Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

mainframe004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am running into a strange issue. I backed up my NAND, converted it to EmuNAND, and booted into GW mode. I go into settings to check the version and see GW3D 4.5.0-10U. Good. I then try and back out and it freezes and when it comes back, it is no longer in gateway mode and the setting menu shows Ver. 4.5.0-10U. It's like it reboots when I try and close the settings from within gateway mode.

This is normal. Exiting from the System Settings app is equivalent to rebooting the console without turning it off, which would cause the 3DS to boot into the physical NAND.

Can anybody explain to me what you have to do after you created a backup System Nand from your 3ds? what do you do with that SD card? Do you deleted the file that in the 3ds SD card or keep it in there?

You should put the file that is created in the SD card as a result of the system NAND backup into a safe place such as your computer. You will need this file in case you accidentally update your system NAND instead of the emuNAND.

gix222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
instaled emunand no problems, instaled youtube and it works great, but it is imposible to close app, it just showing closing apliication and never does, it trying to save something and cant on emunand partition. did a hard restart played a save from game and it also cant save 3ds sd card partition also. showing the same message.

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
Can anybody explain to me what you have to do after you created a backup System Nand from your 3ds? what do you do with that SD card? Do you deleted the file that in the 3ds SD card or keep it in there?

After you have transferred a copy of your backed up nand to a computer just pop the sd card back into the 3ds and keep following the instructions.

temp1312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if Nintendo can detect a system update from an emunand?
Any info will be appreciated.

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
aargh, i'd love to be involved in the 'beta' but i'm not as the only UK Reseller is a useless tw*t i (aim to ship within 24hrs? more like 72) Amazingly ordered a R4i gold 3ds from nds-card the same day last week and it came before the UK gateway card even went live with tracking. I should have ordered the gateway from nds-card i know but i'm stuck waiting now. Card is in Liverpool 15 min train ride away. Cant pick up though. mis

Thanks for all the testing!

uk resller is called teensy.co.uk btw

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hope gateway team realizes that fat32 doesn't support >2GB files for their drag and drop feature. Some roms are too big to be able to stored in that filesystem, so they should use ntfs or something.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I thought, the fat32 limit was 4gb
Aye, FAT32 has a upper filesize limit of 4GB. But IIRC I've read in a review once that the 3DS platform was designed to handle cartridges up to 8GB, so that still wouldn't be enough and an alternative FS would be more prudent. Unless they would be able to handle split files akin to Wii backup loaders of course.

salvatore

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GT team answer me in e-mail, they told that Pokemoon woorking and multirom will be included in next update, which should be before Christmas.
good woork GW team ;)

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I updated everything on the past sunday at the exact release of the gateway update.. and I even backed up my NAND alredy.. but every time I try to enter the emuNand it just does not work.. it always says Ver. 4.X.X in the setting app, is someone like me?

may be I'm doing something wrong.. just for the checks.. do I have to put the GW Mode button or the Classic mode button? either doesn't work, anyway..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night