3DS Makes Nintendo World Users Dizzy, Fatigued

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
If they think a few minutes with a 3DS is taxing on the eyes they should go on one of my great gaming marathons. Like when I tried to clear the entire Ace Attourney saga non-stop. And fell asleep about half way through Trials and Tribulations. Or my rather ill-advised attempt at 'one-shotting' (clearing in one sitting a la Modern Warfare 2) Star Ocean Last Hope. Yeah, 'cause that was SUCH a good idea on paper...

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Blaze163 said:
To be fair the whole 'wiimotes breaking tvs' thing wasn't paranoia as such, it was the result of an endless supply of brainless fucktards who were too stupid to grasp the concept of the wrist strap Nintendo thoughtfully provided.
actually the wrist straps broke cos they were cheap at 1st
tongue.gif

Doesn't explain why people were not holding onto the wiimotes when swinging them around. When you play baseball, do you let go of the bat as you are swinging, or after you swung? There's a big difference.

With the 3DS supposed "dizziness" effect, were they all focused on the games and not looking around every couple of seconds? Constantly moving? Not focused into the "sweet spot"? It's not uncommon for people to change their routine and mess up their internal systems before a big event happens. Maybe they didn't get enough sleep the night before. If this is such a problem, then why wasn't this reported back during last year's E3?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
really, i got a 3d camera for christmas, the screen has the same technology as the 3ds, and DO i get a headache after about 10 minutes of looking at the videos and pictures in 3d, i haven't used it THAT much, maybe i would get used to it, i guess, but anyway, it is so totally worth it
smile.gif

http://fujifilm.co.uk/consumer/digital/dig...pix-real-3d-w3-

-edit. and i DO NOT have bad vision, normally get headaches.. etc etc, but i am sure we will get used to it, i can imagine my eyes bleeding and i will still be playing ocarina of time in 3d
wink.gif

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cwstjdenobs said:
Waflix said:
QUOTE said:
It is also being used for the navigation system in the 2010-model Range Rover.

It's not used for 3d in the range rover, it's used so the passenger can say watch a movie or mess around with the hifi, while the driver sees the GPS or front or rear cameras. Still very cool.

D'oh!

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...That's what the 3D slider is for. To adjust the 3D effect to match your eyes (or completely turn it off, but who wants to do that?)

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
No no and no. People should look at this as a warning, don't buy the $300 handheld device then complain to Nintendo 'MI IZ HURZ!11!!!1'. Personally, they are going to laugh at your stupidity and claim you have been warned. So this is a fair warning to all those hardcore gamers out there.

'YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!'

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Weekly tabloid Friday claims that a majority of users reported signs of dizziness and/or eye fatigue and people were quick to turn off the 3D features.

Even the writer of the story claimed to have experienced symptoms after a bash on the 3DS. "After playing for 10 minutes, I started feeling a little dizzy", he said. "It was like being seasick".

Another user said after a minute's play: "I can't bear it" and stated that his eyes felt "tired".

We're not pouring scorn on the Friday story, but we haven't heard many other reports of the 3DS causing sickness or dizziness, so we'll reserve judgement for now.
Source

Switch those and you'll see how I misread that.
rofl.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i think this whole DS makes you feel dizzy is going to far

not to mention, some say its even good for the eyes; a thread some while back

ok WTF is going on now ?

D

Deleted User

Fishaman P said:
QUOTE said:
Weekly tabloid Friday claims that a majority of users reported signs of dizziness and/or eye fatigue and people were quick to turn off the 3D features.

Even the writer of the story claimed to have experienced symptoms after a bash on the 3DS. "After playing for 10 minutes, I started feeling a little dizzy", he said. "It was like being seasick".

Another user said after a minute's play: "I can't bear it" and stated that his eyes felt "tired".

We're not pouring scorn on the Friday story, but we haven't heard many other reports of the 3DS causing sickness or dizziness, so we'll reserve judgement for now.
Source

Switch those and you'll see how I misread that.
rofl.gif
lol, you were scouring p...oh... ok then..

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, we already have to put up with plenty of silly warnings on starting up a late era Nintendo published GBA games, any DS game, or any Wii game. At this rate on the 3DS we're going to have to spend 2 hours reading various warnings, just so the weaklings can't sue them.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come whenever a bad report about Nintendo comes in, people can't accept the fact that it may be real and instead find someone to blame. Yet whenever there's a good or bad report on any other company people will just bitch and moan about how bad that company is.

Awesome.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
How come whenever a bad report about Nintendo comes in, people can't accept the fact that it may be real and instead find someone to blame. Yet whenever there's a good or bad report on any other company people will just bitch and moan about how bad that company is.

Awesome.

It's the same the other way around for other people, such as if you replaced Nintendo with Sony or Microsoft.

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
thts y wen i get it im only gonna play wit 2D on. mayb 3d for 3ds is bad who knows.. just w8 nd c wen u get ur hands on it. cuz the warnings are shit to most ppl. mayb some1 will play 3d longer than 1 hour. either their eyes'll fuck up or their gaming experience will fuck up (in a good way).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You allrriiiight?