Hacking 3DS Already hacked?

C

croagunk.master

Even if the pics and the hacks are real, I bet it'll be counter-hacked really quickly by nintendo. I don't remember where I read it but I remember reading that the 3DS has some automatic update feature. It said, if you pass through an unprotected wi-fi point, the 3ds will update on its own.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
croagunk.master said:
Even if the pics and the hacks are real, I bet it'll be counter-hacked really quickly by nintendo. I don't remember where I read it but I remember reading that the 3DS has some automatic update feature. It said, if you pass through an unprotected wi-fi point, the 3ds will update on its own.
One question, if you don't mind.

What happens if it auto-downloads, then you LEAVE the wi-fi place? That would be bad.

I think it won't auto-download, but would rather inform you of a update available and would like you to update at home where you had solid internet connection (if you want to). In fact, Nintendo did mention that they wanted to bring the updates closer to users.
smile.gif

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
croagunk.master said:

What happens if it auto-downloads, then you LEAVE the wi-fi place? That would be bad.

I think it won't auto-download, but would rather inform you of a update available and would like you to update at home where you had solid internet connection (if you want to). In fact, Nintendo did mention that they wanted to bring the updates closer to users.
smile.gif
My original post got eaten.....but it said something along the lines of

How would that be a bad thing?
If you leave the wi-fi place while its downloading it will just pause the download and resume when possible.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Fear Zoa said:
chris888222 said:
croagunk.master said:

smile.gif

If you leave the wi-fi place while its downloading it will just pause the download and resume when possible.
By the way, I forgot to add one thing to what Croagunk has posted. Even by 'hacking' into an unprotected wi-fi point, users still must agree that it will be connected right!?
frown.gif

LOL. I didn't think about that. I thought if you left the place when the update is still ongoing you are going to brick the system or whatever, my bad.

C

croagunk.master

chris888222 said:
Fear Zoa said:
chris888222 said:
croagunk.master said:

smile.gif

By the way, I forgot to add one thing to what Croagunk has posted. Even by 'hacking' into an unprotected wi-fi point, users still must agree that it will be connected right!?
frown.gif

LOL. I didn't think about that. I thought if you left the place when the update is still ongoing you are going to brick the system or whatever, my bad.

What?
Anyway, I noticed you're from Singapore. Must say nintendo is HUGE there. I once went there for a vacation and I saw lots of kids playing their dses together sitting on a bench in Clarke Quay.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
croagunk.master said:
chris888222 said:
Fear Zoa said:
chris888222 said:
croagunk.master said:

smile.gif

How would that be a bad thing
frown.gif

What?
Anyway, I noticed you're from Singapore. Must say nintendo is HUGE there. I once went there for a vacation and I saw lots of kids playing their dses together sitting on a bench in Clarke Quay.
What I meant was even if there is free wi-fi or unprotected wi-fi access points, the user (of the 3ds) must still allow/disallow it to be connected to the access point?

You are pretty sharp actually. But in reality, many singaporeans only own ds lites because the dsi sold by our local agent is heavily overpriced (export sets are also overpriced by many shops). I bought my dsi xl, a r4 clone and 4gb sd card at $400+ (us$320 approximate), a local set dsi would already cost $275 (us$215) which excludes 7% GST for locals.

The 3ds in Singapore should be $350 by local agent...
frown.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I also forgot to mention that Clarke Quay is a tourist hotspot. It is highly possible that those kids were tourists, because I hardly see anyone bring their handheld around. (other than psp).

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i srsly hope it's gonna be hacked some 6-12 months after it's released. else maybe game developers are gonna shy away from the 3ds
frown.gif

C

croagunk.master

QUOTE said:
You are pretty sharp actually. But in reality, many singaporeans only own ds lites because the dsi sold by our local agent is heavily overpriced (export sets are also overpriced by many shops). I bought my dsi xl, a r4 clone and 4gb sd card at $400+ (us$320 approximate), a local set dsi would already cost $275 (us$215) which excludes 7% GST for locals.

The 3ds in Singapore should be $350 by local agent...
frown.gif

Nope, you pass through an unprotected or free wi-fi point, your 3ds is gonna automatically update. Thats how evil big N is......
Umm and the children in Clarke Quay looked like locals imo and yes they had ds lites.

@FireGrey, who's trolling?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
ecko said:
i srsly hope it's gonna be hacked some 6-12 months after it's released. else maybe game developers are gonna shy away from the 3ds
frown.gif

Did you just suggest that game developers will leave if the 3DS doesn't get hacked? Where's your logic Spock?
He is saying in a way that he doesn't want the 3DS to be hack so quickly, so that they want shy away from it, well a least that what I got from that.

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
DiscostewSM said:
ecko said:
frown.gif

Did you just suggest that game developers will leave if the 3DS doesn't get hacked? Where's your logic Spock?

I think he means that if it gets hacked too soon developers won't even start at it

EDIT:Too slow xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof