Hacking 11.0.0-33 : The Aftermath

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I am writing this to help clear up a lot of misinformation that's going around regarding exactly what changed and how this affects the scene going forward.

svcBackdoor11
  • This function, which is used for many arm11 kernel applications such as BootNTR and RetroArch, was completely removed. This will temporarily break applications that use it unless you are running the latest Luma3DS commit
Really? I just updated my emunand and NTR still works fine. I use Gateway.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Probably one of the main benefits of Gateway. Everything just works. I didn't touch that at all.

Gateway bundles a specific version of FIRM with every update they release, they don't use the one from NAND, so that's why your setup is still working as it is, while other CFWs that load from NAND primarily were broken for a day.

Pokéidiot

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe devs could just take off the svcBackdoor() code from a older firmware.bin using a disassembler, and implement it in ctrulib.
And then homebrews that use svcBackdooor11 will work again on the lastest firmware

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Maybe devs could just take off the svcBackdoor() code from a older firmware.bin using a disassembler, and implement it in ctrulib.
And then homebrews that use svcBackdooor11 will work again on the lastest firmware
svcBackDoor is in the firmware of the 3ds and as such would need to be implemented into the firmware of the 3ds. CFW can patch it back in however (latest Luma commits already do this)

Reactions: TuxSH

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It will "just work" right up until 11.1.0 requires the latest firm version and it fails to boot because brickway embeds whichever old firmware version they use in the dat file.
Like it happens all the time? When I am forced to not update until GW team updates the launcher?

Critichart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Please i need help. I've been off for a while and i don't know what's going on. I have a 10. Something version and i'd like to be on the latest (to acces miiverse and eShop) is it safe to update? I use emunand (i think i never should touch sysnand) also, what is rednand? I thought it was called reinand, and vvvvvv has a entrypoint now? Thanks :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
before everyone jumps on me and says "read", I'm sorry if this has been answered all ready but I don't tend to keep tracks on 3ds anymore but if your using gateway Emunand is it ok to update to the new Firmware on a N3DSXL's? or not its brocken, you have to wait for an update by the team.

roelex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a O3ds on sysmenu 4.4 running GW. I updated the emunand in settings. Now when I try to load games in emunand, it says, no game inserted.
edit: launcher.dat(latest)

Last edited by roelex,

DaftMink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So EmuNAND on N3DS for non-Arm9 users appears broken.. at least for me.
Planning to Install Arm9 either when GW makes it easier or I've finished reading up on it so I don't brick a lovely red N3DS console.
Interestingly RxTools still works on my O3DS so not in a huge rush.

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably one of the main benefits of Gateway. Everything just works. I didn't touch that at all.
Unless you want to patch SecureInfo... Or use a decent CFW... or read manuals on games from CIAs...

And if you don't touch other shit it works fine, the **** are you on about?

So EmuNAND on N3DS for non-Arm9 users appears broken.. at least for me.
Planning to Install Arm9 either when GW makes it easier or I've finished reading up on it so I don't brick a lovely red N3DS console.
Interestingly RxTools still works on my O3DS so not in a huge rush.
Works for me.

Reactions: astronautlevel

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Unless you want to patch SecureInfo... Or use a decent CFW... or read manuals on games from CIAs...

And if you don't touch other shit it works fine, the **** are you on about?

Works for me.
Why would I use a CFW when everything I try works?

I can read CIA manuals just fine.

Reactions: nccom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system