stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
<sarcasm>well its not like nintendo doesn't just do whatever hacking people want....like release a whole new console so smealum had an excuse to postpone ssspwn </sarcasm>

i know its just conspiracy theroies but you have to admit the announcement of the 3DS homebrew channel (which would blow the 3DS hacking scene a new fissure and a major problem for nintendo due to flashcartless piracy scares, even though smea said it can't be used for that) and the new 3DS revision was just too convenient.

BTW the "themes" are $1.99 and the themes they come with are basic colors.

and the Screenshot share is just free advertising for Nintendo to show off your paid theme and to get others to buy it. too bad it's broken by a shitty web browser based system. Why not release a standalone program???

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Multicore is not used in most emus and homebrews.

True, which makes me think, what would we be able to develop on a 3DS if using multi-core,
especially New 3DS ARM11 quad-core? I wonder what we could see, especially in terms of emulation.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i know its just conspiracy theroies but you have to admit the announcement of the 3DS homebrew channel (which would blow the 3DS hacking scene a new fissure and a major problem for nintendo due to flashcartless piracy scares, even though smea said it can't be used for that) and the new 3DS revision was just too convenient.

BTW the "themes" are $1.99 and the themes they come with are basic colors.

and the Screenshot share is just free advertising for Nintendo to show off your paid theme and to get others to buy it. too bad it's broken by a shitty web browser based system. Why not release a standalone program???
yeah except that them announcing it before release, thus causing it to be delayed would be much worse for them.....better to have the hold plugged before you release you "new" revision than postponing the inevitable but now leaving you new model vulnerable too.....especially if you could of got it plugged before the release of 2 of the most popular games coming out this year....so you could at least hold them ransom and encourage people to update

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
About the only place that will have issues consistently is perhaps Australia, because the political situation down there on top of their out of whack internet infrastructure means you will always have connection issues down there. :P

Not really. Nintendo connectivity in Brazil isn't that good either.
I guess that underdeveloped countries in general probably have problems with Nintendo internet connections.

Reactions: Lordjontan

bene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually bought the game so this gateway flip flap doesn't effect me..but I can say that anyone who had SSB on gateway can't play online as it will give you a generic error about connecting. (it really should tell you there is an update available instead of throwing a broad error) can only play offline for now.

I bought the game too but then I can't play all the other games online backed up on the card.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Yep, pretty sure they conspired with Nintendo to release 9.0 at precisely this time just so that they would have to do more work to achieve the same functionality. Seems legit.

Yup, they're gonna use it as an excuse for it taking as long as it will to release. Not even gonna dispute that.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is a cool update, although I really hope they allow custom themes soon.
Half the reason I hacked any of my systems was to install my own custom themes, especially Nintendo systems.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just had a logical thought just like Spock... try all 12 pages ;)

haha yeahhhh .. I had an even more logical idea, I'll never post news like anymore since I'm never 1st anway and I'm not about being the 1st person to share the news but more about letting people that don't want to browse 12 pages know what's going on :P

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Actual new features?
Blocking piracy, but not homebrew?
tumblr_mt4dm63miW1sb9xkyo1_500.gif

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's not entirely true. Nintendo is a Japanese company FYI (they just happen to have a branch of it her in the USA), so the USA isn't the only place they have servers in. Japan obviously will have some too. ;)

The same holds true for Europe. They have a European branch of their company that also provides Nintendo services/servers.

About the only place that will have issues consistently is perhaps Australia, because the political situation down there on top of their out of whack internet infrastructure means you will always have connection issues down there. :P
I know several people with the game and out of those, an Australian is the one with the least lag.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Actual new features?
Blocking piracy, but not homebrew?
tumblr_mt4dm63miW1sb9xkyo1_500.gif

I love how people have no idea about this. You think if they blocked piracy intentionally the problem would be fixed so soon as gateway said? They just introduced new features into the firmware that emunand wasn't ready for and that's why I t doesn't work , but it will be fixed soon. They didn't block piracy on purpose , that would mean implementing another new encryption or something like that.

Reactions: Huntereb

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry, homebrew will be blocked as soon as Nintendo figures out how SSSPwn works

And then if you want to have access to the horribly limited Homebrew available on 5.x+ consoles, you can say goodbye to future game support! There's not a single chance any form of Emunand will be available on SSSPwn.

Here's to hoping someone might actually be interested in looking for a way to access higher privileges with it. Considering what's happening here, though, I doubt it.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then if you want to have access to the horribly limited Homebrew available on 5.x+ consoles, you can say goodbye to future game support! There's not a single chance any form of Emunand will be available on SSSPwn.

Here's to hoping someone might actually be interested in looking for a way to access higher privileges with it. Considering what's happening here, though, I doubt it.

It should be the same as the "horribly" limited homebrew that Gateway will have to offer, there should just be two different versions, one compiled for Gateway, and one for SSSPwn.

Reactions: Huntereb

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
It should be the same as the "horribly" limited homebrew that Gateway will have to offer, there should just be two different versions, one compiled for Gateway, and one for SSSPwn.

You mean is offering. Man it sucks having to rely on them. I really wish Smea would do what you said and compile a version that launches using the 4.x exploit. And even better, let it use the kernel privileges we have access to. But, ya know, morals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1