3DS Makes Nintendo World Users Dizzy, Fatigued

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iggloovortex said:
i feel that the 3d effects bother us so much because plainly, we just arent use to it.

i mean who wants to bet that near to the same thing happened when video games first came out.

people complaining about eye fatigue and what not.

I say give it sometime, see how much it hurts then.

Nope people did not complain about stupid crap back then.

Dizziness and fatigue, are those also side effects of beer? I did not want a 3ds until now. I wonder what would happen if you got drunk and played the 3DS, would a person just pass-out? Sounds to like the world has a new drinking game.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Goli said:
I assume all those idiotssilly people who call others weaklings have had extensive playtests with the 3DS?
This. How you guys can insult people for complaining about dizziness without having tried the system your self is beyond me.

rook2King

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:
I WILL feel dizzy if the price is over 300. I bet many tempers will feel like that too
smile.gif
Precisely
lecture.gif

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oveneise said:
I get headaches and such when I go to the movies in 3D, so hopefully the 3D mode isn't too eye-taxing (is that a good way to put it)?
some people are just awesome (like myself haha im kidding) in that they don't get headaches from stuff like that. I have seen a few movies in the new digital 3D and they don't bother me, I don't get any headaches from them, so I probably won't get headaches from this 3D effect. (ironically, i get carsick when i play it in the car for too long, thus the warning to take 15-minute breaks every hour.) Anybody else out there who can handle the 3D without headaches, kudos to you!

potato3334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sniff*
you guys are so awesome!
I thought with this kind of news everyone would go against the 3DS
but instead you guys support nintendo whole heartedly!
This world needs more people like you guys xD

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's what happens with me.

I play the 3DS for a while and everything is fine. Only after about an hour or so, my eyes start to tweak out and I can no longer see the 3D effect and I'm forced to turn the 3D slider all the way down.

Five years from now the 3DS will be known more for its games than for its 3D effects.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I'm so tired of people making up stupid accusations about a news system, its always like this with any system. My head hurts (Take some aspirin!) My Dick hurts (Quick beating off!) I had a Seizure, (Then you shouldn't be playing Video games, find a new hobby!) I mean come on people, there's no reason for it, if you know you have problems that relate to Video Games stay away from them or do what the Warning says when you turn on the game, take breaks, Sheesh!

I'm just saying and making a point!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Centrix said:
You know, I'm so tired of people making up stupid accusations about a news system, its always like this with any system. My head hurts (Take some aspirin!) My Dick hurts (Quick beating off!) I had a Seizure, (Then you shouldn't be playing Video games, find a new hobby!) I mean come on people, there's no reason for it, if you know you have problems that relate to Video Games stay away from them or do what the Warning says when you turn on the game, take breaks, Sheesh!

I'm just saying and making a point!

There's a difference between one person having a problem and a bunch of people having the same problem. And odds are the people who tried it were pretty regular gamers, like you and me. It's not one guy getting dizzy or one guy feeling fatigued, it's a bunch of people. The article says that from the news source, a "majority" of people felt dizziness and fatigue.

QUOTE(potato3334 @ Jan 19 2011, 12:49 AM) *sniff*
you guys are so awesome!
I thought with this kind of news everyone would go against the 3DS
but instead you guys support nintendo whole heartedly!
This world needs more people like you guys xD

Yes, because the world needs more ignorance.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Veho said:
Maybe it just takes a little getting used to.

I remember the first FPS I ever played making me so sick, I couldn't move for an hour for fear of projectile vomiting. Curse you, Wolfenstein 3D!
mad.gif

But then I got used to it
nyanya.gif
Yeah, that's what this reminds me of too. The first time I played Portal I got dizzy 30 mins in, had to turn it off and go to sleep. But I never had the problem again and was fine after that.

I'd like to wait and see if people are still experiencing problems after owning the console for a few days/week. Perhaps it goes away after a while, or perhaps there's a certain percentage of the population who are permenantly affected and will be unable to use the console, who knows, it's far too early for us to tell. I've got to be honest; I couldn't see a console getting this far through the development process if it caused these kinds of problems to all of its' testers on a long-term basis.

zRussian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was probably a bunch of kids who tried the 3DS at Nintendo World and the reason why they got dizzy is because their eyes are still underdeveloped
so that's my opinion on this
btw i made an account on this website just to reply to this thread, i used to lurk for about 2-3 years and i finally have a reason to make an account
yaynds.gif

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I like nintendo so much , but I agree , the 3D cause dizzy..
Prove of that is the game Gonden Sun : Dark Dawn. In battles my eyes being dizzy =/

SmokeFox

Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Pablo3DS said:
Prove of that is the game Gonden Sun : Dark Dawn. In battles my eyes being dizzy =/
But in Golden Sun the case is that sometimes it speeds up in the battle, so thats why you get dizzy.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pablo3DS said:

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn isn't in 3D. I don't really know how it could make you dizzy either, I've played it and never felt dizzy. Nostalgia can probably cause a lot more dizziness. The camera on that game is "WOAH GOING EVERYWHERE".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You allrriiiight?