• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to keep the game saves from eShop-purchased games made on emuNAND if I wanted to upgrade to a higher capacity bigSD?

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh... Copy them over?

Cool! I was just under the impression it'd be a problem since I'd have to make a new emuNAND with a new SD and wasn't sure if the save was tied to the "console" or not. Your condescending response suggests this is not the case. Thanks.

theonlywolf1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Guys, I have been having problem loading my games that I just copied(previous games run just fine).. After the 3ds logo appears, "an error has occured. hold down the power button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again". Can someone help me out with this??

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Cool! I was just under the impression it'd be a problem since I'd have to make a new emuNAND with a new SD and wasn't sure if the save was tied to the "console" or not. Your condescending response suggests this is not the case. Thanks.

Actually I'm not that sure about it. Just to be sure you might want to copy the emuNAND over as well.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I'm not that sure about it. Just to be sure you might want to copy the emuNAND over as well.

Thanks for your honesty.

So can someone who is sure respond? I have a legitimately-obtained copy of Pokémon Y and want to be able to use it on emuNAND with my save intact if I were to upgrade to a bigger SD. Since it's a card2 game, I'm guessing the save is embedded into the game itself, so might be easier than I'm making it, but again, not sure so asking here :)

Edited for clarity.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks for your honesty.

So can someone who is sure respond? I have a legitimately-obtained copy of Pokémon Y and want to be able to use it on emuNAND with my save intact if I were to upgrade to a bigger SD. Since it's a card2 game, I'm guessing the save is embedded into the game itself, so might be easier than I'm making it, but again, not sure so asking here :)

Edited for clarity.

basically as im not 100% sure regarding switching SDs but i have formated my existing card before so i assume doing this will work just the same, basically go to settings then insert the new SD with the launcher.dat (this just prevents the system generating new folders on the SD if its inserted while in system settings) then from the gateway menu select format emunand, then power off the system by holding the power button

use emunand tool to extract your old emunand from the original SD and then inject it over the new emunand on the new SD card, and copy all your files onto the new SD

put the new SD in and you should be done and will keep your existing emunand

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A 16GB microsd card with my animal crossing in it died today :/ smart as i am, thinking i was imune to card deaths, i had no backup of AC. So, puff, there goes all my progress of months...

The sd card died inside gateway just after i saved state in smb3, i guess it killed the sd card's internal controller since disk manager and other partition recovery apps in windows cannot even detect the sd card plugged in the pc.

So just a heads up for card2 games, BACKUP!! BACKUP EVERY SINGLE DAY!! Too late for me but lesson learned now.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically as im not 100% sure regarding switching SDs but i have formated my existing card before so i assume doing this will work just the same, basically go to settings then insert the new SD with the launcher.dat (this just prevents the system generating new folders on the SD if its inserted while in system settings) then from the gateway menu select format emunand, then power off the system by holding the power button

use emunand tool to extract your old emunand from the original SD and then inject it over the new emunand on the new SD card, and copy all your files onto the new SD

put the new SD in and you should be done and will keep your existing emunand

Does it change anything if the game I'm interested in keeping the save intact for is an eShop version? I'd imagine downloaded eShop games are part of the emuNAND, no?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Does it change anything if the game I'm interested in keeping the save intact for is an eShop version? I'd imagine downloaded eShop games are part of the emuNAND, no?
As you downloaded them in emunand you will NEED to keep your current emunand or you loose access to your games, use emunand tool to extract it and inject it onto the.new Sd card, the tool only works if there is already a emunand partition to overwrite, if you follow the steps I posted you should be fine, just keep your old Sd untouched until it's all set up as you want

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you downloaded them in emunand you will NEED to keep your current emunand or you loose access to your games, use emunand tool to extract it and inject it onto the.new Sd card, the tool only works if there is already a emunand partition to overwrite, if you follow the steps I posted you should be fine, just keep your old Sd untouched until it's all set up as you want

Sounds good. Thanks man!

iandykins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm certain my blue card doesn't work. I'm probably going to send it back but they took a longggg time to send it. So I'm thinking of just buying an R4i as a substitute, because, from what I gathered, it's essentially the same thing. However, looking around, I see there's like four versions of R4i... Which one would work?

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, my 3DS is still on firmware 4.3 since I refused to update it due to flash cards. I'm kind of behind on the whole Gateway and flash card situation (I stopped following right around when the R4i gold 3DS card was coming out).

My question is, is a 4.5 or under 3DS firmware still required for the flash cards? I'm asking because:

1) I'm thinking about upgrading my firmware. It would be nice if I could finally play some games from the eshop on it (such as shovel knight and super mario bros 3).
2) I kind of want to factory restart my system. I got it used and it still has traces of the previous owner's stuff on it, such as parental controls of which I don't know the 4 pin password of.

Thanks!

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I update from GW OMEGA 2.1 to GW OMEGA 2.2 will my saves still work?
Yes
So I'm certain my blue card doesn't work. I'm probably going to send it back but they took a longggg time to send it. So I'm thinking of just buying an R4i as a substitute, because, from what I gathered, it's essentially the same thing. However, looking around, I see there's like four versions of R4i... Which one would work?
Any. As long as the 3ds can actually load it on 4.5. Ask the seller or something.
Hey guys, my 3DS is still on firmware 4.3 since I refused to update it due to flash cards. I'm kind of behind on the whole Gateway and flash card situation (I stopped following right around when the R4i gold 3DS card was coming out).

My question is, is a 4.5 or under 3DS firmware still required for the flash cards? I'm asking because:

1) I'm thinking about upgrading my firmware. It would be nice if I could finally play some games from the eshop on it (such as shovel knight and super mario bros 3).
2) I kind of want to factory restart my system. I got it used and it still has traces of the previous owner's stuff on it, such as parental controls of which I don't know the 4 pin password of.

Thanks!
Yes, 4.5 or below is still required for all flashcards at this point. Gateway is supposedly going to release support for emunand 8.x soon. So don't update yet. Also, I don't think factory reset actually gets rid of the parental lock. Try this instead:
http://www.homebrew-connection.org/3ds-parental-tool-remove-the-parental-restricition-easily/

Reactions: MattKimura

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
So I don't know much about how the Gateway works, but I'm considering getting another 3DS dedicated to Gateway. I've seen a couple of firmware 2.2.0-0, will these work with Gateway? If I download a ROM for a 4.5 game, will this help with anything? You can probably tell I don't know how any of the Gateway stuff works, heh...

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So I don't know much about how the Gateway works, but I'm considering getting another 3DS dedicated to Gateway. I've seen a couple of firmware 2.2.0-0, will these work with Gateway? If I download a ROM for a 4.5 game, will this help with anything? You can probably tell I don't know how any of the Gateway stuff works, heh...

You need a 4.5 gamecard to update it to the right version first.

Nikarika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
my Gateway 3DS cards just arrived in the mail, but the red card seems to be missing some plastic casing. I don't know if there is supposed to be casing on the back, where the micro-SD card goes, or if I'm just supposed to cover it up with the Gateway sticker that came with it. Can someone tell me if there is anything wrong with the Gateway cards shown in the pictures? I didn't want to try putting the stickers on right away, in case I need to ship them back in the state I received them in.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3419.JPG
    IMG_3419.JPG
    846.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_3420.JPG
    IMG_3420.JPG
    593.6 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_3421.JPG
    IMG_3421.JPG
    687.2 KB · Views: 165

sgtkwol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
my Gateway 3DS cards just arrived in the mail, but the red card seems to be missing some plastic casing. I don't know if there is supposed to be casing on the back, where the micro-SD card goes, or if I'm just supposed to cover it up with the Gateway sticker that came with it. Can someone tell me if there is anything wrong with the Gateway cards shown in the pictures? I didn't want to try putting the stickers on right away, in case I need to ship them back in the state I received them in.
Thanks

Seems like it would work fine. It really shouldn't hurt anything to just plug it into the 3DS. Maybe a piece of paper over the opening, if you are worried something may happen, but I honestly would just plug it in.

Nikarika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I put the red stickers on the front and back of the card before putting it in my 3DS? Can I just stick in the red Gateway card into my 3DS (to check if it works) without following any steps in the instruction guides I've seen online? Such as the step of backing up the information on the SD card in the 3DS?

I guess my question is if I just want to check whether the red card will work by putting it into the 3DS, will it mess anything up in the 3DS? Also the question about the application of the stickers onto the card.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DragonMals
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    DragonMals tempBOT: DragonMals has joined the room.