• Views 4,451,287
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The FBI file I installed when I was doing the guide was in version 2.3.1. what do I have to do to update it?I am thinking of doing the process again,am I correct?
Thanks for the 2 links you gave me (especially the one for the .cia files!they are very helpful!
Just use the update option in fbi or scan the fbi qr code from the page with homebrew or use the homebrew browser app i linked you to:mellow:

enrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
hello, i have 2 o3ds one with v. 10.6 and one 10.7 , browserhax is dead on both, i dont have any type of hack , only thing that works on both is a r4isdhc card... any way to hack the 3ds with that?

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't pay attention to the videos, many users here have only followed the guide written in text and it says how it is not 100% accurate, just keep trying. :unsure:

I don't know what else to try other than a different app or file to downgrade from. I know its not 100% but i have honestly run it no less than 50 times.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, i have 2 o3ds one with v. 10.6 and one 10.7 , browserhax is dead on both, i dont have any type of hack , only thing that works on both is a r4isdhc card... any way to hack the 3ds with that?
No you can't, iirc. You need an exploit game simce Browserhax is dead.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what else to try other than a different app or file to downgrade from. I know its not 100% but i have honestly run it no less than 50 times.
You are free to try a different version if you wish.

Ok thank you!
I am sorry for my "omg" questions :-/

Thanks again :-)
I don't understand, did i not help the first time? What am i missing here? :unsure:

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, and sorry if this is the wrong place for this kind of question.

I've been having trouble trying to build a font cia for my 3DS using FontTool. I've already converted a font into the .bcfnt format but I can't for the life of me get the FontTool.py to work it into a cia. I have the .bcfnt currently named "test.bcfnt" and I'm entering "FontTool.py -font test.bcfnt" into the cmd and it returns "Font file does not exist!". Any help with this would be great but I understand if you don't.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

I don't understand, did i not help the first time? What am i missing here? :unsure:
You didn't miss a thing,I just didn't read correctly and yes, you helped me!
I just updated the FBI,it created a new FBI in my menu so I placed the old one I had injected as a backup in a new-created folder and I will be using the 2.3.3 cia FBI now :-)
Also I just updated encTitleKeysUpdater and I installed the.cia version of JKSM because I was using it via the HBL.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't miss a thing,I just didn't read correctly and yes, you helped me!
I just updated the FBI,it created a new FBI in my menu so I placed the old one I had injected as a backup in a new-created folder and I will be using the 2.3.3 cia FBI now :-)
Also I just updated encTitleKeysUpdater and I installed the.cia version of JKSM because I was using it via the HBL.
Okay just making sure if you are okay sir. :)
Since fbi installer is injected into H&S It uses the same title id as Health and safety, So when installing a cia of fbi, it installes as a new app title id and is kinda a duplicate but updated. It is easier to have it this way as updates can simply be done with the update option on the fbi menu, if you want to update the fbi injected into the H&S you would manually need to repeat the injection process with each new update which takes longer and requires a pc each time unlike the prefer method of update.
You are also free to keep both if you wish. But only use the injected one in emergencies, for example you lose the FBI installer app on the sd card. Since the injected is stored on system nand it won't be effected by the sd card.

Hello there, and sorry if this is the wrong place for this kind of question.

I've been having trouble trying to build a font cia for my 3DS using FontTool. I've already converted a font into the .bcfnt format but I can't for the life of me get the FontTool.py to work it into a cia. I have the .bcfnt currently named "test.bcfnt" and I'm entering "FontTool.py -font test.bcfnt" into the cmd and it returns "Font file does not exist!". Any help with this would be great but I understand if you don
Are there any people with experience with this problem who can help this person since i don't know anything about what they mentioned, i don't want them upset if they see me replying to others here and wondering if i missed or ignored them. :rolleyes:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Felix954

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tried different memory card and re-downloading all files in step 2, still does not work : \
I've reached out to the creators on reddit / github to see if its a known issue.

Last edited by Felix954,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Sakuretsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, there. I'm following Plailect's guide, and am on part 2. However, I'm a little confused about the system format part. I'm not even sure what it does to the system.

Should I copy over the three sets of files before I system format or after? In addition, should I do the system format with or without the sd card inserted?

I'm using an old 3ds 9.5 Eur and I just moved to an 8gb microsd from the stock 2gb, after formatting and allocating to 32k. I also freshly installed hb, rather than transfer over my old setup. To add to this, I have no saves, games, or information on the console that I care about - all my games are on cartridge. Thank you.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, there. I'm following Plailect's guide, and am on part 2. However, I'm a little confused about the system format part. I'm not even sure what it does to the system.

Should I copy over the three sets of files before I system format or after? In addition, should I do the system format with or without the sd card inserted?

I'm using an old 3ds 9.5 Eur and I just moved to an 8gb microsd from the stock 2gb, after formatting and allocating to 32k. I also freshly installed hb, rather than transfer over my old setup. To add to this, I have no saves, games, or information on the console that I care about - all my games are on cartridge. Thank you.
Trust the guide, if it says format, then you format. But it also says make nand backups first so DO THAT FIRST.:teach:

Format is exactly what it says, it formats system memory.:P

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless I'm blind, I only see the possibility of a nand backup after the downgrade.
Yeah i know, so if you haven't gotten that far yet, why are you concerned with formats? Unless you want to format your sd card to fat 32 (If it isn't already) Then just follow the guide and do what it says and deal with problems when you get there. :)

Reactions: Sakuretsu

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I get oot3dhax to work? Im trying to get it to a N3DS version 11 by using a O3DS that is hacked. I download the payload of NEW 11.0.0.33 USA and it install it in the homebrew launcher but when I run it I get kicked out to the home menu. What did I do wrong? Is it because my game has files? Am I supposed to have the game clean?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm as noob as it gets right now when it comes to 3ds hacking just heard today you can do it without a r4 cart so I'm trying to hack my 3ds. I have the old 3ds with a very old firmware 6.2. I was googling around but is the only way for me to use rxtools and have to use the internet browser every time I start the 3ds to play roms? I wouldn't mind but I have poor internet where I live. I don't mind a non-permanent firmware but I was just hoping there was an offline option, or would my best bet be to buy a flash cart?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol