FuLei

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, basically I was wondering what company's 2 gig microSD cards work well for M3 Lite/M3 Simply. What does Japan/Taiwan have to do with it? Anyone with experience?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2gb cards are usually kept down in speed due to size....all the ultra versions or fast reading cards are all kept @ 1gig for faster data access. It will work fine with the m3 simply and lite (I should know, I use them now) for every game except one, Castlevania: Portrait of the Ruins. I've tried the sandisk ultra 1 gig and also the kingston micro sd (taiwan made) against it with no luck, still freezes...I'm picking up 2 toshiba cards tonight to do some further tests and I'll report to se if my findings support this idea that the japanese made 1 gig micro sd cards run quick enough so POR runs fine.

FuLei

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait, it's nmot a huge deal for me if one game doesn't run on the 2 gig cards, unless of course, you think there will be many other games in the future that will not. You say that the ultra versions aren't available with 2 gig cards, so are you saying that a regular 2 gig wouldn't run fine? as far as transferring goes, speed doesn't matter to me. The only reason I really want a 2 gig is cause I want one card that I can bring with my ds everywhere and just leave it in there permanently, and put every game that I'll need on it. Thanks.

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I have 2 GB TakeMS MicroSD (in M3 Simply), .... all working fine even Castlevania: POR
yaynds.gif

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's different that it's easier to use, and more compatible. I've found a couple Japanese games no one on the wiki bothered to test that didn't work properly with m3 lite (or some boots and it freezes later). The 2gb microsd will work fine for everything else, in fact, Castlevania:POR is a problem because I firmly believe the freezing problem isn't completely resolved even with one of these magical Japanese cards, there's proof of it in another forum as well and I myself was going to test this theory that it still freezes but from the reports others have made, I'd say it's a safe bet that the game will freeze on any card if you overload it enough with enough actions in certain rooms.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
See, the interesting thing is that it's not on their webpage, and they're not sold anywhere right now. I don't know if it was a branding error but I got 2 when I was in a local verizon store, but now I don't see them around, just the regular 2gb sandisk. So I'm not sure what the final say is in regards to if it's really an ultra or not.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, well a seller on amazon.co.uk has been selling the ultra II 2gb for a few weeks ( see here, as have a few other official resellers.

As you say though, it isn't on the website - so no idea if they are official or not (and there are lots of sandisk fakes)..

magikalfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe sandisk does have ultra ii 2gbs. I've seen Verizon sell them. Although Sandisk does not list them, they do exist and I believe they are genuine.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought both mine from verizon, I highly doubt a verizon store would carry a fake card of any kind, however, if it does not exist I believe it's a misbadge on sandisk's part.

sneekysneeky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
These guys also sell them and they are very reputable, so they must be real. I'm going to be getting one at the end of the month.

HERE

In fact searching the product ID in Google brings up a few places selling them = SDSDQU-2048-E10M

jimminy_kriket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 2 gig Corsair card, works fine. I tried the european POR but it froze
frown.gif
. Does it make a difference if its the north american ver. or the european one?

DShunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will this work http://www.mymemory.co.uk/memory/SanDisk/4GB/Micro/SDHC/Card on the simple when it comes out? It says its a micro "SDHC" card but I don't know what that is.

I willing to bet it will work. Any SD cards with a capacity of 4GB or more will be labelled as SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) also on the official R4 site they said SD cards from 128MB to 4GB are SUPPORTED. Since the M3 Simply and R4 DS uses the same hardware it will work.

magikalfly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if it will work unless the R4 or Simply support SDHC specifically. Maybe able to do with a firmware update?

SDHC is a new standard for High Capacity SD cards. Regular old SD cards will work fine in SDHC drives and devices but SDHC cards will/might not work in SD drives and devices.

Think of SDHC like DVD's and regular SD as CD's. CD's play in new DVD drives but DVD's don't play in old CD drives.

But don't hold me to this. I think I read that SDHC COULD work with some devices but there might be speed problems, capacity recognition problems and just plain not a good idea.

js0ul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies. So has anyone bought and tested the 2gb Ultra II Sandisk card? Does it work really well with the M3 simply as in like no freezing and crashing for PoR?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed