Hacking Remove the Wii Homebrew Cahnnel Loader

retroguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to remove the Wii homebrew Channel Loader, which I installed via an elf. It says here http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Homebrew_Channel that it can easily be done via the Wii Channle Management.
But just to be sure: there will be no ticket indormation left on my Wii (I don't think there was installed a ticket, as the Channel loader installation came as an elf)?

Could someone confirm this?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's basically the elf WadInstaller with an injected WAD file, so yes, there are tickets.

Just pull the Title ID from the channel and make any wad with the same Title ID. The WAD uninstaller will take care of the rest.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
retroguy said:
Kairi said:
Someone gave this to me on #wiidev used the wad uninstaller and worked fine http://rs312.rapidshare.com/files/109790970/title.wad
Thanks, that did it. It's basically the Wii homebrew channel loader wad, instead of an elf. Do you know if it is the No Time Limit version?

i installed the no limit version of the Homebrew Channel and i want to get rid of the tickets. does this link work?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priapism said:
i installed the no limit version of the Homebrew Channel and i want to get rid of the tickets. does this link work?

I don't understand why so many people are having trouble with this....

Re-download the modified homebrew channel and use that to uninstall it.

Or, do a NAND dump an find the Title ID used. Make any WAD with that Title ID and it'll uninstall.

retroguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
priapism said:
retroguy said:
Kairi said:
Someone gave this to me on #wiidev used the wad uninstaller and worked fine http://rs312.rapidshare.com/files/109790970/title.wad
Thanks, that did it. It's basically the Wii homebrew channel loader wad, instead of an elf. Do you know if it is the No Time Limit version?

As I said, yes it does.

bluesharpie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
priapism said:

Or, do a NAND dump an find the Title ID used. Make any WAD with that Title ID and it'll uninstall.
some people used the elf to install the channel and do not have the wad file.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluesharpie said:
teq said:
priapism said:

some people used the elf to install the channel and do not have the wad file.

Then get ANY WAD (I REPEAT: ANY WAD FILE WILL WORK, IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THE ONE YOU USED TO INSTALL IT) and give it the Title ID of the channel you want to remove.

The elf is just the WAD Installer with an injected WAD.... it will work the same exact way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo