strap

or does bootstrap just update luma for you automatically now and I don't need an installer?

Also should I still be updating my system through system update menu?
To update your firmware, use Luma updater (you won't need to since you would have 7.1 from following the updating to Boot9Strap guide) then update from System Settings.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To update your firmware, use Luma updater (you won't need to since you would have 7.1 from following the updating to Boot9Strap guide) then update from System Settings.
ok it says payload type is SIGHAX. but I thought I installed bootstrap9. Just wondering it matters for..

Also how can I dump my sysnand incase something ever breaks and I need to restore?

Also is it safe to go online now? I heard a lot of people are getting banned..

Last edited by kbf,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok it says payload type is SIGHAX. but I thought I installed bootstrap9. Just wondering it matters for..

Also how can I dump my sysnand incase something ever breaks and I need to restore?
That's supposed to happen. At the time of writing the code, sighax was easier to type and remember.

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What step are you up to on the guide?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why do you want to update sysNAND to 11.2 anyway? If you are using Gateway you really need to be using an emuNAND.

If your problem is that your emuNAND firmware is too high, do this.

1. Backup your emuNAND
2. Create a new one (you can use GodMode9). It will be a clone of your sysNAND.
3. Update it using Yoshi's Wooly World

Or, boot into emuNAND using Luma and use 3Down (11.2 CTR NAND transfer) to get it to a lower firmware again.

I wouldn't let Gateway anywhere near my sysNAND if it were me. Of course, you can do whatever you want, if you know there are risks and you're willing to suffer any consequences.
well, 3DS has unlinked emunand so no, prolly won't work like that.
I might move I friend to using cias only on latest fw, but I need to first move all his GW saves to cias.

thanks for you help :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Also is it safe to go online now? I heard a lot of people are getting banned..
Use GodMode9. If you check the finalising setup page, near the end are some instructions for backing up your NAND.

well, 3DS has unlinked emunand so no, prolly won't work like that.
I might move I friend to using cias only on latest fw, but I need to first move all his GW saves to cias.

thanks for you help :)
What do you mean, "won't work like that"? If you want to re-unlink your emuNAND, then format your sysNAND after doing the first option. If you don't want to lose your current emuNAND, then do the second.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use GodMode9. If you check the finalising setup page, near the end are some instructions for backing up your NAND.

What do you mean, "won't work like that"? If you want to re-unlink your emuNAND, then format your sysNAND after doing the first option. If you don't want to lose your current emuNAND, then do the second.

"
  1. Navigate to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND
  2. Press (Y) to paste a copy of boot.firm
  3. Select “Copy path(s)”"

sorry but do I copy it over the other boot.firm in sysnand ctrnand? or does it matter? I see a bunch of sub folder in here.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
"
  1. Navigate to [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND
  2. Press (Y) to paste a copy of boot.firm
  3. Select “Copy path(s)”"

sorry but do I copy it over the other boot.firm in sysnand ctrnand? or does it matter? I see a bunch of sub folder in here.
I think you've already done that. You only want to backup your NAND.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Section IX - NAND Backup
  1. Press (B) twice to return to the main menu
  2. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  3. Select “More…”
  4. Select “Backup NAND”
  5. Press (A) to continue
  6. Hold (R) and press (B) at the same time to eject your SD card
  7. Insert your SD card into your computer
  8. Copy nand.bin from the /gm9out/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer
    • Make backups in multiple locations (such as online file storage)
    • This backup will save you from a brick if anything goes wrong in the future
  9. Delete nand.bin from the /gm9out/ folder on your SD card after copying it
  10. Reinsert your SD card into your device
  11. Press (Start) to save and reboot

https://gyazo.com/c11e213dbefb10490e68dbe62e977b61 ok well i'm here right now step 10. Should I just keep going till the end now or skip to a certain part?
Yeah you don't need to do that, just do Section IX (I pasted it here)

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. Are you on the finalising setup page like I said?
Http://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

Ok I got it thanks. But why can I skip the other steps out of curiosity because I just wanna make sure I did everything right. And is this sysnand or EMUnand being dumped?

Anyway thanks for your help.

P.S: Crap I forgot one more thing. It said to delete the nand.bin after it was backed up but can I delete the .sha file as well or do I need that?

Last edited by kbf,

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
I have o3ds and n3ds both still at 9.2.0, so I am planning to do system transfer from o3ds to n3ds

questions
1. since system transfer needs to be at latest firmware I think, so is it safe to setup b9s to both devices, update to 11.4 for both devices and do system transfer?
2. after I do system transfer, is it safe to format the o3ds using 3ds settings app? just to make sure that everything like brand new before I use this device for other purpose
3. and do system transfer and format removes b9s? so after I do steps above, do I retain b9s for both device?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have o3ds and n3ds both still at 9.2.0, so I am planning to do system transfer from o3ds to n3ds

questions
1. since system transfer needs to be at latest firmware I think, so is it safe to setup b9s to both devices, update to 11.4 for both devices and do system transfer?
2. after I do system transfer, is it safe to format the o3ds using 3ds settings app? just to make sure that everything like brand new before I use this device for other purpose
3. and do system transfer and format removes b9s? so after I do steps above, do I retain b9s for both device?
1. Yes
2. Yes.
3. No. Yes.

Reactions: Garou

kaiomar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys,

I've done a big mistake I think..
My brother's new 3ds xl using gateway was on 11.2 I think, he wanted to play the new fire emblem so he needed a higher version.
I've downloaded the lastest gateway file (launcher.dat), then start on gateway mode, gone to eshop and update his new 3ds xl while the latest version isn't supported (my bad didn't read the news on their website :/)
Now when we start gateway mode, there is a black screen..
Is there a way to revert this ? and if I follow the b9s tutorial from the beginning, is there any risk of brick after my mistake.. ?

Sorry for my poor english, I hope you understand what I explain.

Thanks in advance !

Timmerito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have an o3ds with luma cfw on 9.2, but now i want to remove the cfw and just normally update the sysnand, is that possible? I have never installed AL9H.

Thanks!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello guys,

I've done a big mistake I think..
My brother's new 3ds xl using gateway was on 11.2 I think, he wanted to play the new fire emblem so he needed a higher version.
I've downloaded the lastest gateway file (launcher.dat), then start on gateway mode, gone to eshop and update his new 3ds xl while the latest version isn't supported (my bad didn't read the news on their website :/)
Now when we start gateway mode, there is a black screen..
Is there a way to revert this ? and if I follow the b9s tutorial from the beginning, is there any risk of brick after my mistake.. ?

Sorry for my poor english, I hope you understand what I explain.

Thanks in advance !
1. Follow 3ds.guide from the beginning on your sysNAND
Stop here if you don't need to use Gateway anymore, else continue
2. Find 3Down and use it to downgrade your emuNAND (it's an 11.2 CTR transfer)
3. Find the Gateway payload in .firm format and use that to boot Gateway mode as a Luma payload.
4. Never boot Gateway mode in sysNAND, always use an emuNAND

I have an o3ds with luma cfw on 9.2, but now i want to remove the cfw and just normally update the sysnand, is that possible? I have never installed AL9H.

Thanks!
You can just update. But keep in mind if you do that you'll no longer be able to use any homebrew (until smealum updates the O3DS payloads for 11.4). If you want to use homebrew then follow 3ds.guide before updating.

Reactions: kaiomar

kaiomar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. Follow 3ds.guide from the beginning on your sysNAND
Stop here if you don't need to use Gateway anymore, else continue
2. Find 3Down and use it to downgrade your emuNAND (it's an 11.2 CTR transfer)
3. Find the Gateway payload in .firm format and use that to boot Gateway mode as a Luma payload.
4. Never boot Gateway mode in sysNAND, always use an emuNAND

You can just update. But keep in mind if you do that you'll no longer be able to use any homebrew (until smealum updates the O3DS payloads for 11.4). If you want to use homebrew then follow 3ds.guide before updating.

Thanks a lot for your answer ! :D
Edit : He wants to play .3ds game so Luma can do this I guess ? no need of gateway anymore ?

Last edited by kaiomar,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8