360 on its way to being banned in US

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a company, any company, that believes it's above its customers deserves to be taken out. I find it laughable that many gamers seem to think that if sony were eliminated all of their favorite franchises would be as well. I suppose final fantasy 1 through 6 never existed based on that logic.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a company, any company, that believes it's above its customers deserves to be taken out. I find it laughable that many gamers seem to think that if sony were eliminated all of their favorite franchises would be as well. I suppose final fantasy 1 through 6 never existed based on that logic.

You do realize that like every company believes it's "above its customers" and just takes advantage of them? You think the guys at Nintendo are focused on spreading sunshine and happiness? No, they want to make money. Most every company does. Like the only company that actually gives a shit about its consumers, off the top of my head, are like Valve. Companies aren't in the business to be good guys, they're in it to make money.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
except that sony goes out of its way to do this. the fact that many of their **** ups have made their way into the news is proof of this. if it were an everyday thing, they wouldn't report it.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fanboys, by definition, are deluded in their obsessive attachment to a certain brand, company, etc. One set isn't better than any other; they are all awful.

It's like trying to argue that some cancers are good while others are bad. It's cancer; it is all bad.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
except that sony goes out of its way to do this. the fact that many of their **** ups have made their way into the news is proof of this. if it were an everyday thing, they wouldn't report it.

No company "goes out of its way to do this". It's basically every companies goal. If they can create loyal consumers who will buy their products without thinking twice then they've done what they sought to do. I'm not saying Sony is a good company in terms of the PR aspect, but almost no company is. My point is that it's unfair to say Sony is some evil tyrannical company who simply plays their consumers like a piano when pretty much all their competition does the same. Do you think their competition sits in their offices and goes "How can we give flowers and happiness to our consumers?" or "How can we make the most money?"

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think that out of the three systems, Xbox fanboys are the most deluded. Seriously, find one and try to get them to buy another system and then awe (and promptly break out laughing hysterically) when you hear the crappy illogical reason they give as to why the Xbox is the best system this generation. It's pretty funny, I doubt they'd just move to the PS3, they'd probably baw and petition first.

Also, I'd say he's pretty much right, most FPS whores gamers are like that. Nothing against FPS themselves (excluding several of them), just the fans.

You really think "Xbox fanboys" are the most deluded? Are you serious? You've been on GBAtemp for about three years and you've come to this conclusion? I'm sorry but I think Nintendo fanboys take the cake there, trying to say the Wii is the best console when it lacks absolutely everything. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my Wii, but I probably have touched it twice since

Considering the Xbox 360 doesn't have shit on the PS3 in terms of FPS games, I never got the whole "Xbox 360 = FPS" thing. I mean, exclusively, it has like... Halo. The PS3 has both Killzone and Resistance. Two Killzone games and three Resistance games compared to two wholly original Halo games (3 and Reach) and two "half-Halo" games (Halo ODST is just Halo 3 with a new single player and Halo: CE Anniversary is just Halo Reach with Halo one single player/maps). Then there's Halo 4 but who gives a shit.

I consider the Xbox 360 to be a great console this generation, and not because of library. It's the best multimedia console this generation and I'm not an absolute tard who cries when, god forbid, a console has features that aren't gaming. I can hook up tons of different services to it. I use it for Netflix, On Demand, and Youtube browsing myself. But there's so much more you can do with it. Hook it up to your Windows PC and you can stream images, video, and music. That itself is pretty fucking awesome. There's also a variety of services I personally don't use but they're available (Hulu Plus, MLB.tv, etc). Also the games are quite awesome.

Yeah, it's not perfect. Yeah, you have to pay for the online and yeah, they stick ads with you, but overall I don't feel any regret over paying for a Xbox 360, paying for Xbox Live, and I'm never quite disappointed with my experience.

Also, FPS games have been better this generation than anywhere else, true story. If you really think CoD and Battlefield make up "FPS games" then you're an absolute retard.
I never said that any of it, really. It's not because of the FPS, as when I referred to those I was referring to FPS whores specifically. Though there are a large amount of FPS gamers on the Xbox, the most gamers this generation, so it only makes sense that it would be synonymous with the system that has them, even if it doesn't deserve. I personally feel that the 360's Live basically killed the system for me, I seriously hate it. In fact, many owners (depending on their age) don't pay for Xbox Live because they have someone else doing it for them. Not to mention that most of the services are Gold only, which really turned me off. Now, it'd be one thing if there were a lot of games on the 360 that I own and personally play online a lot, but I'm the type of gamer that also looks for a good story in a game. That said, there have been instances where decided not to buy a game do to it's Live-centric nature.

As for the FPS library, yeah, I've played other FPS on the system, a bunch of others. They certainly weren't bad, but Halo was pretty much the only one I enjoyed so much that I would buy IIRC. Really, if one wants to play a good FPS they should just get a computer, that's where the majority of them are and that's really where the best ones are, barring Halo, Resistance, and Killzone (to name a few). I felt it had a OK overall exclusive library as well (when we talk retail, not digital), generally I'll get non-exclusives on the PC before I get them on the 360, and I'll consider getting them on the PS3 in that time between. It's really because of this that I use my Wii and PC the most this generation (the only reason I don't play the PS3 all too much is because I don't have many games for it); both have a solid library and free online, and really you would be able to play more games overall if you just got both than if you bought the PC and any other combination, so I'd say that the 360 is a viable option if you have a crappy PC and no Wii/PS3, otherwise I think you're missing out.

Now yes, the Xbox can act as a Multimedia device, I'll give it that. After all, that's how I play my videos and movies (though Netflix requires both gold and a subscription), though if it can't play the correct formats and I don't feel like fiddling with Windows Media Center, I'll just bring my PC over to my TV and use that.

The thing is, admittedly, I didn't use my Wii that much in the years back because, honestly, I thought it had a crap library, too. It's weaker than the other systems, and it can't watch videos, and when it does Netflix it can't play anything above 480. More on 480, it can't play any games on a resolution higher than that, so the games just look okay at best compared to the other systems. Then I hacked it. Disregarding homebrew, it gave me was what really made me change my opinion of the Wii.That gave me the ability to really try the games that I couldn't before without having to but them (since the Wii doesn't do digital demos). Off the bat, I can name at least 50 good games for the Wii, not to mention the hundreds of great VC games and the good Wiiware games. So I'd definitely be lying if I said the Wii had a weak library.

So yeah, while I don't like fanboys overall, I think that Xbox fanboys are the most deluded, though they are probably equally as deluded as Wii fanboys depending on a few things. Though I don't see why it matters, there's no such thing as a good fanboy. Ever. Of course, this matters even less because it's veering off-topic, which is completely my fault for going along with the previous comments about fanboyism. It is all based on subjectivity, after all, it's not like anyone's views are going to be drastically changed by any of this, and plus it falls under the major risk of becoming circular, given the subject matter.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, when some people, including ex-sony president Howard Stinger, say database leaks happen all the time, and u (Sony) have amounted to the fourth largest in world history. that's saying quite a bit--especially if it's so common. besides, what other company creates proprietary formats over and over again? that tells the consumer: we care a lot about our protection a lot and to show our gratitude for u as a consumer we'll pass the cost on to u. that is y the vita is already a colossal failure.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is y the vita is already a colossal failure.
...That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Granted, I only recently woke up, but that's pretty hilarious.

I'm not sure if that's an insult or in agreement. even if the ps vita were to come down in price, consumers would still have to factor in the required memory card. hell, the 3ds uses an sd card and even comes with one. does the ps vita come with a memory card? hell no. I wonder how many people bought the ps vita without a memory stick only to come home and realize they couldn't play any games without it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
besides, what other company creates proprietary formats over and over again? that tells the consumer: we care a lot about our protection a lot and to show our gratitude for u as a consumer we'll pass the cost on to u. that is y the vita is already a colossal failure.

Every company uses proprietary media. Only recently did companies start not using their own formats or use broader formats. Is your Gamecube memory card compatible with your PS2 memory card? How many other pieces of technology used NES, SNES, or N64 cartridges? How about those DS and 3DS carts? "Proprietary media" doesn't just mean SD cards and such.

Also it's funny that you think proprietary media made the Vita a "colossal failure". I mean I had to spend a whole $12 on a memory card that will most likely keep all my save data for the rest of the console's life time! My god the horror! The system is dead, someone cash in the life insurance and read the will!

EDIT: And Sony probably used expensive proprietary media for the Vita to make a better profit. You really think each Vita sold is bringing in big bucks for Sony? With the technology, oh god no. I know the system isn't selling on the loss but it's certainly not raking in dough on console sales. Memory cards and such do bring in larger profit though. And I paid about $350 for my Vita purchase, including the WiFI system model, a 4GB memory card, Uncharted: GA (about $40 used), and Dynasty Warriors Next (about $40 new). it certainly didn't kill my purchase and most of the arguments I see against not purchasing a Vita are "I'm not thrilled with the games at the moment" not "OMG I HAVE TO PAY $20 FOR A MEMORY CARD".

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You really think "Xbox fanboys" are the most deluded? Are you serious? You've been on GBAtemp for about three years and you've come to this conclusion? I'm sorry but I think Nintendo fanboys take the cake there, trying to say the Wii is the best console when it lacks absolutely everything. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my Wii, but I probably have touched it twice since

I use to think apple fanboys was mentally retarded than I come to gbatemp, and the nintendofanboys here change my mind instantly.

Thanks to ignorant comments like this.

well, when some people, including ex-sony president Howard Stinger, say database leaks happen all the time, and u (Sony) have amounted to the fourth largest in world history. that's saying quite a bit--especially if it's so common. besides, what other company creates proprietary formats over and over again? that tells the consumer: we care a lot about our protection a lot and to show our gratitude for u as a consumer we'll pass the cost on to u. that is y the vita is already a colossal failure.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Granted, I only recently woke up, but that's pretty hilarious.

I'm not sure if that's an insult or in agreement. even if the ps vita were to come down in price, consumers would still have to factor in the required memory card. hell, the 3ds uses an sd card and even comes with one. does the ps vita come with a memory card? hell no. I wonder how many people bought the ps vita without a memory stick only to come home and realize they couldn't play any games without it.
Nah, I was disagreeing. It was hilarious because of how much I disagree with it. Sure, it's not selling amazingly, but that doesn't make it a failure, nor do I see it becoming one. It boasts to much and has such a promising future that it would be a mistake to call it a failure. I'm sure E3 will definitely drive up sales, and even if it doesn't, they will continue to grow as they have been.

I use to think apple fanboys was mentally retarded than I come to gbatemp, and the nintendofanboys here change my mind instantly.

Thanks to ignorant comments like this.

Yeah, GBAtemp is slowly re-melding my opinion about that, I'd forgotten what they were like from being away from GBAtemp. Generally I meet 360 fanboys in real life, so they're really starting to balance out.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's not the same thing. that's like comparing ps3 discs to xbox 360 discs. who uses memory sticks aside from sony? I know for sure they're used with both sony cameras and the psp. what a waste of R and D. that is y sony has lost so much money. they waste their time creating formats that don't need to exist. as I said, the 3ds uses an sd card. sony's belief that another format was needed is just plain stupidity.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's not the same thing. that's like comparing ps3 discs to xbox 360 discs. who uses memory sticks aside from sony? I know for sure they're used with both sony cameras and the psp. what a waste of R and D. that is y sony has lost so much money. they waste their time creating formats that don't need to exist. as I said, the 3ds uses an sd card. sony's belief that another format was needed is just plain stupidity.
Um...aren't you the one that just compared the SD to a memory stick?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nah, I was disagreeing. It was hilarious because of how much I disagree with it. Sure, it's not selling amazingly, but that doesn't make it a failure, nor do I see it becoming one. It boasts to much and has such a promising future that it would be a mistake to call it a failure. I'm sure E3 will definitely drive up sales, and even if it doesn't, they will continue to grow as they have been.

I'm not saying the ps vita is a bad device, but rather it's a misguided one. if I want a gaming machine, I want it to be a gaming machine. sony's touting of other features is nothing aside from suggesting gaming is merely an afterthought.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying the ps vita is a bad device, but rather it's a misguided one. if I want a gaming machine, I want it to be a gaming machine. sony's touting of other features is nothing aside from suggesting gaming is merely an afterthought f.
Regardless of how good or bad you think the system is, it's not a failure. It's dependent on sales, and it's not so down-in-the-dumps that it should be considered one.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
except that sd cards and memory stick r meant to be used with multiple devices. ps2 memory cards r meant to be used with the ps2. how could that be hard to understand?

So you're saying the PS Vita is a failure because their memory card can't be used in other device?

lol :rofl2:

ps2 memory cards r meant to be used with the ps2
ps vita memory cards r meant to be used with the ps vita

how could that be hard to understand?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just saying that sony is largely the reason y the gaming industry is dying. they waste money in areas where it doesn't need to be wasted. gaming today is far different from gaming during the ps2 era. there is significantly more competition. how and where people play games has also changed. sony has failed to see this. that is the reason they r in last place. they lack innovation and creativity opting for shear power. the later course is far more expensive than the former.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though I do wonder how likely this is of happening. I mean, I hold a lot of apathy for the 360, but this is a little extreme. I think there should be some other way of dealing with it than an outright ban from their home country and what is probably their largest consumer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT