• Replies 53,714
  • Likes 43

Xoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm trying to change the system SD card (not the one you put in the red cart) I originally setup gateway with, but I'm having issues.

Steps I took where running / copying the Gateway 2.3 firmware to the new SD card. I ran the blue gateway card and I'm able to go into the profile to boot gateway and can boot games in gateway mode, I also tried to copy all of the SD card emunand files form the old SD card to the new one. It didn't work.

I'm unable to launch eshop or use friends list. It also says I'm still on original 4.5.0 even though i can launch software. Do I need to format emunand? I'm assuming though that'll erase my nintendo id and everyting I set up on the old emunand

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hey guys. I'm trying to change the SD card I originally setup gateway with, but I'm having issues.

Steps I took where running / copying the Gateway 2.3 firmware to the new SD card. I ran the blue gateway card and I'm able to go into the profile to boot gateway and can boot games in gateway mode, I also tried to copy all of the SD card emunand files form the old SD card to the new one. It didn't work.

I'm unable to launch eshop or use friends list. It also says I'm still on original 4.5.0 even though i can launch software. Do I need to format emunand? I'm assuming though that'll erase my nintendo id and everyting I set up on the old emunand
http://gbatemp.net/threads/do-i-need-to-create-emunand-if-i-change-a-sd-card.371844/#post-5108989

Reactions: Xoa

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! Sucks I can't get some Sm4sh demo action but I'm now certainly gonna buy a Gateway ASAP.

Yeah, it's a pretty shitty what they did with their latest firmware. Makes it so people waiting on 4.x for an exploit not requiring a shifty, super-expensive flashcard have to purchase a Gateway to keep using their 3DS.

We really need an Emunand solution that isn't tied to piracy.

Misiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i have a 4.4 3ds xl.
and im about to buy a gateway, but should i wait to see if the hombrew scene will allow to play backups?, or buy the gateway?

Xoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save files that are from 128kb chipset carts (IE Oot 3D, Kirby Triple Deluxe) can't be dumped and used on gateway, correct?

Xoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought so, thanks.

And Yeah, they dump fine. You can dump the save and then reload it onto a physical cart and it'll still work, so gateway is not using the files properly apparently.

Reactions: cearp

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello folks! I have a kinda noob question:

Let a X.X 3DS, a preloaded Z.Z update from Internet and a cartridge with Y.Y update built-in. X.X, Y.Y and Z.Z are three firmware revisions such that X.X < Y.Y < Z.Z

When I plug the cartridge and want to boot the game, which update is applied? Y.Y or ZZ?

Has someone tried this before, and did a record of this "experiment"?

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think playing JPN, EU version of games on Gateway and US 3DS uses more battery as opposed to the US version of the game? I dont know if its true but it seems like my battery goes down faster when playing Project Mirai 2.
The site I use only uploaded the EU version of the game so I wonder if I should search the US one.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hello folks! I have a kinda noob question:

Let a X.X 3DS, a preloaded Z.Z update from Internet and a cartridge with Y.Y update built-in. X.X, Y.Y and Z.Z are three firmware revisions such that X.X < Y.Y < Z.Z

When I plug the cartridge and want to boot the game, which update is applied? Y.Y or ZZ?

Has someone tried this before, and did a record of this "experiment"?
if you update using the cart it will update using the cart's FW update, you just have to make sure you go with the update prompt from the cart when you go to launch the game.

Reactions: EMegamanu

laurorual

What are you looking for?
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!
1) I see the newest firmware of gateway (2.3b) can play newest games like tomodachi life. Does anyone knows how they've manage to do this?
2) Games with cart2 saves can be played in classic mode in 2.3b or not?
3) If classic mode needs gateway cart to work, how would i be able to put my cart into the console to play it? LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?