Hacking 11.0.0-33 : The Aftermath

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think you are already aware of how dificult finding new spare arm11 and arm9 exploits is. Also I think you could appreciate if we purposely hide an exploit now to expose it publicly when it doesn't matter anymore. Even if we can, It's not the right time to counterattack.

But hey, if you have any ideas just grab the devkit pro libs and start coding!

I fully agree that at the moment it would be foolish to reveal any 'shelved' expoits (if at all known). I was merely reacting to the "possibly permanently" verbiage. We'll just have to get back to a situation like the time like when 4.x 3DSes became hard to find and MSET was our only way in.

Reactions: polarbernd

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of ways that we could possibly bypass the update blocker once @aliaspider or someone else updates memchunkhax. Here's what I've come up with:
The most obvious way would just be to modify the CIA to look like it's above the version check. However, this wouldn't work of course because then the CIA isn't signed by Nintendo, which obviously means we can't install it.
As I'm told that the version list is hardcoded, we'd probably need arm9 control to rewrite the list if at all which defeats the purpose.
However, I do have one idea that may turn out to get somewhere. I won't say too much, as Ninty is always watching, but I'll go digging into sysupdater and its reaction on 11.0. I might be able to overwrite the version list another way.....
If you have some info on the hardcoded list and how it works, as 3dbrew does not, please share it with me.

Reactions: annson24

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because everything works fine the way it is?
because Nintendo is eventually going to force an update when you want to play online or use things like the eShop. and (when using cfw) it's easier to just update rather than install individual titles to keep online/eshop access. installing individual titles doesn't get you any benefits.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well nintendo just screwed downgrading chances big time. Not the aftermath of "Can i use cfw on 11.0?" forum posts are coming. Im disappointed to see that this ha occured, but it was eventually going to happen.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Well nintendo just screwed downgrading chances big time. Not the aftermath of "Can i use cfw on 11.0?" forum posts are coming. Im disappointed to see that this ha occured, but it was eventually going to happen.
It's still possible that we can use an arm9 to downgrade on 11.0.0+, given that it's process9 enforcing min versions.

Reactions: Monty Kensicle

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last time we got something with an update on 3ds was back with version 9.6.0-24U
We got menu layout.
and it was back in March 23rd 2015
Since then, we got only "system stability and system improvement" only to block CFW and Flashcard

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/231/~/system-menu-update-history
I'd like to point out that the cat and mouse game of 3DS hacking and Nintendo patching without adding anything new has been going on for rover (sic) a year

Correct. I think the big splash this time around is that downgrading was viable for a good long while, and no longer is. This update also added some stuff to it that will make downgrading a pain in the neck (if even possible) going forward.

Reactions: Deleted User

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Correct. I think the big splash this time around is that downgrading was viable for a good long while, and no longer is. This update also added some stuff to it that will make downgrading a pain in the neck (if even possible) going forward.
You'd effectively need an arm9 exploit to downgrade since it's process9 that enforces minimum version

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
i have a question... here i read then svchax isnt full patched but i read in another post (in this forum) than was patched... what post its more old? its patched or half patched... the users with 11.0 have some hope without use hardmod? I has to update how last option bc i was downgrading and i has a black screen and my 3ds dnt turn on and the only thing than was working was recovery D:

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
i have a question... here i read then svchax isnt full patched but i read in another post (in this forum) than was patched... what post its more old? its patched or half patched... the users with 11.0 have some hope without use hardmod? I has to update how last option bc i was downgrading and i has a black screen and my 3ds dnt turn on and the only thing than was working was recovery D:
Even with an arm11 kernel exploit (like svchax) it still won't be possible to downgrade from 11.0 (see: process9 enforcing a minimum version number). That being said, svchax wasn't patched, just broken, and it is possible to fix.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's my understanding that it's patched beyond the point of reasonable usability (at least currently).

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
It's my understanding that it's patched beyond the point of reasonable usability.
It's possible and the guys on 3dsdev think they can get it to work. You'd just have to aim really fucking well because canaries.

That being said it still wouldn't allow downgrading.

Reactions: solress and dubbz82

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu