• Views 4,440,600
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I am doing the A9LH process now and before I launch the downgrade to 2.1.0 would like to know this: in the setting up browserhax/menuhax part of the guide it tells me to set the date and time to January 1 2000, 00:00 is that needed on 2.1.0 or is that just to get browserhax working?

EDIT: Also can the fact that I have some programs/games already installed on SysNAND (from cia files) break anything in the downgrade process or afterwards in 2.1.0?
You can't use Browserhax on 2.1.0. :/

TiM127

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the "3ds Setup" option do in the START menu of R4i 3DS? I have tried it several times with my 3ds and nothing happens.

Ranomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You can't use Browserhax on 2.1.0. :/
I know that but Plailect's guide in Part 1 before setting up browserhax tells you to change the date and time, I was asking if that is required just in order to install browserhax on whatever 9+ firmware or if you need to change the date to be able to boot 2.1.0 or something like that?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that but Plailect's guide in Part 1 before setting up browserhax tells you to change the date and time, I was asking if that is required just in order to install browserhax on whatever 9+ firmware or if you need to change the date to be able to boot 2.1.0 or something like that?
It's only for 9.0+.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What does the "3ds Setup" option do in the START menu of R4i 3DS? I have tried it several times with my 3ds and nothing happens.

NEVER, EVER USE THAT OPTION ON A DSi OR DSLITE. YOU WILL BRICK!!!
I bricked one of my best friends 'ol lite that way. Still can't forgive myself for that idiotic mistake.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

AFAIK that is only to bypass the update nag on 9.9+ browsers.

Ranomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It's only for 9.0+.
Ok, thanks, trying to avoid bricking my n3ds, lol. (and there are quite a few things I am not so sure about from that guide since I already had menuhax setup)
Do you happen to also know if there's any risk in doing the ctrtransfer to 2.1.0 with a SysNAND that already has programs/games (mostly homebrew) installed from cia?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

AFAIK that is only to bypass the update nag on 9.9+ browsers.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking also but better safe than sorry especially since I haven't been around for a while.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

I read his post, just accounting for a personal experience. I'm not clear what does this 3ds setup function even does (or did? maybe back in the 4.5 days). What i wanted to get across was that if you don't know what you're doing, don't mess with it. Period.
I mean that is certainly a recipe for a brick. (someone who doesn't know what he is doing tampering with things he shouldn't)

Last edited by Alex658,

StormEye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I am having problem installing ROM Hacked CIA on one of my 3ds. The game is Pokemon Alpha Sapphire installed with cosmetic mods. I have tried installing this modded ROM onto my "regular" 3ds SysNAND 11.1 using FBI, but was not successful as it showed invalid checksum after reaching almost full installation. So I tried installing the same CIA file on my "backup" 3ds, which the only hardware difference is the size of SD card and software difference is that it has nothing significant installed (FBI and DevMenu, pretty much thats it). Initially it gave me same result on FBI but when I changed over to DevMenu for installation, it worked.

Knowing this, I retried on my "regular" 3ds again with DevMenu, but it failed again. Re-downloaded the CIA, but result is unchanged. As a just-in-case verification, I have tried installing my CIA, which is ripped straight from my physical cartridge. This has installed no problem, even in the FBI, and I assume that there is no hardware/software problem (at least on surface) for CIA installation.

I hope that someone can help me out figuring out what is causing the issue for failed ROM Hacked CIA file, and the method to solve the issue.

The only thing I have not done, from what I can think of, is system reset through 3ds settings and install everything again after formatting my sd card. However, I would like to leave this as a last measure.

Below are the details for 3ds'es
"Regular"
Model: New 3ds XL
Region: US
Hack/Mod: A9HL + Latest Luma
NAND/Firm: SysNAND 11.1
Game/Software: Many installed
SD Card Capacity: 128GB

"Backup" (mostly same with "regulr")
Model: New 3ds XL
Region: US
Hack/Mod: A9HL + Previous Luma (I think one version lower than current, 6.5.2?)
NAND/Firm: SysNAND 11.1
Game/Software: Barely anything installed
SD Card Capacity: 32GB

kite21

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone, there was an update for the 3ds recently, since I am using menuhax on my 11.33 firmware I won't update, at the same time I would like to keep my online functionality (mainly for pokemon). Last time I came here you were very helpful pointing out menuhax had a tool to bypass that online restriction (the ctr-httpwn) which worked, but just today I tried to go back online to trade some pokemon and it wouldn't let me go online, I ran the exploit a couple of times to no avail.

So my question is, has the ctr-htpwn has been patched? Or is there something wrong with my 3ds or menuhax? Thanks for your help!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, there was an update for the 3ds recently, since I am using menuhax on my 11.33 firmware I won't update, at the same time I would like to keep my online functionality (mainly for pokemon). Last time I came here you were very helpful pointing out menuhax had a tool to bypass that online restriction (the ctr-httpwn) which worked, but just today I tried to go back online to trade some pokemon and it wouldn't let me go online, I ran the exploit a couple of times to no avail.

So my question is, has the ctr-htpwn has been patched? Or is there something wrong with my 3ds or menuhax? Thanks for your help!
ctr-httpwn doesn't work with menuhax.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM, Thank you quantumcat!
Now now, how do it go about installing the sd-less version of a9lh?
I'll be surely doing my other 3ds later, maybe even my friend's as well.
Have a look at the link I sent before, there should be a link in the first post for the files required. Then, read the page in Plailect's guide about updating a9lh.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Have a look at the link I sent before, there should be a link in the first post for the files required. Then, read the page in Plailect's guide about updating a9lh.
I downloaded that it's just that the pack also has a firm0.bin and the plailect method only mentions the stage 1 and stage 2. Really don't wanna risk it before confirming whether they're needed or not

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I was using Phailect's guide and got to

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)

The point where it says to do a system upgrade. I downgraded to 2.1.0 fine.

I scroll to the right, and push the button, and it keeps coming back and saying that there's been an error and the update cannot be done. Then it goes back to homescreen.

Anyone encountered this?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey there, I was using Phailect's guide and got to

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)

The point where it says to do a system upgrade. I downgraded to 2.1.0 fine.

I scroll to the right, and push the button, and it keeps coming back and saying that there's been an error and the update cannot be done. Then it goes back to homescreen.

Anyone encountered this?

Check that you have a valid access point and your 3ds can connect to the internet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...