Hacking 3DS may spell end to Ninty's piracy woes.

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
David600Villa said:
Nothing is impossible, it just takes time
tongue.gif

Gonna go with this.

And you also have a pretty nice DS hacking community moving from one console to another. You'll have plenty of people trying to crack it. Or just make flashcarts. Who knows.

I'm pretty sure it's just another bluff, this generation they made two of the easiest consoles to pirate on. I don't think they'll end up like Sony's fortress of a PS3 next gen.

Ya mean 3 consoles: DS, Wii, DSi

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Hmm, what if that was true? Too bad it's not. All most hackers enjoy about hacking a console is the FREE GAMES!!
Actually my favorite part of my PSP being hacked is portable youtube, cave story, extra video file support, a semi-decent web browser (for a pocket device), and emulation of older systems.

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
Midna said:
Hmm, what if that was true? Too bad it's not. All most hackers enjoy about hacking a console is the FREE GAMES!!
Actually my favorite part of my PSP being hacked is portable youtube, cave story, extra video file support, a semi-decent web browser (for a pocket device), and emulation of older systems.

AND free games......lmfao.

I also like flashcarts and CFW for emulation and awesome homebrew; it really opens up the console.

But I also enjoy the free games.

On a side note, I'd love for Ninty to make their own flashcart of sorts, allowing one to get free homebrew and purchase games online. I think it may make the games far cheaper, because it would eliminate the cost of shipping, packaging, production (carts), and in-store mark up. With all that accounted for I'd imagine the games to be at least 25% cheaper, if not more.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
miketh2005 said:
tsol said:
Douche is such a fun word to say.

Douche

Douche

Douche

..... what were we talking about?

Your a douche for spamming this thread with your douchiness!

I'm a douche for mocking douches! That means you're a douche too! It's a never ending cycle of douchiness!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If somebody released a CFW for 6.x that enabled homebrew but stopped loading of ISOs and CSOs, I'd consider upgrading if there were some really useful features (like 6.4+) because the majority of stuff on my PSP is homebrew and non-PSP games...

Though, do PSX games that aren't available through the PSN count, or do those side with emulation since they're not being mass-produced and such?

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soon there will be an R4 3DS!
compatible with all 3DS games!
amazing realtime affect!
"what sets R4 3DS apart from other R4 clones is that ours is a clone".

liquidnumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
In a matter of time, anything can be hacked. Just wait. I'll buy regardless of hack status.

There's a good chance that the first revision of hardware will be the most exploitable anyway.

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gamefreak94 said:
Jasper07 said:
Gnargle said:
gameguy95 said:
Jasper07 said:
If it turns out it's almost not hackable like the ps3, I'm probably not gonna buy it...
same here
What, because you can't be a pirate? Way to be a douche.

hey. your a douche.
And I can't afford to buy a new console AND new games.
So he is a douche for telling you to do the right thing? That makes completely no sense. Does that mean that you have no real games and every console you have, you pirated all your games? If your not going to buy it b/c it can't be hacked is just plain out stupidity! If its such a big deal that you will only buy it when the 3ds is hacked, then why don't you just hack it yourself. Consoles are not made to be hacked, they are made to be enjoyed by gamers.

Yea. Well I have a PS3 and alot of real games that are actually worth the money. But for a DS, I'm not willing to pay €40 for a crappy game that I just can pirate for nothing. And if I could hack the 3DS, I would, believe me. And ofcourse they are not meant to be hacked. But It's just way easier and faster than actually buying it. And yes, I am lazy. And you are easily offended by something I said which really didn't have a meaning.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
This post has been removed by a moderator.
Reason: douche

lmao

Anyway this is all baseless speculation, but I guess versions of this thread will keep coming up until the 3DS comes out..

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Midna said:
Jasper07 said:
Gnargle said:
gameguy95 said:
Jasper07 said:
If it turns out it's almost not hackable like the ps3, I'm probably not gonna buy it...
same here
What, because you can't be a pirate? Way to be a douche.

hey. your a douche.
And I can't afford to buy a new console AND new games.
I think 16 is old enough to get yourself a job, my friend. Just because your mother won't buy you all the games you want...

Funny that you mention this, because I'm starting 16 august
biggrin.gif

And believe me, my mother will never buy a game for me. Never.
"ben je helemaal gek? het geld groeit me niet op de rug!"

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jasper07 said:
"ben je helemaal gek? het geld groeit me niet op de rug!"
Lol. Us silly dutch people with our silly sayings.

Anyway, I will definatly buy it.

If it's not hackable, I'm happy I will finally be able to enjoy games again (FU PIRATE SYNDROME).
And if it is hacked, I am so gonna do 3D homebrew.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well if it's not hacked that's OK by me (like wabsta, I also happen to enjoy more games when I have to save money to get them, gets me a sense of satisfaction when I play) but if itm is so then I hope games aren't region locked, because then since I live in America I'll be stuck playing English Pokemon. I've always downloaded/imported Pokemon from Spain so I can play it on Spanish, so it'd be a pain if I couldn't either import it or download it from there.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The DS and Wii are based on cheap copyright measures, they decided to go cheap with the whole architecture (still sold very expensive in my opinion) so the whole mod-chip/r4-cards/softmod stuff happened...they try from time to time to fix one hole, but another one pops up.
If this time they care more, use a good architecture (which can't be emulated or rebuild easily), it will not be cracked, or lets say, not very soon or an easy and inexpensive way (like our flash-cards).
If the next Wii and the 3DS will be more Internet-based, probably we will have one day even such a Situation like with the Xbox360, even the best Stealth Firmware can be check by micro$oft(after hidden updates or new check routines).. so this ban-waves occur from time to time.

time will tell

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've turned more features on in OPNsense lately and it's getting kind of high on RAM usage, I see. Probably bump that up to 4GB soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanna make a 8core router with support for 20gbps doesn't even sound that silly lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I only have 1 gig internet but internally I have 10 gig connectivity for everything on my lan lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    fiber connection from my desktop PC back to my core network switch
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    2 port HPE SFP+ PCIE NIC in my desktop and all of my servers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    silly shit
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eventually this desktop is going to act as a server too, just for the hell of it. Because this PC is WAY fucking overkill for how little I use it.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And once I do that, my desktop OS that I interact with is just going to be a virtual machine and use GPU passthrough to connect everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send it to me ffs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No because it's my desktop lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The most use this PC is getting right now is 979 Chrome tabs open right now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is my desktop there are many like it but it is mine alone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Enabled PPPoE on router now no wifi connection lul
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone knows