3DS 11.4 Firmware Update Available

0hnqi7q.png

Just today, Nintendo 3DS firmware 11.4.0-37 has been released. I saw no other posts on this so far, so I am posting it. Here is what I found so far has been either temporarily or permanently broken/patched.

BootNTR Selector: Working with latest version (2.7.3)

UDSploit: Patched

Soundhax: Patched (Finally Nintendo... Lmao)

Safehax: Doesn't work without UDSploit, so therefore broken.

11.4.0-37 fixes the slowdown bug for some games like OOT3D that 11.3.0-36 has introduced. Confirmed by @Feffe

Please let me know if anything else got patched. Yes, of course, if you have A9LH+Luma3DS, you can safely update.

Last edited by Deleted member 350372, , Reason: BootNTR Selector got updated hours ago for 11.4 support! :D

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, I have CFW and luma6.6 can I safely update to 11.4?
Also I've seen there's a luma 7.0 should I also update it? If so it's safer from the boot instead of the luma updater right?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have CFW and luma6.6 can I safely update to 11.4?
Also I've seen there's a luma 7.0 should I also update it? If so it's safer from the boot instead of the luma updater right?

it's safe with a9lh+luma. make a NAND backup first. 6.6 should work on 11.4. I used the latest hourly when I updated. I'm using 7.0 currently, and I've encountered no issues. I used the updater btw. don't forget to put the new build in ur ctr NAND. hope this helps.

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it's safe with a9lh+luma. make a NAND backup first. 6.6 should work on 11.4. I used the latest hourly when I updated. I'm using 7.0 currently, and I've encountered no issues. I used the updater btw. don't forget to put the new build in ur ctr NAND. hope this helps.

"don't forget to put the new build in ur ctr NAND."

what's this?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so ive got the 11.2.0-35 payload for my 2ds updated to 11.4 but i still get an error when opening homebrew? any help please?
Rename it to OLD-11.4.0-37-EUR.bin unless you're using another region system then USA/JPN. It goes in /hblauncherloader folder on root of your SD card.

"don't forget to put the new build in ur ctr NAND."

what's this?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/soundhax-11-3-0-36u-wont-load-apps-help-please.467752/#post-7258500

Last edited by pixelmasher,

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can somebody teach me how to back up my Nand? I used hourglass to do this once but don't remember anymore

Also what's this CTR NAND?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody teach me how to back up my Nand? I used hourglass to do this once but don't remember anymore

Also what's this CTR NAND?
Copy NANDmin.bin to the /files9/ folder on your SD card
Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot
Go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore"
Restore from NANDmin.bin (Your backup might have a different name.)
Press (Start) to reboot
I just told you what it is the post above. https://gbatemp.net/threads/soundhax-11-3-0-36u-wont-load-apps-help-please.467752/#post-7258500 Read it.

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Copy NANDmin.bin to the /files9/ folder on your SD card
Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot
Go to "SysNAND Backup/Restore"
Restore from NANDmin.bin (Your backup might have a different name.)
Press (Start) to reboot
I just told you what it is the post above. https://gbatemp.net/threads/soundhax-11-3-0-36u-wont-load-apps-help-please.467752/#post-7258500 Read it.
Thanks but I don't want to restore. I want to back up 11.3 before I update to 11.4. The back up I said I did was 11.2 two months ago.

"CTRNAND is the 3DS relevant portion of the NAND, system memory sort of like SSD or eMMC on a computer, for 3DS. You can copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to it to make it boot without the SD card inserted."

Ok, but why the guy up there told me to put a build into my CTRNAND?

Last edited by Pokemon Fan,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but I don't want to restore. I want to back up 11.3 before I update to 11.4. The back up I said I did was 11.2 two months ago.

"CTRNAND is the 3DS relevant portion of the NAND, system memory sort of like SSD or eMMC on a computer, for 3DS. You can copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to it to make it boot without the SD card inserted."

Ok, but why the guy up there told me to put a build into my CTRNAND?
Just replace Restore with Backup. It's the same thing.
It'll let you boot your 3DS without the SD card inside.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Never take anything for granted. No exploit will go permanently untouched until the hardware is completely abandoned. Updates from Nintendo means it's not abandoned. Though I'm hardly one to talk. Forgot to make a backup and updated. Found out after NTR Streaming broke. Now I have to cross my fingers and pray, or back up my saves and go back to my older backup. 11.2 is what I think it was. Important thing is we learn from our mistakes!

You might try this. Backup your current system menu layout, current sysnand, and sd card. Then create an emunand and restore your 11.2 backup to it. Use tinyformat to unlink your emunand and then restore your sysnand and sd backup as some games and saves may have been deleted while the nands were linked (though if you backup your ticket/title database and inject that into the 11.2 emunand before booting it, you might not have to restore anything except the system menu layout).

If the guy said his kid uses NTR to stream, then no, it is NOT safe to update to 11.4. Video streaming is broken on 11.4 and no word on if it's even possible to restore said broken feature.

It is possible, sort of. Create an emunand, do the 9.2 ctrtransfer the from 3ds.guide to it, and use sysupdater and the 11.2 pack from "that chaos site" to update the emunand to 11.2.

Last edited by nl255,

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just replace Restore with Backup. It's the same thing.
It'll let you boot your 3DS without the SD card inside.
Ok I have a few questions.

1- I thinks this boot without the SD card is a good thing. But what do I have to put in the CTR NAND? luma update? and is CTR NAND a folder? how do I put it in??

2- The Nand back ups are kept in what folder? the files9 folder? If so I only have one NANDmin.bin file with 943MB inside it. Is that 11.2 back up or the current system file? If I don't copy it to other place will it be replaced by the 11.3 back up?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok I have a few questions.

1- I thinks this boot without the SD card is a good thing. But what do I have to put in the CTR NAND? luma update? and is CTR NAND a folder? how do I put it in??

2- The Nand back ups are kept in what folder? the files9 folder? If so I only have one NANDmin.bin file with 943MB inside it. Is that 11.2 back up or the current system file? If I don't copy it to other place will it be replaced by the 11.3 back up?
1. You put arm9loaderhax.bin in your CTR-NAND using FBI. If you follow the updating a9lh section of the guide it is contained there. And it's also in the installing arm9loaderhax section but obviously don't follow all of it.
2. When you back up your NAND with Hourglass9 it will show an exclamation mark if it will overwrite the file you already have. In that case use the D-pad to change the name. You won't be able to tell what's on the current one unless you remember backing it up or you restore it to see.

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1. You put arm9loaderhax.bin in your CTR-NAND using FBI. If you follow the updating a9lh section of the guide it is contained there. And it's also in the installing arm9loaderhax section but obviously don't follow all of it.
OMG I think I'll give up on this. My head keeps getting confused.CTRNAND in noob words means inside the 3DS right? So Is it important to put arm9loaderhax.bin inside the 3ds or is it just an option in case the SD card burns? If I update luma do I have to put something in CTRNAND??? All I want to do is safely go from 11.3 to 11.4 and from luma 6.6 to 7.0.1!:(

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG I think I'll give up on this. My head keeps getting confused. Is it important to put arm9loaderhax.bin inside the 3ds or is it just an option in case the SD card burns? If I update luma do I have to put something in CTRNAND??? All I want to do is safely go from 11.3 to 11.4 and from luma 6.6 to 7.0.1! :(

luma updater will update luma to 7.01. it's a cia which u can install with fbi. if ur on the latest a9lh, u should have a copy of arm9loaderhax.bin in the ctrNAND. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin (luma 7.01) that u get with luma updater, and paste it in the ctrNAND. it will allow u to boot the system without an sd card. 6.6 should work also, so if u want to leave that in the ctrNAND, just leave it.

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
luma updater will update luma to 7.01. it's a cia which u can install with fbi. if ur on the latest a9lh, u should have a copy of arm9loaderhax.bin in the ctrNAND. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin (luma 7.01) that u get with luma updater, and paste it in the ctrNAND. it will allow u to boot the system without an sd card. 6.6 should work also, so if u want to leave that in the ctrNAND, just leave it.
OHHHHH Now I think I got it. So I do have the arm9loaderhax.bin in the ctrNAND. It was part of the process when I installed the a9lh months ago, right? So when I update, luma will give me a new file that I should just REPLACE? ok.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
correct. a9lh hasn't been updated since last year I believe, so u probably have the latest installed. u can check by trying to boot the system without an sd card.

Pokemon Fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
correct. a9lh hasn't been updated since last year I believe, so u probably have the latest installed. u can check by trying to boot the system without an sd card.
Yes I have the latest cause I installed CFW in january. But Nope, the 3ds does not boot. so I don't have it in CTR NAND.

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so ive got the 11.2.0-35 payload for my 2ds updated to 11.4 but i still get an error when opening homebrew? any help please?
The file for 11.2 can simply be renamed with 11-4-0-37U in place of the 11-2-0-35U that is originally in the file name.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think most people would have data input v3 of a9lh unless they followed the update a9lh section with v4.

the guide doesn't have sd card less already? I personally had to update. I was on a9lh v1. my old 3ds is still on that hoping that gateway fixes this issue with 11.3 which I'm also on. I forgot to make a NAND backup of 11.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto