Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Wasn't tons!!!

I'm saying if enjoying the 3D and doesn't effect you as you are playing then the negatives wouldn't be that much of a issue, if at all.

I mean the battery isn't infinite, I mean come on. Get a battery extender if it bother to that point.

And we just aren't going agree on usefulness of the 3D...

Did you even make a effort to try the 3DS yourself?

The 3D is already affecting me by hurting my battery power at the very least.

Wait wait wait, I'm supposed to spend more money to fix a gimmick? Wow, that's just fantastic. If I want my graphics to look neat I have to slap out a couple more bucks to make sure my battery doesn't croak in a short time. Great.

I think we're not agreeing because you're refusing to see the 3D for what it really is. I'm presenting what I thought were good points on it being a gimmick but you're really not addressing them.

I'm not gonna spend $250 on buying a 3DS or go to some sadsack of a Gamestop to play it. People here are often times reliable and the news I receive from reliable sources is obviously reliable. I can draw pretty solid points from those.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JasmineJewelThief said:
I personally think Nintendo is trying to sabotage the industry. First they want us to get off the couch with the Wii. Now they want us to see things in 3D. We should all boycott them because if we wanted to move and view 3D we would be out in the real world.
They're trying to be innovative (i.e. the touch screen, the motion controlled controller, 3D, and a freaking cube as a gaming system). I don't remember the last time they did something traditional.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
a freaking cube as a gaming system

What.

They made it a cube because they just wanted a fucking cube. I may as well say Sony was innovative for making the PS2 look like a rectangle.

And what's wrong with traditional gaming? I honestly would want my games played with more traditional set ups and the innovation in the gameplay than using some new type of set up with thoroughly mediocre gameplay.

IRISH OS1R1S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:

Wait wait wait, I'm supposed to spend more money to fix a gimmick? Wow, that's just fantastic. If I want my graphics to look neat I have to slap out a couple more bucks to make sure my battery doesn't croak in a short time. Great.

Thats an extremely weak arguement about the battery life, the same thing could be said for more advanced graphics in any handheld.
Afterall more advanced graphics comsume more power so if thats your arguement then nothing would advance.

The psp suffered from that problem also, great graphics at the time but also bad battery life.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility lol.

JasmineJewelThie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
JasmineJewelThief said:
I personally think Nintendo is trying to sabotage the industry. First they want us to get off the couch with the Wii. Now they want us to see things in 3D. We should all boycott them because if we wanted to move and view 3D we would be out in the real world.
They're trying to be innovative (i.e. the touch screen, the motion controlled controller, 3D, and a freaking cube as a gaming system). I don't remember the last time they did something traditional.
But come on...the wii with all the moving thats taking it a step too far...Nintendo makes great games but I hate flapping my hands like im seizing...oh and if your wondering im not obese and I like going outside.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Funny for someone who doesn't even want to leave the house.
I think we're not agreeing because you're refusing to see the 3D for what it really is. I'm presenting what I thought were good points on it being a gimmick but you're really not addressing them.
Not the only one that see how it help with the depth. You - "I never had problem with depth" It still helps. Do not say you putting words in my mouth
'cause you always say that.
I'm not gonna spend $250 on buying a 3DS or go to some sadsack of a Gamestop to play it. People here are often times reliable and the news I receive from reliable sources is obviously reliable. I can draw pretty solid points from those.
But it seem like you are only seeing the negative of the people and reviews. Trying hard at it too.

JasmineJewelThief said:
machomuu said:
QUOTE(JasmineJewelThief @ Mar 28 2011, 10:31 PM) I personally think Nintendo is trying to sabotage the industry. First they want us to get off the couch with the Wii. Now they want us to see things in 3D. We should all boycott them because if we wanted to move and view 3D we would be out in the real world.
But come on...the wii with all the moving thats taking it a step too far...Nintendo makes great games but I hate flapping my hands like im seizing...oh and if your wondering im not obese and I like going outside.
You do not think it help anyone with all that moving?

And the people who are saying gimmick aren't all using it in a negative way.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JasmineJewelThief said:
machomuu said:
JasmineJewelThief said:
It's easy to play Super Mario Galaxy and Monster Hunter sitting down, but if that's too much for you, you can always go to the VC.

JasmineJewelThie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
JasmineJewelThief said:
Did you just call a cube innovative? What function does that cube serve? How many flicks of the wrist before it is no longer innovative? They retread all the trademark games and basically make you perform CPR on the Wiimote.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
IRISH OS1R1S said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Thats an extremely weak arguement about the battery life, the same thing could be said for more advanced graphics in any handheld.
Afterall more advanced graphics comsume more power so if thats your arguement then nothing would advance.

The psp suffered from that problem also, great graphics at the time but also bad battery life.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility lol.

It just feels like as technology advances, the technology behind batteries stays leagues behind. If batteries don't catch up, we're eventually going to have handheld devices that last about 10 minutes with lowest settings. Pretty lame. The PSP also doesn't suffer from a possible 3 hours of battery life just using moderate settings. The suggestion to buy something to fix low battery life does suck though. If somebody just spent $250 on a handheld, equaling and being more than the cost of many models of present home consoles that boast far more power, they shouldn't have to go spend an extra $15, $20, or $30 just to play their system. To be fair, the PSP was pretty expensive when it came out, and battery life wasn't much compared to the DS (about half as much time generally).

Battery power overall is just a big issue with handhelds today.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JasmineJewelThief said:
machomuu said:
JasmineJewelThief said:
Did you just call a cube innovative? What function does that cube serve? How many flicks of the wrist before it is no longer innovative? They retread all the trademark games and basically make you perform CPR on the Wiimote.
I was kidding about the cube. Also, just because a bunch of games use the motion sensor doesn't not make it innovative, the system itself is innovative and they are taking advantage of it. And it's normal for a company to retread their First Party Games, especially if they do it well like Nintendo does with Zelda and Mario. If you don't like games that use the motion sensor, play something else like The Secret of Mana.

IRISH OS1R1S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
The PSP also doesn't suffer from a possible 3 hours of battery life just using moderate settings. The suggestion to buy something to fix low battery life does suck though.

The PSP DID suffer from 3 hour battery life on HIGH settings just like the 3DS and the 3DS on MODERATE settings last longer just like the PSP did. I also remember battery extenders and bigger batteries being sold for PSP too.

The point I was making is to argue that 3D hurts battery power is no different than better graphics on any handheld, they both hurt battery power. So should we just stay with DS and PSP power, I don't think so.

........and I do agree the battery life does suck but if you want a powerful system, well thats a sacrifice that has to be made. The NGP will be no different.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll be surprised if the NGP can last the same as 3DS with full power... I think it's possible, because it's bigger, so it'll probably have a better battery.

Smogen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only game I got was ssf4 and this is what i have to say about the 3d,

in normal side scrolling mode i just leave it off. its cool to have the depth but often i am moving the 3ds around a bit and you can lose focus and it can distract you while in a fight.

in dynamic (over the shoulder) mode i turn it on. it looks f*n awesome in dynamic mode and really adds to the gameplay. that being said i'm not a huge fan of dynamic mode and usually leave it off.

i think 3d games like pilot wings are really going to benefit from the 3d slider being turned up however sidescrollers like ssf4 and steel diver (the mission mode) won't really add a whole lot to the gameplay.

keep in mind i haven't played any other games but ssf4 so I might be wrong about the sidescrollers.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny for someone who doesn't even want to leave the house. : I never said that. I said that if you're gonna have a game that is rather useless on-the-go and harder to play on-the-go then you may as well play it at home.

Not the only one that see how it help with the depth. : Because people want to feel like the gimmick in a piece of $250 technology they bought is actually useful. If I spent my year's allowance on a handheld with a gimmick that ended up being, well, a gimmick, I'd start making excuses to try and justify it.

It still helps. : It doesn't help any more than say shadows and good game design. I've played a great deal of 3D platformers (from Super Mario to Crash Bandicoot to Spyro the Dragon to Jak and Daxter and so on) and I've never had an issue.

But it seem like you are only seeing the negative of the people and reviews. Trying hard at it too.: To you it seems like "negative" and "grounded" are the same things. I've seen people present views of the 3DS that aren't all that popular. Not really bashing the system, but saying it's not what it's cracked up to be. And you know what happens? They get chewed out by idiots who think the 3DS is the best thing since sliced bread.

You do not think it help anyone with all that moving?: You want to lose weight? Take a fucking walk. Get a gym membership. Go on a diet. Sitting in front of a TV, flailing your arms won't make you lose a good chunk of weight.

And the people who are saying gimmick aren't all using it in a negative way.: It has inherently negative detractors.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Not the only one that see how it help with the depth. : Because people want to feel like the gimmick in a piece of $250 technology they bought is actually useful. If I spent my year's allowance on a handheld with a gimmick that ended up being, well, a gimmick, I'd start making excuses to try and justify it.
Mind Reader Guild how can you be sure. It may actually help them, even the top players of this site says so.
It still helps. : It doesn't help any more than say shadows and good game design. I've played a great deal of 3D platformers (from Super Mario to Crash Bandicoot to Spyro the Dragon to Jak and Daxter and so on) and I've never had an issue.
Not the only one who think different.
But it seem like you are only seeing the negative of the people and reviews. Trying hard at it too.: To you it seems like "negative" and "grounded" are the same things. I've seen people present views of the 3DS that aren't all that popular. Not really bashing the system, but saying it's not what it's cracked up to be. And you know what happens? They get chewed out by idiots who think the 3DS is the best thing since sliced bread.
You mean reviewer who can't grade your precious psp right or when I reviewer obviously do not know what he is talking about?
Good reviews overtake bad reviews anyway.
But the way you act, you making it seem like the 3DS isn't good at all.
You do not think it help anyone with all that moving?: You want to lose weight? Take a fucking walk. Get a gym membership. Go on a diet. Sitting in front of a TV, flailing your arms won't make you lose a good chunk of weight.
OK maybe you right on this. Although doing this while gaming might actually be the push.
laugh.gif

And the people who are saying gimmick aren't all using it in a negative way.: It has inherently negative detractors.
I know,but some, if not most, are still not using it that way.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's great, but whether it's a pointless gimmick or not will be decided by the games. It's a gameplay enhancing feature that is supposed to just blend into the experience; judging it on it's own is kinda cool but after half an hour playing around in the menus you can't tell if it's worth it. (I tried one without games at the weekend) It'll really come into it's own when you get a 3rd person adventure on it
smile.gif
Put it this way, I'm more interested now I've seen one...

NamoNakamura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to buy a 3DS, the 3D slider would remain off. I'm stereoblind, or rather, only one of my eyes can focus at once, either left or right. Sucks to be me, yeah?

When the 3DS starts getting some good software (or a flashcart), I'll get one. Rodea the Sky Soldier looks pretty spiffy, but I'm probably going to end up getting the Wii version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's not 4th of July yet