• Likes 43

laurorual

What are you looking for?
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it just 'tells' gateway to use the header and let you go online

So, the reason my old save file corrupts when I change from .3ds to .3dz it's because the rom starts to look after a save file with same Header, correct? Why are we able to change a rom Header and not a save file Header?

just curious, does smealum have a japanese 3ds?...
since he was playing online with ssb, it would be cool if he didn't, since then it shows us he has accessed eshop to download the update (since he said on his twitter that he played online)

:)

Probably yes, since he has tested his exploit on japanese firmware and he pretends to buy the New 3DS from japan.

mainframe004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone having issues with the Blue Gateway cart? Mine keeps crashing the 3DS on startup and when I try to move the cursor over to where the game should appear on the main menu. This is using the files found in the 2.3 beta download.

laurorual

What are you looking for?
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone having issues with the Blue Gateway cart? Mine keeps crashing the 3DS on startup and when I try to move the cursor over to where the game should appear on the main menu. This is using the files found in the 2.3 beta download.

Which firmware version are you in? Mine is just fine here. Try to change your micro sd or use another DS flashcard (Blue Card is just a R4 flashcard).

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
So, the reason my old save file corrupts when I change from .3ds to .3dz it's because the rom starts to look after a save file with same Header, correct? Why are we able to change a rom Header and not a save file Header?

yes that is why :)
the rom makes the save file... so, the save is encrypted according to the rom's header - the save doesn't 'have' a header like that - until we are able to properly decrypt saves :) then we can encrypt it with any header, hopefully

Reactions: laurorual

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can other flashcarts besides gateway load ROMS in the 3dz format? It's online support an exclusive to the GW 2.2 version?

A quick google search says MT-Card can play roms online, I don't know which specific card you're on about but google is your friend anyway.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I see.

According to 3dbrew with both CPU's combined it runs at 402 MHz.
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Hardware#Specifications

N64 emulation may be possible after all. 16-bit console emulation should be able to attain full speed and maybe compatibility too.

jEnesisDS was a piece of work too. Attaining full speed on a 100MHz handheld must have had a lot of optimizations. I mean both M68k and YM2612 run at 7.67 MHz and that's not counting the Z80 which is 3.58 MHz the VDP and PSG

All together, wow.

secroit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi guys,

just got my gateway card today and set up evertyhing fine because of your help!! thanks so much so far. got my card from playmods.co.uk if anybody is unsure where to get a real one.

still got some questions:
- i read about holding the "L" button before loading up the gateway menu via the ds profile in the settings. is it to avoid inserting the blue card everytime or why should i do that?
- just read something about roms renaming the file ending to "3dz". why do i have to do that und which games needs that?
- still want to play online: also read about bans. is there a high chance to get banned and when i got banned what does it mean? does i ever can use online features?
- also read about complications with save file. what are these?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

just got my gateway card today and set up evertyhing fine because of your help!! thanks so much so far. got my card from playmods.co.uk if anybody is unsure where to get a real one.

still got some questions:
- i read about holding the "L" button before loading up the gateway menu via the ds profile in the settings. is it to avoid inserting the blue card everytime or why should i do that?
- just read something about roms renaming the file ending to "3dz". why do i have to do that und which games needs that?
- still want to play online: also read about bans. is there a high chance to get banned and when i got banned what does it mean? does i ever can use online features?
- also read about complications with save file. what are these?

1 - Holding L will boot you into gateway menu (the one where you can back up your nand format emunand etc) if you don't hold L it was just boot into gateway mode as usual.
2 - .3dz is for playing online, there's a thread about it, I'm sure you'll be able to find it as you seem to have setup well enough :) just have a quick read if you want to go online it's nothing to confusing.
3 - There isn't a high chance of you getting banned, you have the same amount of chance as everybody else does, because most people are sharing the same headers. Headers are whats required for the game to go online, in order for the rom to go online it needs to read the header and it will only read the header if it's .3dz format. Don't worry about getting banned! IF it happens it happens, I personally think were very far away from being banned as nobody has come forward and said they've been banned, weve been able to go online for a while now so don't sweat it.
4 - if you start a save file on a .3ds rom and decide you then want to play it online, so therefore you have to change the file format to .3dz, you will lose your previous save. so just to be on the safe side whenever you get a game that can go online, just name it .3dz just incase you ever do want to go online, that way you won't lose your save.

secroit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1 - Holding L will boot you into gateway menu (the one where you can back up your nand format emunand etc) if you don't hold L it was just boot into gateway mode as usual.
2 - .3dz is for playing online, there's a thread about it, I'm sure you'll be able to find it as you seem to have setup well enough :) just have a quick read if you want to go online it's nothing to confusing.
3 - There isn't a high chance of you getting banned, you have the same amount of chance as everybody else does, because most people are sharing the same headers. Headers are whats required for the game to go online, in order for the rom to go online it needs to read the header and it will only read the header if it's .3dz format. Don't worry about getting banned! IF it happens it happens, I personally think were very far away from being banned as nobody has come forward and said they've been banned, weve been able to go online for a while now so don't sweat it.
4 - if you start a save file on a .3ds rom and decide you then want to play it online, so therefore you have to change the file format to .3dz, you will lose your previous save. so just to be on the safe side whenever you get a game that can go online, just name it .3dz just incase you ever do want to go online, that way you won't lose your save.
1. Ah got it, thanks.
2. okay, will look for it.
3. so if i got banned: what exactly are the consequences?
4. should i always rename the roms to .3dz (whether i want to play online or not)? so if i want to play offline i just could turn off the wlan switch on the side of the ds?

another one: in gateway mode, can i do anything i would do in "normal" mode? for example using the eshop, downloading games and demos and so on? are there any risks?

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1 - http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-scene-dumps-with-gw-2-2-online.365829/ there's the thread
2 - If you get banned I'm not entirely sure but It's most probably the console won't be able to play online and your NNID (as they're tied together) but I seriously doubt they'd block eshop access so that should be fine. Again just speculation as no one has actually been banned, might just be a time ban for 24 hours, I don't know.
3 - If the game CAN go online, you're better off just injecting the header and renaming it .3dz (as you'll learn about in the thread above) just to be on the safe side, although my roms are capable of going online (Mario Golf for example at the minute) I have the Wi-Fi switch turned off until I actually want to play it online. So yeah just turn the switch off to play offline, or leave the switch on and still play offline, It's your choice.

define "normal" mode? in gateway mode you can do everything a normal 3ds can do if you have an updated 8.1 emunand like using the eshop downloading games and demo's etc.

If by normal you mean 4.5 then none of that is possible without updating, which you really don't want to do.

secroit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1 - http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-scene-dumps-with-gw-2-2-online.365829/ there's the thread
2 - If you get banned I'm not entirely sure but It's most probably the console won't be able to play online and your NNID (as they're tied together) but I seriously doubt they'd block eshop access so that should be fine. Again just speculation as no one has actually been banned, might just be a time ban for 24 hours, I don't know.
3 - If the game CAN go online, you're better off just injecting the header and renaming it .3dz (as you'll learn about in the thread above) just to be on the safe side, although my roms are capable of going online (Mario Golf for example at the minute) I have the Wi-Fi switch turned off until I actually want to play it online. So yeah just turn the switch off to play offline, or leave the switch on and still play offline, It's your choice.

define "normal" mode? in gateway mode you can do everything a normal 3ds can do if you have an updated 8.1 emunand like using the eshop downloading games and demo's etc.

If by normal you mean 4.5 then none of that is possible without updating, which you really don't want to do.
thanks for the link. you answered exactly what i wanted to know. sorry, my english might not be the best. so thanks, everythings clear now. :)

||αяιєѕ||

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm an online 3DS noob, I need help ._.

About playing online in my MT Card.....
A while ago, I updated my launcher.dat and the card itself to 2.0.
I renamed every rom of mine to 3DZ. Also I renamed my saves to ZAV. I did not rename the name of the rom (ie the game was Mario Kart 7, it was "Mario Kart 7.3dz")
I tried opening it and all my games said "Invalid 3DZ". I knew I missed a step so I need help. I was suddenly interested in online gaming ^^

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm an online 3DS noob, I need help ._.

About playing online in my MT Card.....
A while ago, I updated my launcher.dat and the card itself to 2.0.
I renamed every rom of mine to 3DZ. Also I renamed my saves to ZAV. I did not rename the name of the rom (ie the game was Mario Kart 7, it was "Mario Kart 7.3dz")
I tried opening it and all my games said "Invalid 3DZ". I knew I missed a step so I need help. I was suddenly interested in online gaming ^^
You need to inject a header into the rom for it to be a valid 3dz game, read this thread for instructions http://gbatemp.net/threads/scene-roms-online-tutorial-for-dummies.370589/, also you can't just rename your save to zav, you need to start over if you switch to a game using a header for online play

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: What are the odds lol