ROM Hack Guitar Hero On Tour - Custom songs?

DeepFriedAsian

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the game hasn't (officially) come out yet, but I was wondering if it would be possible to make custom songs for it, since we have all this flashcart technology and stuff. I'm not much into the technical side of stuff, but I was wondering if this idea was plausible.

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Depends on what sound format they use. That said I suspect they'll use CriWare's ADX format meaning swapping the audio shouldn't be too hard. As for the timings of the notes, that'll be somewhat tougher.

D

Deleted User

THIS would be awesome. But the controller stuff. It won't be playable via common DS buttons, so we gonna need a way to put our songs into the Slot2 Guitar Grip.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well, since the game hasn't come out yet and isn't widespread to everyone (and considering there isn't even a dump of the game) I'd say it's unknown as to whether or not custom songs are possible.

Ask this again in a month, then I'm sure someone would have a more definite answer.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing that custom songs will be available in about a week, would it be easy to port over Guitar Hero and Rock band songs if they knew what they were doing? I guess not on the harder levels, as the DS version only has 4 buttons instead of 5.

adyum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could see you being able to port med and easy songs from guitar hero and rockband. Should be interesting to see the progress with this.

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pedroion said:
THIS would be awesome. But the controller stuff. It won't be playable via common DS buttons, so we gonna need a way to put our songs into the Slot2 Guitar Grip.

Ummm, what
blink.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As of now, you MUST own the GBA expansion controller to play the game... even with the ROM, you still need the HARDWARE... so until someone patches the game, only people who buy the controller addon can play the game.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everyone sees to have missed the fact people would have to be willing to recreate songs for the DS, and without any software for this at the moment, it would be quite hard. All the custom songs at the moment (and the tools used to create them) use 5 notes, rendering them incompatible (I assume, unless you can just miss out the 5th fret when playing).
Anyway, it would be a good opportunity. Though I'm looking at GHIV Wii really. VV confirmed DLC will be downloaded onto your SD card, which means songs will be read off there too. Anyone with a brain will realise what opportunities this creates.

D

Deleted User

The dump is out 2day, and this is what we need:
-A developer with a Guitar Grip
-A way to make the game read our flashcards (S1)
-A conversion tool for our songs
-Luck
-

Icey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's a button hack for the Guitar Grip so all you really need is:
DS
Flash Card (that runs Guitar Hero: On Tour)

I'm waiting for better configuration of the buttons >_< Y which is at the bottom middle when the DS is vertical is the far left color (cant remember off the top of my head) when X should be Y.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: anyway, I could use a hand, if anyone can point me in the right direction