Hacking 11.0.0-33 : The Aftermath

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so ninjahax cant download a payload. what about loading the payload from say the sd card? i guess it lacks the privileges? and same for oothax. The oothax payload is in the save i thought, at-least i see it when dumping the save.....

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
ok so ninjahax cant download a payload. what about loading the payload from say the sd card? i guess it lacks the privileges? and same for oothax. The oothax payload is in the save i thought, at-least i see it when dumping the save.....

Correct. FW 11.0.0 has special-case code to remove permissions from some titles, including Cubic Ninja. Thus, CN cannot download from the internet on original FW version 11.0.0.

FW 11.0.0 also applies some randomization to memory layout for Ocarina of Time. This is sufficient to significantly reduce the current payload's successful launch rate.

In other words, Firmware 11.0.0 significantly increased the difficulty of using those titles as entry points.

dankzegriefer

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ninjhax doesn't have SD permissions.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read in another thread or a magazine or billboard or I made it up but someone said Ninjhax could - in theory - load the entire payload from a huge qr code? Is that a thing?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I read in another thread or a magazine or billboard or I made it up but someone said Ninjhax could - in theory - load the entire payload from a huge qr code? Is that a thing?
It would be potentially possible to load an entire stage 0 payload from a single QR code, but the entire hax payload wouldn't fit.

Last edited by astronautlevel,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
No, stage data is limited to A00 bytes per QR or something. You can install a payload through multiple QRs or steal FS from homemenu and install it from the sd card. Smealum-kun is doing the latter I think.

Last edited by zoogie,

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
One thing I've noticed in the aftermath of 11.0 is that the developer community seems to have taken a real demoralizing blow.

Luma/AuReiNAND used to have updates every couple of days, even sometimes hours, but it's been on 5.4 for three weeks now.

Other tools that saw fairly regular development but haven't received an update since 11.0: Decrypt9, Godmode9, FBI, Bootanim9, EmuNAND9, CTRXplorer.

And of course Cakes CFW, but that one hasn't seen a stable release since GWB was president, so maybe that doesn't count.

Reactions: Deleted User

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
One thing I've noticed in the aftermath of 11.0 is that the developer community seems to have taken a real demoralizing blow.

Luma/AuReiNAND used to have updates every couple of days, even sometimes hours, but it's been on 5.4 for three weeks now.

Other tools that saw fairly regular development but haven't received an update since 11.0: Decrypt9, Godmode9, FBI, Bootanim9, EmuNAND9, CTRXplorer.

And of course Cakes CFW, but that one hasn't seen a stable release since GWB was president, so maybe that doesn't count.
Luma hasn't had an update as Aurora doesn't have her consoles and can't test things.

The other things you mentioned don't really have much more to develop. None of them saw anything but sporadic updates even before 11.0, with the major changes being RedNAND and a9lh support.

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
And? I never had any problems.
You could sell your flashcard, get A9LH+Luma and enjoy free, open source software without embedded brick code.
A Gatewait this late in the game seems pointless. Might as well sell it and get a 256GB SD card, but it's not like there's 256GB of good 3DS games anyway.

Reactions: astronautlevel

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Will we ever be able to downgrade on 11.0?
As of right now the best answer I can give is who knows. An arm9 exploit would let us downgrade and would be useful if the 9.2 exploit is more stable. Also, there may be a workaround allowing for arm11 downgrading.

That aside, hardmod downgrading is still an option on 11.0

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
If an ARM9 Exploit for 11.0 was ever done it can be possible, but with an ARM11 Exploit it"s probably patched but there"s a very little chance that Nintendo didn"t patched it totally correctly and something can be broken in Process9 that is what prevent downgrading. But it possibly also can"t so there"s no safe answer to that for now.
For the moment until Nintendo change the NATIVE_FIRM you can downgrade via Hardmod as said.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Luma hasn't had an update as Aurora doesn't have her consoles and can't test things.

The other things you mentioned don't really have much more to develop. None of them saw anything but sporadic updates even before 11.0, with the major changes being RedNAND and a9lh support.

Whoa, did her consoles get confiscated by the Entertainment Software Association?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

FBI releases 4/12, 4/12, 4/13, 4/14, 4/15, 4/17, 4/22, 4/24, 4/29, 4/30, ver 11.0 5/9
Decrypt9 4/1, 4/2, 4/2, 4/4, 4/12, 4/28, 5/4 ver 11.0 5/9
BootAnim9 3/24, 3/24, 3/25/, 3/25, 3/27, 4/9, 4/24 ver 11.0 5/9
GodMode9 3/23, 4/13, 5/1, ver 11.0 5/9

That's ignoring Luma. Nintendo dealt the demoralizing body blow to the dev community! :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM