3DS doesn't connect to wifi while phone is connected at the same time

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I've had this problem for a while with my 3ds and it has been quite annoying recently. Every time I want to connect my 3DS to my internet, to play online etc, I have to disable the wifi from my phone or else it simply won't connect.
Is this a known issue? If so how can I fix it? I also manually input the ip address and gateway in the 3ds internet settings because it won't get them automatically if that has anything to do with it.

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I see, but every time I put the 3ds to get the ip automatically it gives me the error 003-1101. What can I do to fix this? Or where can I get an ip address just for the 3ds if that doesn't work?
@Hayato213 (forgot to reply to you my bad)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see, but every time I put the 3ds to get the ip automatically it gives me the error 003-1101. What can I do to fix this? Or where can I get an ip address just for the 3ds if that doesn't work?
@Hayato213 (forgot to reply to you my bad)

You need a second static ip if you were using static ip. Your other option is to use dhcp.

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What device distributes wifi? Is this device under your control? Is DHCP address distribution enabled there?
Yes, the wifi is distributed by a router in my house. I'm not familiar with that setting, but I tried going into my router settings in a browser and there was no setting included to activate DHCP access distribution.

MaD_mAnIaC

In a mad world, only the mad are sane
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just configure the ds to use a static ip and set an ip in the same range thats not currently in use in your network. if your router is 192.168.0.1 use 192.168.0.78 on the ds for example. if it doesn't work change the .78 to .79 and try again... just keep incrementing the last number until it works.

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I assume that NAT (Native Address Translation) mode is used?
So you have to learn how to manage your router.
At least to understand what in its settings prevents you from using a different address(es) and still have access to the Internet.
(I hope you enter the other details (on client side (in your 3ds)) correctly: subnet mask, gateway address, dns-address(es). This refers to the option of operating a network without DHCP.)
Or find a way to configure DHCP.

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I assume that NAT (Native Address Translation) mode is used?
So you have to learn how to manage your router.
At least to understand what in its settings prevents you from using a different address(es) and still have access to the Internet.
(I hope you enter the other details (on client side (in your 3ds)) correctly: subnet mask, gateway address, dns-address(es). This refers to the option of operating a network without DHCP.)
Or find a way to configure DHCP.
I was looking through the router's brand site and it says to configure the router to DHCP I have to change one of the settings to dynamic ip, could that be it? Right now that setting is in PPPoE.
Post automatically merged:

just configure the ds to use a static ip and set an ip in the same range thats not currently in use in your network. if your router is 192.168.0.1 use 192.168.0.78 on the ds for example. if it doesn't work change the .78 to .79 and try again... just keep incrementing the last number until it works.
I see, but for the rest of the settings (gateway, dns) can I just copy the ones that appear on my phone?

Last edited by Marselu,

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
No, it's completely different parts of settings.
PPPoE is for your WAN, it's how your router is connecting to your provider. Better not to touch it if it's working.
You need LAN settings.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking through the router's brand site and it says to configure the router to DHCP I have to change one of the settings to dynamic ip, could that be it? Right now that setting is in PPPoE.

I see, but for the rest of the settings (gateway, dns) can I just copy the ones that appear on my phone?

Check under internet tab, if it under PPPoE, try to put it under auto see if it pickup the ISP public IP that they gave you.

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, it's completely different parts of settings.
PPPoE is for your WAN, it's how your router is connecting to your provider. Better not to touch it if it's working.
You need LAN settings.
I FOUND THE DHCP SETTING. It was already checked tho.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230319-112724~2.png
    Screenshot_20230319-112724~2.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 17

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It is necessary to determine whether NAT is used at all.
The ip address that you enter into the phone or into 3ds looks more like:
?

Marselu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Check under internet tab, if it under PPPoE, try to put it under auto see if it pickup the ISP public IP that they gave you.
Are you saying to put the 3ds internet settings to auto? If so I already tried that, that's when it gives me the 003-1101 error.

It is necessary to determine whether NAT is used at all.
The ip address that you enter into the phone or into 3ds looks more like:
?
Looks more like the first one (192.168.0.123)

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
So it's NAT, this is good, it could be worse.

No on your router, you have the options to pick what connection type just put it on auto, you don't need PPPOE unless you have a point to point.
PPPoE is very possible. Many providers (even some pretty big ones) are still building their crazy networks on this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...