Gaming 3DS Games You Only Played Once?

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem with bravely default is its battle mechanic. outside of boss battles, you'll constantly set up 4 brave attacks and autobattle, rushing through every battle at top speed
while boss battles are stupidly hard by virtue of every boss having 20 times your hp and the first time, you often get mashed cause your job/skill setup is faulty.
afterwards, its easy but still takes forever until you update norende and get op equip.
currently playing it again.

- as for myself, i wish i could say monster hunter 4, but i gave the game way too much benefit of the doubt only to give up on it in the end.
-pokemon rumble world. not even with free gems.
- plague knight mode in shovel knight.
- mirrors of fate.but i want to come back to it one day

The sad thing is that I think it's just my attention span and not entirely the game's fault. I say that because I literally get to the first two or three encounters and then just lose interest in it altogether. That isn't an exaggeration at all either. A lot of people point to it as the best RPG on the 3DS, and it has a wonderful soundtrack, but something kills my interest then and I can't finish it. Maybe the Mario RPGs have gotten me too used to the less traditional format.

I also hear that a lot of people get turned off because of the game's later section where
apparently you have to re-do 4 of the game's chapters or something. Not sure what everybody means by that, but from my understanding there's a section of the game where you have to replay a couple of sections.

I also haven't touched Plague Knight mode in Shovel Knight at all, but that's probably because I haven't beaten the game yet...Lovely platformer though. A really nice mix of Duck Tales and Mega Man.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
I quite like MH4U, I've put about 80 hours into it which for me is a lot but for Monster Hunters is apparently nothing, and I'm only HR 6 or 7..
Regarding those intro quests, I actually love them. Not the boat thing, that eats cock. But gathering herbs and what not. Unlike an MMO where such quests would just be to deliver them, in MH they're for you to use and that appeals to me. I always like the idea of starting out poor and shitty then working your way up, so running out to the field to gather those first items feels really satisfying to me ^^
I like the MH series (started out with the psp game) but I hated that they took out the free hunt system in MH4U, liked in 3 that you can walk out into the field to gather items freely without needing a quest.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Talk about your 3DS games you bought, played once and was disappointed with. I'll go first!
These 3 games I only bought due to their dirt cheap price btw.
3D Game Collection: 55-in-1
It's a generic shovelware collection as you'd expect. The only game I got any enjoyment out of was the Bejeweled clone.
Steeldiver
Boring. Veeery very boring.
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
I do enjoy my fighting games, but after about 10 minutes I just wasn't hooked and got bored.
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
I'm not really a fan of the Professor Layton series. It's not a bad game, I just really suck at puzzles.
Crush 3D
Once again it's not a bad game, I just suck at puzzles. I might come back to it and play more of it soon since I really liked the concept of the game.
Crush3d is definitely on my list of played once. Which is weird because I was a huge fan of the original on psp. I think I'll give it another go, at least for nostalgia sake.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cave Story 3D... The eShop version (not the one with 3D models n shit) is better.
Sonic Generations... Can't change the voice actor language? FUCK OFF THEN. Worst part is I can't run it well on my PC, so I'm sol.
Fire Emblem Awakening... I don't have enough time to put into the game. I want to, but something comes up and I end up forgetting to go back.
Corpse Party Blood Covered Repeated Fear... Demo... Go fuck yourself, the full version is better.
Cubic Ninja (Story Mode)... Pretty boring...
Harmoknight... I suck ass at rhythm games. Trying to get into Rhythm Heaven, but don't think I'll get around to buying a copy.
Kirby Fighters Deluxe... Already have Kirby Triple Deluxe, so it was wasting space... Pretty fun though.
Conception 2 (Demo)... Meant to pick up the full copy, but never got around to it.
IronFall... Not a fan.
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon... Not sp00ky enough, too boring.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Cave Story 3D... The eShop version (not the one with 3D models n shit) is better.
Sonic Generations... Can't change the voice actor language? FUCK OFF THEN. Worst part is I can't run it well on my PC, so I'm sol.
Fire Emblem Awakening... I don't have enough time to put into the game. I want to, but something comes up and I end up forgetting to go back.
Corpse Party Blood Covered Repeated Fear... Demo... Go fuck yourself, the full version is better.
Cubic Ninja (Story Mode)... Pretty boring...
Harmoknight... I suck ass at rhythm games. Trying to get into Rhythm Heaven, but don't think I'll get around to buying a copy.
Kirby Fighters Deluxe... Already have Kirby Triple Deluxe, so it was wasting space... Pretty fun though.
Conception 2 (Demo)... Meant to pick up the full copy, but never got around to it.
IronFall... Not a fan.
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon... Not sp00ky enough, too boring.
Conception 2 is the worst fucking game they have for the 3ds. Possibly in the realm of video games. I'm not a fan of the whole videogame manifestation of weeaboo hentai bullshit anyway. And it pisses me off that Nintendo would even consider to allow such a cancer to infect their systems, especially after we saw what happened to the vita. But the point is, it's a game about trying to fuck as many hentai school girl bitches as possible. No depth to story, gameplay or even graphics. But every review is about how imaginative and unique it is. No its not. Its just a censored version of every one of those lame ass jap dating sims. Fuck that game. Fuck that stupid ass game with all my rage.

Valkyrios

Trophies
XP
Country
I like the MH series (started out with the psp game) but I hated that they took out the free hunt system in MH4U, liked in 3 that you can walk out into the field to gather items freely without needing a quest.
There's a new content called "Expedition" in MH4U.
No Time Limit, No Cart Limt, Gather all you want. Random Monsters(Up to 5 monster) and Random Map/areas. Basically a free hunt system :)

As for the Topic, FF Explores.

Last edited by Valkyrios,

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros. .I loved all other Mario & Luigi games, but this was just boring. Collect Toads here, collect them there... The Battle System with 3 Characters was uncomfortable for me and the story was not really a story...

ImInsane

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Final Fantasy Explorer: It's like MH4U but much more suck.
Tales of the Abyss: after finish Tales of Innoncence I try this games, the battle is suck, no charismatic person in the whole history.
Luigi Mansion: Try many times but is so boooooooring.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Final Fantasy Explorer: It's like MH4U but much more suck.
Tales of the Abyss: after finish Tales of Innoncence I try this games, the battle is suck, no charismatic person in the whole history.
Luigi Mansion: Try many times but is so boooooooring.
Why does everyone find Luigis Mansion so boring?

Reactions: WeedZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: