Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
News from GW (on their site)

SYSTEM UPDATE 9.0.0-20

Posted on October 7, 2014
News just reached us about System Firmware 9.0.0-20 being released, and some users have already notified us that 9.0.0-20 emunand is not booting.
We have analysed this update for a bit and we can reassure our users that we expect to have a new Launcher update ready shortly.
Our originally planned Launcher for the next release will be put on hold until we have emunand support again.

Until next time, ENJOY!
Old news mate

Reactions: OuahOuah

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Which also makes sense.
At least according to his testimony we can say Nintendo has a difficulty in providing good online gameplay
to places that are distant from Nintendo servers, which are located in USA.
Isn't it mostly p2p anyway? I'm not sure they would reroute all the traffic through their servers to then do fuck all with it. Also, I live in Europe and save for multiplayer with some specific people (one of which lived in the US) it was fine.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it mostly p2p anyway?

I doubt it. If it were, we probably would have gotten options to play only in your region, or worldwide. I still don't understand why they ditched that after Mario Kart Wii, as I had almost no lag on the regional setting.

Also, I wouldn't get creamed by the Japs that constantly play the Nintendo vidya games.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it mostly p2p anyway? I'm not sure they would reroute all the traffic through their servers to then do fuck all with it. Also, I live in Europe and save for multiplayer with some specific people (one of which lived in the US) it was fine.

That's not entirely true. Nintendo is a Japanese company FYI (they just happen to have a branch of it her in the USA), so the USA isn't the only place they have servers in. Japan obviously will have some too. ;)

The same holds true for Europe. They have a European branch of their company that also provides Nintendo services/servers.

About the only place that will have issues consistently is perhaps Australia, because the political situation down there on top of their out of whack internet infrastructure means you will always have connection issues down there. :P

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
About the only place that will have issues consistently is perhaps Australia, because the political situation down there on top of their out of whack internet infrastructure means you will always have connection issues down there. :P

You missed like three chances to say "Down under". :angry:

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So this means Gateway will start working right now on 9.xx compatibility and after they finish it they will start working on save editing?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
So this means Gateway will start working right now on 9.xx compatibility and after they finish it they will start working on save editing?

well yeah. Having a working emunand means much more for me ( and I think for many other) than having save edit. More when , iirc , they said the save editing was for retail card users..

But like they said , this is just a small incompatibility like what happened with 7.x . They won't take much time to fix it

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think i can wait 6 weeks more until Pokemon Omega Ruby is realesed, i also prefer emunand than save editing and now evenmore because there is alredy a complete save for Pokemon x/y

Reactions: Huntereb

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
*dramatic swivel chair spin*

so the cat and mouse game continues.......

btw Nintendo lost me with "purchased from the Eshop"
why can't I make my own fucking theme? why can't I choose my own wallpaper. at least the PSP and Vita can do this :glare:

anyway, looks like users who don't update are locked out of Smash Online

I actually bought the game so this gateway flip flap doesn't effect me..but I can say that anyone who had SSB on gateway can't play online as it will give you a generic error about connecting. (it really should tell you there is an update available instead of throwing a broad error) can only play offline for now.

Reactions: IronClouds

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No, they're using the 9.0 update as an excuse to take longer. They'll release it all as one update in a couple weeks to a month from now.
Yep, pretty sure they conspired with Nintendo to release 9.0 at precisely this time just so that they would have to do more work to achieve the same functionality. Seems legit.

:yay:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yep, pretty sure they conspired with Nintendo to release 9.0 at precisely this time just so that they would have to do more work to achieve the same functionality. Seems legit.

:yay:
<sarcasm>well its not like nintendo doesn't just do whatever hacking people want....like release a whole new console so smealum had an excuse to postpone ssspwn </sarcasm>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played