[RELEASE] Shinobi (3DS) Mod - Skip Opening Cutscene/Tutorial on New Game

actualkoifish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm posting to announce the release of a new mod for Shinobi for Nintendo 3DS. This patch is a result of the bounty which I put out and that was claimed earlier today by @Kartik . Props to Kartik for excellent work!

If you're like me, then you hate when games have forced tutorials. Shinobi on 3DS is a really fun action game, especially on its Very Hard mode, which is an intense ride for score attack. However, Very Hard mode only gives you 3 lives and 1 continue, and then you have to start over from the beginning. And what happens at the beginning? A forced tutorial, of course! It may sound silly, but I DESPISE having to do those. I'm already playing the hardest difficulty! Why do I need to see the tutorial for a 40th or 80th or 200th time?

So, this patch does something pretty simple. The game starts you on "level 0" so to speak, and shows some scripted cutscenes, including the dreaded tutorial. After that, it loads "level 1" and the real game starts. So, what this patch does, it make it so that the game skips Level 0 entirely, and so you never have to see the opening cutscenes and forced tutorial. The result is a much more streamlined game, and a much more enjoyable experience for me.

If you too like this game but want to skip the opening cutscenes/forced tutorial bit, then follow these steps:

1. copy this IPS file (unzipped of course) into the directory `/luma/titles/0004000000055B00` on your SD card
2. make sure to turn game patching on from the luma config screen

From there, you should be able to launch the game and use the mod without issue.

Download Link below.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/069qtfldzr7ibs1/code.zip/file

Mirror Link:
https://tinyurl.com/patch-download (links to github page)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?