Gamevice to take Nintendo on again over its patent, in attempt to ban Switch sales in the US

HKPB2.jpg

Not sated with having already lost to Nintendo multiple times in the past, Gamevice is back at it again. This time, they've filed a yet another new patent infringement complaint against Nintendo, alleging that Gamevice's patent on attachable game controllers was infringed on by the Nintendo Switch and its Joy-Cons. Not only that, but the company has also appealed the case they lost earlier this month, when the United States Patent and Appeal Board threw out their case, deciding that a company can't patent controller devices that clip on to tablet-like hardware. According to the US International Trade Commission, the complaint was filed under the Tariff Act of 1930, which would prohibit the sale of imported products that infringe upon a pre-existing American patent, meaning if Gamevice is somehow successful in their goal, the Japanese-created Nintendo Switch wouldn't be able to be sold in America. From here, it's up to the USITC to decide if the case is worth investigating, where we might see another months-long court battle kick off once more.

Letter to Lisa R. Barton, Secretary, USITC; requesting that the Commission conduct an investigation under section 337 of the Tariff Act of 1930, as amended, regarding Certain Portable Gaming Console Systems with Attachable Handheld Controllers and Components Thereof II. The Proposed Respondents are Nintendo Co., Ltd., Japan; and Nintendo of America, Inc., Redmond, WA.

:arrow: Source

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Never give up, Gamevice.
If they succeed, they would have done god's work and teach the fucking douches that are Nintendo some healthy dose of their stupid sue medicine.

I just want Nintendo to get a good slap on the fucking face after the shit treatment they give to fans overall, fangames and romsites :^}

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
And Nintendo is like

HjHKtI5.jpg

You know what they say, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. They also say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Gamevice are hoping that if they keep whining Nintendo will throw some money their way to shut them up.

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goddamn. You think these patent trolls would learn but this kinda thing will continue regardless until patent laws are updated.

Nintendo and other big companies have the money for this but smaller companies do not and typically settle, which is pretty fucked up, if you will pardon my language. Patent laws need to be reformed or this abuse of law and the court system will continue.

Hell, there is a place in Texas that almost all patent cases are heard. They have an ice rink donated by Samsung cause they have so many cases there and that shit helps.

Last edited by MajinCubyan,

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, how many re-rolls can they get before judges just stop accepting their cases

It's ridiculous how many times they are allowed to sue over the same exact issue

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I feel like they are going to drive themselves into bankruptcy with the legal fees if they keep this up. I really hope they settles with prejudice this time because that's going to be the only way to stop future pointless lawsuits from Gamevice.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Never give up, Gamevice.
If they succeed, they would have done god's work and teach the fucking douches that are Nintendo some healthy dose of their stupid sue medicine.

I just want Nintendo to get a good slap on the fucking face after the shit treatment they give to fans overall, fangames and romsites :^}
Except Gamevice crying wolf versus Nintendo doing what they actually have a right to are two different things?

Last edited by Kioku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4