Hacking 3DS New System Update 9.X.X

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
^No it's not. It has new encryptions that they have to now support, but this is a side effect - Nintendo didn't intentionally make 9.0 incompatible with EmuNAND. Gateway just have to add support.

No new actual flashcarts have been blocked, though.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You would of thought Nintendo could of introduced something like taking a picture of whatever you want for example your pet dog and then use the picture as your theme background, that would of been better but no instead they want to charge us on e-shop to buy further crappy themes, what a rip!

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You would of thought Nintendo could of introduced something like taking a picture of whatever you want for example your pet dog and then use the picture as your theme background, that would of been better but no instead they want to charge us on e-shop to buy further crappy themes, what a rip!

boohoohoo nintendo wont give me more shit for free boohoohoo but i want shit for free boohoo cause implementing functionality doesnt cost them anything so why would they even ask for money boohoo.

but what good is that homescreen screenshot thing? it doesnt work for ingame screenshots, it doesnt work in miiverse or any other 'app' like the browser or anything. so what is it supposed to be used for?

Reactions: setsuya

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Allow me to rephrase:

Nintendo's latest update with new encryptions resulted to Emunand being unable to start.
Given that emunand is unable to start, whether as a result of side-effect or not,
you won't be able to use the gateway flashcart.

Hence, until GW repairs emunand,
GW is effectively blocked.

(It's the same cat and mouse race as with DS flashcarts)

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you got to be kidding me. Just got my 3ds in the mail did the install and everything worked but black screen. Checked the boards and apparently Nin updated FW. I get that GW will fix this with an eventual update but I'm not screwed correct since I updated already? Just wait for the update and then redo the emunand? Is there anything I can use with the flash card right now or must I wait? I'm assuming is I didn't do the emunand, I would be able to still use cart? Damn.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
you got to be kidding me. Just got my 3ds in the mail did the install and everything worked but black screen. Checked the boards and apparently Nin updated FW. I get that GW will fix this with an eventual update but I'm not screwed correct since I updated already? Just wait for the update and then redo the emunand? Is there anything I can use with the flash card right now or must I wait? I'm assuming is I didn't do the emunand, I would be able to still use cart? Damn.
Just wait for the next GW update. They said it wont take long.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just reformat emunand, you can update to 8.1 using the ssb rom i will link guide in a min
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-update-emunand-using-a-rom.372410/#post-5120388

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
boohoohoo nintendo wont give me more shit for free boohoohoo but i want shit for free boohoo cause implementing functionality doesnt cost them anything so why would they even ask for money boohoo.

but what good is that homescreen screenshot thing? it doesnt work for ingame screenshots, it doesnt work in miiverse or any other 'app' like the browser or anything. so what is it supposed to be used for?

What are you on about?, you sound really silly to me, blabbering on about nothing in particular, don't know what anyone else thinks!. Anyway I was trying to explain, it would of been a good idea taking pictures with the camera app. of what you want and putting it on your home screen but instead Nintendo are forcing you into buying there own branded home screens of e-shop for variance or using 5 of there 9x customized ones instead. That was what I meant. By the way the boohoohoo's were a tad bit excessive! :wacko:

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I alr

I already said was it was for previously but i'll say it again. The reason why they added this is that so you can do free advertising for Nintendo to tease all your friends about how "cool your theme" looks to get others to buy it to make Nintendo more money.... and you can show how much of a tool you are.

too bad the "image share" is borked by a shitty web browser based system instead of an independent eShop app.

Reactions: digipokemaster

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just reformat emunand, you can update to 8.1 using the ssb rom i will link guide in a min
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-update-emunand-using-a-rom.372410/#post-5120388

This is REALLY helpful. The only question I have is in the steps, they say not to enter the settings menu before installing the update via SSB. I'm a little concerned that if I don't check the settings (to see GW XX) I might be updating my sysnand. Any concern there? Also I d/l the title update onto another 3ds which I backed up. Can I somehow use that title update backup and put it on my new 3ds xl to update the game?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
This is REALLY helpful. The only question I have is in the steps, they say not to enter the settings menu before installing the update via SSB. I'm a little concerned that if I don't check the settings (to see GW XX) I might be updating my sysnand. Any concern there? Also I d/l the title update onto another 3ds which I backed up. Can I somehow use that title update backup and put it on my new 3ds xl to update the game?
well step 2 deals with checking emunand is set up.....but tbh i'm pretty sure you can only update emunand via that method.....so its probably even safer than the normal update method

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I'm assuming then when you launch GW mode from card it automatically goes into GW FM mode? Prob so - I'll try now and let you know. thanks!

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided to ask one more question before doing this. In the instructions it says boot into emunand. Just to ensure I'm doing this right, I launch the hack and then I literally do nothing but press up (shows GW logo then boots into menu). I don't see a emunand launch button so just want to ensure that this is the correct method and I'm not missing something.

btw I do see the FW saying GWXX and when I press up, it puts me back into the menu screen where I'm able to select rom and now waiting for 8.1 update. That would indicate I'm in emunand mode?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Decided to ask one more question before doing this. In the instructions it says boot into emunand. Just to ensure I'm doing this right, I launch the hack and then I literally do nothing but press up (shows GW logo then boots into menu). I don't see a emunand launch button so just want to ensure that this is the correct method and I'm not missing something.

btw I do see the FW saying GWXX and when I press up, it puts me back into the menu screen where I'm able to select rom and now waiting for 8.1 update. That would indicate I'm in emunand mode?
yeah, if its asking you to update, that means its working. just run the update and it will update your emunand to 8.1 so you can play smash bros and other 7.x+ encrypted content

delt31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IT WORKED! Nice - so now I'm back to having everything I did before the 9.X update.

Last question - I have d/l the title update for smash onto another 3ds and extracted it off the SD card onto my computer. Anyway to install that title update to this new 3ds XL? If so, I would be able to play online since 9.X doesn't restrict you from playing Smash online right?

willdunz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it's confimed 9.0 has a new set of encryptions? It's gonna take a while for GW to crack that right?

man I just hope MH4G doesn't require 9.0 to run

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
so it's confimed 9.0 has a new set of encryptions? It's gonna take a while for GW to crack that right?

man I just hope MH4G doesn't require 9.0 to run
from what i read it just has a little security routine run at bootup.......how easy that will be for gateway to patch i have no idea, but im sure they looked before posting that they will have a fix out soon, so they are probably pretty confident it can be easily patched/bypassed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins