Hacking 3DS ****ing bricked, never even use clones.

liquidsolidyetboth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its taboo to ask for this but anyone know where to find 2.0b1 nowadays. I've searched on google and all the links just take me to the gateway site which no longer has the links to it. Please dont post the link but rather if you could email it to me at [email protected] I would appreciate it. Link or rar attached

go to gateway's website, find the link for the latest firmware, change the version number to the one you want 2.0b1

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Who warned you all? Now you can see the result, if such a company puts such code in their firmware. Well, SD card corruption seems to do nothing, but "memory corruption" can happen. Keep in mind a exploit is used here, which makes the system unstable.

My 2 cents.

crazyace2011

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to get from memory (user since version 1.0 here):
1.1 - Region free patch for use with ROM, firmware version spoofing so the ROM doesn't asks to update the 3DS system menu.
1.2 - Diagnostic test mode while pressing L (or it was R button) when launching gateway mode added.
2.0b1 - Support for games that uses firmware 5.0X or higher added, emunand compatible with 6.XX system menu version.
2.0b2 - emumand supporting system menu 7.XX, some bugfixes regarding save routines, bugfixes regarding the launching routines that prepares the gateway menu, gateway mode, classic mode (correcting the black screen, striped screen cases while launching gateway).
Also it seems that the "bricking code" was added on 2.0b2.

thank you. helps me chose which one to go with until things get lined out and I hope it does.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
thank you. helps me chose which one to go with until things get lined out and I hope it does.

If you are going to play only with older roms I recommend version 1.2, but if you want to play with 5.XX games you are going to need 2.0b1, however it may corrupt your saves or have trouble booting the gateway mode.
2.0b2 would be perfect if the bricking routines are actually removed from the code, didn't had any save or operational problems with it.

wulfei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If some peolple REALLY found the bricking code in the launcher, why can't they just remove this code and release a patched launcher??
They did.
As far as I know there is a fixed region patch.
BUT...

Who says Gateway just put bricking code in one place?
For me this would be too much risky. At least now I have the sanity check of the sd card.
Sure as hell I'm not getting rid of that.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
They did.
As far as I know there is a fixed region patch.
BUT...

Who says Gateway just put bricking code in one place?
For me this would be too much risky. At least now I have the sanity check of the sd card.
Sure as hell I'm not getting rid of that.

But even if GW put bricking code somewhere else in the firmware, the launcher is just a 1,8 MB file.
I don't have the required knowledge but is it difficult to find if there is bricking code in the entire launcher?

Green Cat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But even if GW put bricking code in more places, the launcher is just a 1,8 MB file.
I don't have the required knowledge but is it difficult to find if there is bricking code in the entire launcher?

1.8MB of code is a lot. You can test yourself how much text you need to put in a .txt to reach 1.8mb...

Bneundh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ummm.. should I not turn off my system? I was just playing but I only put my system to sleep. How can I safely remove and turn off my device before it bricks my system? So scary man.

Bneundh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Okay. Thankfully mine's not bricked yet. I've safely removed the sd card and when I turn it on, everything's fine.. Guess I'll stop playing until everything's fine.

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Because, we don't support pirate firmwares. And yeah, there is possible more bricking code. Going through all the code is a pain.

profi200

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you run the ROP on a system with code execution you can simply grab the decrypted code from memory.

Oh, and not to forget. They use a CPU emulator since beta 1 to obfuscate their code.

MrOldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If some peolple REALLY found the bricking code in the launcher, why can't they just remove this code and release a patched launcher??

Because the entire code would need to be checked thoroughly, maybe there's more than just the one found so far. Since most people on here are not programmers I doubt they'd trust many modified launchers now. Hell, some people have even suggested that 2.0b1 might have brick code in it. I certainly will take some convincing to use 2.0 or any modified launchers in the future. Maybe if I knew what I was a programmer and could check myself, but most people have to trust others with the knowledge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Psi likes Cream Pie I hear