Hardware 32 gb sd card help

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this and if not, could someone link me a place for help but thing is, my 32gb sd card is all of a sudden telling me i have no space left. It had 19gbs free on it and when i was going to export my Pokemon sun save to the sd card it told me there was no space left and my computer is telling me the same thing but i didn't do anything to it. Does anyone know what to do?

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Staples (sandisk if that helps) but it just did this all of a sudden and i didn't do anything to it (Just trying to back up my save using savedatafiler)
Hm, well if you hadn't gotten it from a major retailer I would've told you it's likely a fake SD card (they can make it appear to be 32/64/128/etc GB when it's something much smaller), but you did get it from a major retailer, so that doesn't apply.

Are you able to view the files on the SD card when viewing it on your PC?

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hm, well if you hadn't gotten it from a major retailer I would've told you it's likely a fake SD card (they can make it appear to be 32/64/128/etc GB when it's something much smaller), but you did get it from a major retailer, so that doesn't apply.

Are you able to view the files on the SD card when viewing it on your PC?
Yes but it tells me that the whole sd card is full and so does the 3ds (2 blocks left) but before whatever the hell happened there was 19 gbs of free space

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but it tells me that the whole sd card is full and so does the 3ds (2 blocks left) but before whatever the hell happened there was 19 gbs of free space
So the Windows explorer shows that it's full? What I'm talking about:
upload_2016-11-19_21-51-48.png

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this answer your question?
Yes, it does. Download WinDirStat from here: https://www.fosshub.com/WinDirStat.html/windirstat1_1_2_setup.exe (if you want, you can navigate through their site manually to get to that page if you don't trust that URL for whatever reason, here https://windirstat.net/)

WinDirStat is basically a program that goes through a drive and makes an interactive graphic showing you what files are taking up the most space. You'll be able to determine what's taking up all of the space on your SD card with it.

Once you install WinDirStat, open it up, and select "Individual Drives" in the menu that immediately pops up. After that, select the SD card.
upload_2016-11-19_21-58-45.png

Once the SD card is selected, press OK, and let it start scanning. It shouldn't take too long. You'll know it's done when a bunch of squares at the bottom of the program pop up. When that's done, let me know. (If you're curious, this doesn't touch the data on the SD card)

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's finished
Yes, it does. Download WinDirStat from here: https://www.fosshub.com/WinDirStat.html/windirstat1_1_2_setup.exe (if you want, you can navigate through their site manually to get to that page if you don't trust that URL for whatever reason, here https://windirstat.net/)

WinDirStat is basically a program that goes through a drive and makes an interactive graphic showing you what files are taking up the most space. You'll be able to determine what's taking up all of the space on your SD card with it.

Once you install WinDirStat, open it up, and select "Individual Drives" in the menu that immediately pops up. After that, select the SD card.
View attachment 69552

Once the SD card is selected, press OK, and let it start scanning. It shouldn't take too long. You'll know it's done when a bunch of squares at the bottom of the program pop up. When that's done, let me know. (If you're curious, this doesn't touch the data on the SD card)
It's finished

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i just noticed that folder and it was never there before, it's the problem
Gotcha. I know the issue, you must've accidentally enabled backing up Windows info the SD card when inserting it one time.

Can you search in the start menu "backup settings" and take a picture of the window that comes up after clicking it?

Bella Lawrence

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gotcha. I know the issue, you must've accidentally enabled backing up Windows info the SD card when inserting it one time.

Can you search in the start menu "backup settings" and take a picture of the window that comes up after clicking it?

Attachments

• Screenshot (28).png
    Screenshot (28).png
    19.7 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: fodder

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, you should turn that switch to off, and click "more options" right under that. Once in the "more options" menu, click "See advanced settings" under the related settings menu, and take a picture of this screen that comes up please

upload_2016-11-19_22-26-5.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.