Hacking 2DSaver (Beta) - Fix your 2DS format brick - Testers needed

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it matter if the 3D LED works or not? You don't need it to complete the setup, right?
The OG 3DS uses the LED to give the software a signal that the 3D is on. So it is needed.
Could it work if I have a 3DS that does not work the 3d led? I have a 3ds formatted, but the 3d led doesn't work ...
Yes it will work. It will work with any 3DS.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Could this work for O3ds XL?
It should work (not tested) with any US/EU 3ds on the condition that the firm is < 7.0. The srv: pm exploit that this app depends on was fixed in 7.0.
JPN CN, unfortunately, doesn't want to work with my code. Still working on that.

btw - This only gets you past system setup, it has no direct effect on the 3d slider, its status register, or LED.
It only modifies this nand savegame that's not related to 3d in any way: https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Config_Savegame block 0x00110000

Last edited by zoogie,

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It should work (not tested) with any US/EU 3ds on the condition that the firm is < 7.0. The srv: pm exploit that this app depends on was fixed in 7.0.
JPN CN, unfortunately, doesn't want to work with my code. Still working on that.

btw - This only gets you past system setup, it has no direct effect on the 3d slider or its status register.
It only modifies this nand savegame that's not related to 3d in any way: https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Config_Savegame block 0x00110000
Does it matter to have 7.0 firm if I have A9LH?

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it matter to have 7.0 firm if I have A9LH?
Well, luma can patch in all services access, but the system will likely throw an error anyway when the app tries to access srv: pm as a port.

What exactly is your situation? What are you trying to do?

Reactions: Lightyose

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, luma can patch in all services access, but the system will likely throw an error anyway when the app tries to access srv: pm as a port.

What exactly is your situation? What are you trying to do?
I just want to format my O3ds XL, but when the 3d setup comes up, I get stuck on it, even if I put the 3d depth slider all the way up.

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to format my O3ds XL, but when the 3d setup comes up, I get stuck on it, even if I put the 3d depth slider all the way up.
Ok, scan this, but make sure you have "(x) Patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access" ticked in the luma config menu first.
PRE5_WEST_2050_1024.png
It works if light grey screen, fails on black screen or reboot.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well yeah, same as the OP. :P
I was just wondering, if you wanted to do a system format, couldn't you just use Tinyformat?
tinyformat also does the initial setup, you could probably restore the config save manually via godmode9 or something I guess to bypass the initial setup on a9lh consoles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9