Hacking 3DS ****ing bricked, never even use clones.

krzz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So well. I can confirm that the Gateway brick is legit. It just happened to a french friend using a 4.5 3DS with the lastest firmware.

Not using it anymore until it is fixed.

apollooo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the OP is payed by a chinese gangster to make a false brick report. It's just ridiculous. Also they still haven't denied that they have included brick code in their launcher firmware, in fact, it seems they are sticking to it and tell people to deal with it. The fact that they claim they can see if a 3DS brick occured by gateway software (assuming they really can, perhaps some hackers can confirm it), further proves the existence of brick code in their software. Also the fact that they supposedly offer a replacement unit is interesting, although they wouldn't be able to make up for any lost eShop software. I wonder what shipping address they would provide.

this.
i'm not even live in china -____-

i can show you my id ( censored my full name and reg number of course ) and show a photo comparison -__-

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My theory: There is a clone kill switch, and Gateway is 100% confident it can't happen with an unmodified launcher - as in to a legit GW customer. But it seemingly can due to some mystery factor X.

cabal_man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey apollooo, are you going to try and get gateway to look at your card/device and replace it? If so please let us know what commucation they give you and how you get on!

liquidsolidyetboth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My theory: There is a clone kill switch, and Gateway is 100% confident it can't happen with an unmodified launcher - as in to a legit GW customer. But it seemingly can due to some mystery factor X.

its not really a theory but there is an actual code that bricks your device check three post or earlier for the code link

temp1312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at least they offered to collect his console and replace it if it was their fault.

Hard to understand how could they just judge people so rashly? do they have evidences for that??
Every one could be "clones employee" or a liar, maybe we should build a wiki and upload our card photos as evidences in case our GW cards bricked our consoles in the future...

I was really looking forward to the new 2.0 final release, but after seeing all of these childish behaviors acted by GW, I doubt if they will just say "Screw you all" then brick all of us...

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
If the date was used, instead of the timestamp, for an entire day, the RNG would have a bias? Nintendo has better programmers than that, surely.
Yeah, I highly doubt it's based on a Gregorian calendar date. Sometimes when technically-minded people refer to a "date" in the context of a random number or programming in general they actually mean a timestamp. My guess is that somebody technically-minded originally said it was date-based and others are just repeating it. Nintendo probably aren't even the ones who wrote the random number generator, but it's most likely using a linear congruential algorithm anyway.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clarify, your friend has used only the unmodified 2.0b2 Gateway launcher.dat?
you people talk like if every person could take the launcher and make whatever modification they wanted. If people tells you im bricked and i used GW 2.0b2 just thrust them.

The anti-gateway troll army only exists in gw-team's head. This is a real problem and im not turning on my 3DS with gateway (YES, THE FCKING OFFICIAL AND UNMODIFIED) inside

Green Cat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, I highly doubt it's based on a Gregorian calendar date. Sometimes when technically-minded people refer to a "date" in the context of a random number or programming in general they actually mean a timestamp. My guess is that somebody technically-minded originally said it was date-based and others are just repeating it. Nintendo probably aren't even the ones who wrote the random number generator, but it's most likely using a linear congruential algorithm anyway.

Gateway can only use code already written by Nintendo (that's what ROP programming is), so if they are using a random number generator it has to be one was already there.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gateway can only use code already written by Nintendo (that's what ROP programming is), so if they are using a random number generator it has to be one was already there.
Not necessarily. From what I know the ROP chain (DS exploit) is used to load the payload (launcher.dat), which can then contain pretty much anything. Then again I could be mistaken.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you people talk like if every person could take the launcher and make whatever modification they wanted. If people tells you im bricked and i used GW 2.0b2 just thrust them.

The anti-gateway troll army only exists in gw-team's head. This is a real problem and im not turning on my 3DS with gateway (YES, THE FCKING OFFICIAL AND UNMODIFIED) inside

I'm just asking a question. It's important we get accurate information. Unverified reports help no one, but create only further confusion.

Furthermore, the blue screen with the bootrom error can be caused by something other than the emmc controller reporting size 0, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1