Hacking 3DS may spell end to Ninty's piracy woes.

wanderone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gnargle said:
gameguy95 said:
Jasper07 said:
If it turns out it's almost not hackable like the ps3, I'm probably not gonna buy it...
same here
What, because you can't be a pirate? Way to be a douche.

Well, at least they're honest!
laugh.gif
And they weren't going to contribute to the software sales anyway (Which is where most of everyone's profits come from.), so I'm sure the soft-devs and Nindy aren't crying. They (the devs. & Nindy) may miss the peripheral interest and word-of-mouth them having a hackable system would have generated towards attracting people who *can* and *do* pay for their software though.

IMO, its a good chance to see how successful a system can be with zero piracy. But wow...EVERYBODY is gonna be itching to crack it ASAP for the rep, esp. with the success of the DS. If the AP works for the 1st year, then it won't be for lack of anyone trying to crack it, its because its damn good.

If it is cracked, I wouldn't mind if it was a year or two into its life to give the system and software a chance to sell and the games to get better.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really I think the best solution would be to take the xbox live approach where they can detect if you are using mods or hacks and ban your system from accessing their servers. It wouldn't fully stop the piracy but it would discourage it and at the very least keep the cheaters off of online matches. Really, Microsoft has this figured out, you can't stop the piracy but you can make it more convenient and preferable to not pirate, and that will be more effective than any AP measures.

edit: case in point, I have bought pokemon hg for the pokewalker, and i really want to import Jam with the Band for the online features. You just have to give people incentive to not pirate, other than 'It's morally wrong' or 'illigal' because apparently no one cares if there are no consequences.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
tsol said:
Really I think the best solution would be to take the xbox live approach where they can detect if you are using mods or hacks and ban your system from accessing their servers. It wouldn't fully stop the piracy but it would discourage it and at the very least keep the cheaters off of online matches. Really, Microsoft has this figured out, you can't stop the piracy but you can make it more convenient and preferable to not pirate, and that will be more effective than any AP measures.

i think that xbox approach may work, i guess a workaround could be to disable or not go on to wifi connection.
smile.gif

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dhjohn said:
KikiaHirigoushi said:
I'd like to point out that Dsi ware has been hacked and there are flash cards but te games and system is so retarded no one even cares about it. Like if you guys did even a little more research then just click the first link you'd find out there are flash cards. This exactly proves how unpopular it is and even if i'm wrong who relaly gives a shit about the Dsi haven't met one person who wanted it or has it but everyone has a DSlite

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
gamefreak94 said:
dhjohn said:
KikiaHirigoushi said:
I'd like to point out that Dsi ware has been hacked and there are flash cards but te games and system is so retarded no one even cares about it. Like if you guys did even a little more research then just click the first link you'd find out there are flash cards. This exactly proves how unpopular it is and even if i'm wrong who relaly gives a shit about the Dsi haven't met one person who wanted it or has it but everyone has a DSlite

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Jasper07 said:
Gnargle said:
gameguy95 said:
Jasper07 said:
If it turns out it's almost not hackable like the ps3, I'm probably not gonna buy it...
same here

hey. your a douche.
And I can't afford to buy a new console AND new games.
I think 16 is old enough to get yourself a job, my friend. Just because your mother won't buy you all the games you want...

PyroSpark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Jasper07 said:
Gnargle said:
gameguy95 said:
Jasper07 said:
same here

hey. your a douche.
I think 16 is old enough to get yourself a job, my friend. Just because your mother won't buy you all the games you want...

That's pointless to say, because you have no idea what his situation is. :/

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
gamefreak94 said:
dhjohn said:
KikiaHirigoushi said:

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
I give it at least 2 years till it get cracked, if it ever will :X
I won't bother to buy 3ds till it will, my dsi is enough for now.
I think cause there's a prosperous piracy community the ds/dsi systems sold so well, the 3ds won't do so well till it will be cracked.
And you can't blame only the piracy for losing money, with 4k shovelware on the list it can't be helped. most games are not worth even to download! there is not a console that has so many junk games as Nintendo DS

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shinintendo said:
And you can't blame only the piracy for losing money, with 4k shovelware on the list it can't be helped. most games are not worth even to download! there is not a console that has so many junk games as Nintendo DS
Agreed...but I'll still buy a 3DS on the release date
yaynds.gif

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jasper07 said:
Gnargle said:
gameguy95 said:
Jasper07 said:
same here

hey. your a douche.
So he is a douche for telling you to do the right thing? That makes completely no sense. Does that mean that you have no real games and every console you have, you pirated all your games? If your not going to buy it b/c it can't be hacked is just plain out stupidity! If its such a big deal that you will only buy it when the 3ds is hacked, then why don't you just hack it yourself. Consoles are not made to be hacked, they are made to be enjoyed by gamers.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Douche is such a fun word to say.

Douche

Douche

Douche

..... what were we talking about?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
PikaPerson01 said:
gamefreak94 said:
Consoles are not made to be hacked, they are made to be enjoyed by gamers.
... What if he gets maximum enjoyment by having a hacked one?
Hmm, what if that was true? Too bad it's not. All most hackers enjoy about hacking a console is the FREE GAMES!!

And what if I get maximum enjoyment out of my watermelons by smashing people in the head with them? Does that mean watermelons were meant as projectile weapons?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran