Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You should tell him what the use of this step is, though :rolleyes: . Frankly I have no idea, but if I was him and could not get it working I'd probably get lazy and just skip the step (assuming it'd work fine anyway). As such, if the step is crucial, then do tell.
It is so that the console will boot without the SD card. Steps 7-11 move arm9loaderhax.bin to the system memory so it can use it to boot and doesn't need to have it on the SD card. It's good protection in case either your SD reader slot on your console breaks, or you put a bad arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card or delete it - now you can boot up your console and fix it with wireless SD management (in the case that you don't have a pc with an SD slot handy)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, well how do I update to the latest Luma?

Yes, I do.
Ok, well that's weird. I don't know what to say about that. Does the console switch off right away or stay on with black screens? If the latter, maybe leave it for a few minutes in case it's being really slow to start up.

Edit: did you say you weren't using the latest Luma? That would explain it! You need Luma 6.6, it should be linked in the guide. (After replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin, do steps 7-11 again).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah also, where do I put 3dsx files? I want to get the playcoin app and I want to get the JKSM thing but I don't know where the 3dsx files should be put

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oh yeah also, where do I put 3dsx files? I want to get the playcoin app and I want to get the JKSM thing but I don't know where the 3dsx files should be put
You can install JKSM and PlayCoinSetter as cias. But if there is something else in the future that only has a 3dsx and no cia, then put it in the 3ds folder and use it from homebrew.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So I just noticed that my 3DS has an empty "title" in the main menu? Wtf is up with that? What I mean is that the white box is there but it's missing the icon for whatever software it may be .. And it's actually not anything because I can't do anything about it. I can move it around but I don't understand how to remove it?

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is so that the console will boot without the SD card. Steps 7-11 move arm9loaderhax.bin to the system memory so it can use it to boot and doesn't need to have it on the SD card. It's good protection in case either your SD reader slot on your console breaks, or you put a bad arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card or delete it - now you can boot up your console and fix it with wireless SD management (in the case that you don't have a pc with an SD slot handy)

Ok, well that's weird. I don't know what to say about that. Does the console switch off right away or stay on with black screens? If the latter, maybe leave it for a few minutes in case it's being really slow to start up.

Edit: did you say you weren't using the latest Luma? That would explain it! You need Luma 6.6, it should be linked in the guide. (After replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin, do steps 7-11 again).
Actually, is there a way to check if you are using the latest Luma or not? And if I'm not, do I have to redo the whole guide?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Actually, is there a way to check if you are using the latest Luma or not? And if I'm not, do I have to redo the whole guide?
Don't have to do the whole guide again. You can do as CGNetwork says (means you can update easily in the future), or you can do it manually by getting Luma 6.6 and pasting over the arm9loaderhax.bin.

mikeyisdead

Mikki is Alive
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i already look around for it on google i can't find anything
some reason on cfw or flashcard
when i hit homebutton to exit the game
sun or super samsh bros so far that only games i know it does this
then it restart the system and return back to homepage
so there any way i can fix this?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i already look around for it on google i can't find anything
some reason on cfw or flashcard
when i hit homebutton to exit the game
sun or super samsh bros so far that only games i know it does this
then it restart the system and return back to homepage
so there any way i can fix this?
That only happens if you're using a Old 3DS because of the extended memory mode that Sun and Sm4sh have. If you're getting tired of it, get a New 3DS.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capture3ds2.PNGam i supposed to be able to click this to download a file?

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you hold start before pressing the power button you can get into the Luma settings which shows the version string right on the top.

I don't know if you got your problems sorted, but just making sure you're not confusing rebooting with power cycling your 3DS in those steps. Maybe it doesn't make a difference, but you're supposed to reboot through Hourglass without the SD card.

View attachment 72372am i supposed to be able to click this to download a file?

You need BitComet or UTorrent or the like to download it. The link is a magnet link for a torrent file. This seems to have come up a lot frequently. I guess this is the noob thread though.

aetheraeternus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I really need help. I gave my 3DS to a friend, who fixed it up with arm9lh and freeshop. I downloaded and played a lot of games and racked up 50 hours on Pokemon Sun. Everything was going fine until one day I realized that all of my streetpass data, miis, and friends were gone. I decided to ask him what to do, and he said to open Luma and restore the sysNAND file. I did that. Well, as we found out, the backup file he was referring to wasn't on there, so it ended up getting restored to version 2.4.0. I assume this is when he downgraded my system to load cfw on it.

Now all of my games and their save data disappeared, and when I try to update the system, I just get a communication error even though I'm connected to my internet. Now I'm worried that I lost all of my streetpass data AND I lost all of my game save data, and that I might even be banned. I'm not really well versed in any of this stuff; I don't really know how any of it works. If anyone could help me in any way, I would be incredibly grateful. Thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I really need help. I gave my 3DS to a friend, who fixed it up with arm9lh and freeshop. I downloaded and played a lot of games and racked up 50 hours on Pokemon Sun. Everything was going fine until one day I realized that all of my streetpass data, miis, and friends were gone. I decided to ask him what to do, and he said to open Luma and restore the sysNAND file. I did that. Well, as we found out, the backup file he was referring to wasn't on there, so it ended up getting restored to version 2.4.0. I assume this is when he downgraded my system to load cfw on it.

Now all of my games and their save data disappeared, and when I try to update the system, I just get a communication error even though I'm connected to my internet. Now I'm worried that I lost all of my streetpass data AND I lost all of my game save data, and that I might even be banned. I'm not really well versed in any of this stuff; I don't really know how any of it works. If anyone could help me in any way, I would be incredibly grateful. Thanks.
Do a 9.2 CTR transfer: https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer then after that you should be able to update again. Use tikShop to mass install tickets then ask your games should show up again. As long as you don't mess with your Nintendo 3DS folder and don't format your system, your saves should still work.
Edit: assuming you meant 2.1 not 2.4, if you have a N3DS, don't put it in sleep mode while it's on 2.1 or it will brick.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

aetheraeternus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do a 9.2 CTR transfer: https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer then after that you should be able to update again. Use tikShop to mass install tickets then ask your games should show up again. As long as you don't mess with your Nintendo 3DS folder and don't format your system, your saves should still work.
Edit: assuming you meant 2.1 not 2.4, if you have a N3DS, don't put it in sleep mode while it's on 2.1 or it will brick.

Going to try this, will let you know how it goes. And yes you were right, it's 2.1.0-4U, I guess that's where I got the 4 from. Thanks.

Reactions: Quantumcat

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slight problem. I followed the guide and the did the Move Emunand section and at one point they previous .cia games were there but as I continued they disappeared. I suppose I messed up somewhere but it is not a big deal as I can reinstall them and the saves are old and not important. However, the SD card has has 15GB of data so I suppose they are still there taking up space and I dont really want that much dead space even though it is a 64GB mSD. How should I proceed?

N3DS XL was on 9.0 and used a Gateway previously. Emunand was probably 9.4-6

Thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Slight problem. I followed the guide and the did the Move Emunand section and at one point they previous .cia games were there but as I continued they disappeared. I suppose I messed up somewhere but it is not a big deal as I can reinstall them and the saves are old and not important. However, the SD card has has 15GB of data so I suppose they are still there taking up space and I dont really want that much dead space even though it is a 64GB mSD. How should I proceed?

N3DS XL was on 9.0 and used a Gateway previously. Emunand was probably 9.4-6

Thanks.
To get games to show up again use tikShop. You can download it using the TitleDB feature of FBI.

aetheraeternus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey, so with your help I was able to get back to 9.2.0. I think arm9 and luma are still on the 3DS, but I don't see the icons on the home screen like they used to be. Do I need to follow this guide from the beginning to proceed? And should I do this before or after I system update the 3DS? Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?