• Views 4,442,631
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use the browser to use any webpage? Reset your wireless switch (on the 3ds) and your routers.

Maybe nintendo's servers are down for manteinance right now? Although i doubt it.

Yep, can go on google fine.

The "you must update" automessage just turned up in the home menu for the first time, though. Maybe that's a good sign?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yep, can go on google fine.

The "you must update" automessage just turned up in the home menu for the first time, though. Maybe that's a good sign?

Well... Personally i wouldn't use it. Maybe it's just me being paranoid but when i wanted to download the update through system settings and that error popped up, the message came up in the home menu and somehow it ended up doing a partial upgrade that softbricked the emunand. Had to clone sysnand to emunand again to fix it.

So if i can't update normally from system settings, no way in hell i'm doing it from home menu. (Sure, you have a9lh, but you lack any proper backups, if a softbrick happens, how are you going to fix it?)

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... Personally i wouldn't use it. Maybe it's just me being paranoid but when i wanted to download the update through system settings and that error popped up, the message came up in the home menu and somehow it ended up doing a partial upgrade that softbricked the emunand. Had to clone sysnand to emunand again to fix it.

So if i can't update normally from system settings, no way in hell i'm going it from home menu. (Sure, you have a9lh, but you lack any proper backups, if a softbrick happens, how are you going to fix it?)

Right, that seems smart.

That's what I'm afraid of too, softbricking. I made it this far, don't want to risk undoing all that work for nothing.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)

Phailect's guide says to just check the DNS, but it's not that...so what else can I try?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Right, that seems smart.

That's what I'm afraid of too, softbricking. I made it this far, don't want to risk undoing all that work for nothing.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)

Phailect's guide says to just check the DNS, but it's not that...so what else can I try?

9.2.0-20-region- CTR transfer. It should be somewhere else in the guide where you skipped. A link to take you to a download to the 9.2 ctr transfer.

Sure this leaves you with just 9.2.0-20 but it's better than the ancient 2.1. At least while you figure out what's wrong with mset. Did you have any DNS configured before? Like TubehaxDNS or something. It may be blocking the download and that's the reason it's self canceling.

EDIT: I'm talking about the router or firewall... Not the 3ds itself since you said it's on auto obtain.

Last edited by Alex658,

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.2.0-20-region- CTR transfer. It should be somewhere else in the guide where you skipped. A link to take you to a download to the 9.2 ctr transfer.

Sure this leaves you with just 9.2.0-20 but it's better than the ancient 2.1. At least while you figure out what's wrong with mset. Did you have any DNS configured before? Like TubehaxDNS or something. It may be blocking the download and that's the reason it's self canceling.

Sad part is I just downgraded FROM 9.2.0-20. The goal was to get armhax on, which seems to have worked.

I don't think the dNS was configured before at all, no.

I followed the guide word for word, but still skipped one step somehow-making the backup nand.

Would that affect the system's ability to do the system upgrade?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Sad part is I just downgraded FROM 9.2.0-20. The goal was to get armhax on, which seems to have worked.

I don't think the dNS was configured before at all, no.

I followed the guide word for word, but still skipped one step somehow-making the backup nand.

Would that affect the system's ability to do the system upgrade?

It shouldn't, afaik.
I just did the guide for my spare o3ds but since i previously had an emunand just moved to the part MOVE REDNAND/EMUNAND and my emuand was on 11.0 so no need to use the system's mset update.

Was this a previously modded system or a vanilla one? If you previously had an emunand just use that. Back it up like it says in the move rednand part and inject it to your sysnand. If you don't have any then your only way out is to 9.2 ctr transfer yourself. At least until you figure out what is going on with your updates.

I'm convinced it has to be something either on your routers config or on nintendo's servers. I don't have internet at home atm otherwise i would just try it out and confirm whether it happens to me or not. I mean what else could be causing this?

What region are you? Usa?

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't, afaik.
I just did the guide for my spare o3ds but since i previously had an emunand just moved to the part MOVE REDNAND/EMUNAND and my emuand was on 11.0 so no need to use the system's mset update.

Was this a previously modded system or a vanilla one? If you previously had an emunand just use that. Back it up like it says in the move rednand part and inject it to your sysnand. If you don't have any then your only way out is to 9.2 ctr transfer yourself. At least until you figure out what is going on with your updates.

I'm convinced it has to be something either on your routers config or on nintendo's servers. I don't have internet at home atm otherwise i would just try it out and confirm whether it happens to me or not. I mean what else could be causing this?

What region are you? Usa?

US region.

I can access the net fine, can't be that.

This system started off Vanilla on 9.9. Did all the downgrades in my thread here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/main-cp...-from-9-9-0-to-9-2.443056/page-2#post-6711776

I got Luma and arm9hax installed as per the guide. ihaveamac was really good at troubleshooting the various little problems.

It does not start without the SD card installed. I've been told this is a good sign that shows I installed things right.

So basically I have an old 3DSXL with 2.1.0 and arm9hax and Luma installed and am stuck here.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
US region.

I can access the net fine, can't be that.

This system started off Vanilla on 9.9. Did all the downgrades in my thread here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/main-cp...-from-9-9-0-to-9-2.443056/page-2#post-6711776

I got Luma and arm9hax installed as per the guide. ihaveamac was really good at troubleshooting the various little problems.

It does not start without the SD card installed. I've been told this is a good sign that shows I installed things right.

So basically I have an old 3DSXL with 2.1.0 and arm9hax and Luma installed and am stuck here.

Maybe i didn't really explain myself well. I meant that if this is not your internet's issue (since you can google just fine) maybe NINTENDO'S servers are somehow blocked for you (which is why i ask if you've ever used tubehax dns on your router, maybe to avoid updates on other consoles if you have a wiiu or something).

Because it is very weird. I don't think it's an a9lh issue at all. You also said that the system was fully downgraded, and you also did the ctr transfer (which would finish up fixing any potential mismatch in the titles)...

Welp, this is all i can say... Wait for someone more knowledgeable to help you.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe i didn't really explain myself well. I meant that if this is not your internet's issue (since you can google just fine) maybe NINTENDO'S servers are somehow blocked for you (which is why i ask if you've ever used tubehax dns on your router, maybe to avoid updates on other consoles if you have a wiiu or something).

Because it is very weird. I don't think it's an a9lh issue at all. You also said that the system was fully downgraded, and you also did the ctr transfer (which would finish up fixing any potential mismatch in the titles)...

Welp, this is all i can say... Wait for someone more knowledgeable to help you.

Oh, I should mention I did NOT do the ctr transfer since part IV says:

If you are on Old 3DS and do not have any usable NAND backups, you can just Update your CFW SysNAND to the latest version with the System Settings. Yes this is safe.

If you are on New 3DS (or Old 3DS if the update doesn't work) and do not have any usable NAND backups, follow 9.2.0 ctrtransfer

I suppose I should've been more clear there too. I was scared to risk doing it and softbricking the 2.1.0 I got to.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded that it's just that the pack also has a firm0.bin and the plailect method only mentions the stage 1 and stage 2. Really don't wanna risk it before confirming whether they're needed or not
Yes you need that as well. Just place those files in the a9lh folder, then run safea9lhinstaller at boot by chainloading with Luma and then pressing select to update.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can leave your console in sleep mode for awhile and let it download the update. Then you might have better luck getting it to update from the settings.

Thanks for this reply.

In the end I got it to work via CTR transfer.

Edit: So I am finally done installing arm9hax and luma....and now I realize my SD card is too small to install .cia files.

Is it safe to swap SD cards while the 3ds is on and running firmware?

Last edited by testing123,

jamie2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar question with AL9H install. I finally finished installing AL9H but I can't get NTR CFW installed. I followed Phailect guide exactly, but I'm worried I made a mistake. I have a Japanese 3ds which was on 6.3 firmware. I updated to the lastest 11.1 firmware like it said to do in the guide. I wonder if this affected my ability to install NTR CFW because it always fails to install and it says current firmware is not supported? I did research for hours on this site, but I tried to do the same thing other people did who had the same problem but it doesn't make sense to me and doesn't work? Can someone help me? Also how do I load rom hacks?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar question with AL9H install. I finally finished installing AL9H but I can't get NTR CFW installed. I followed Phailect guide exactly, but I'm worried I made a mistake. I have a Japanese 3ds which was on 6.3 firmware. I updated to the lastest 11.1 firmware like it said to do in the guide. I wonder if this affected my ability to install NTR CFW because it always fails to install and it says current firmware is not supported? I did research for hours on this site, but I tried to do the same thing other people did who had the same problem but it doesn't make sense to me and doesn't work? Can someone help me? Also how do I load rom hacks?
https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/download/3.4/BootNTR.cia

you tried this, right? not the same one as the one included at https://github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases

jamie2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I believe I am but will try again just to be sure. I'm using an o3ds, and I downloaded the file from I think the first link you posted. BootNTR just tells me my firmware version is not supported, what am I doing wrong?
I don't know, but try this CIA again. you should try deleting any installed BootNTR first.

jamie2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, but try this CIA again. you should try deleting any installed BootNTR first.

Thank you, I just reused your file and it totally worked this time. I can't thank you enough!!!

I am also curious how would you load rom hacks? I don't see an option in homebrew?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to change 3ds region with a9lh? how?
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing

remember to read the warnings at the top about eShop.
Thank you, I just reused your file and it totally worked this time. I can't thank you enough!!!

I am also curious how would you load rom hacks? I don't see an option in homebrew?
HANS or layeredFS (NTR CFW) are probably your best options. I don't know of any good guides for them though (since I don't use it myself much).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Looks like a Famicom handheld