cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DualSlot Browser lets you browse and copy files to the filesystems available. Meaning if you have two FAT based flashcarts inserted, you will have access to both!

Be aware this is a very basic version. Hopefully once I learn more about DS coding, I'll get a cool GUI going. Suggestions and comments are welcome. Thanks to all that helped me get started!

Download

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's sounds awesome! I hope you'll make it very good
smile.gif
The double DLDI support is awesome!

cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The second DLDI(DLDS) section was created from work by cybermind on GBAdev. All thanks should go to him on that matter! But glad you like it!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The second DLDI(DLDS) section was created from work by cybermind on GBAdev. All thanks should go to him on that matter! But glad you like it!
Then he's a freaking genious! If I understand it right, it patches an empty DLDI file, and it puts that code in the original file to support the SLot-2, right? That's awesome! I hope more programs will make use of this, until every homebrew game can support dual DLDI
biggrin.gif

Btw, you did an awesome job too, by making the program itself. I'm going to try it right now. Unless you've screwed it up really badly you'll make the frontpage of the site I'm admin at, NDSS.NL
tongue.gif

I did a couple of tests using my M3 Real and M3 Lite:

1st DLDI: M3 Real
2nd DLDI: M3 Lite
Running from: M3 Real Slot-1 mode
Result: works great

1st DLDI: none
Running from: M3 Real Slot-1 mode
Result: works great (thanks to DLDI autopatching)

Running from: M3 Real Slot-2 mode
Result: works great

Running from: M3 Lite
Result: two black screens

Very impressive!

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicate deleted. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

P

pasc

Could you please add keyrepeat (pressing the down button thousand times is annoying) in the next version please ? Thx in advance, and good work, keep it up !

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't try this out because I don't know where my Supercard is, but does this let me put roms on my supercard, and boot from slot 1, and select a game from either my slot 1 or slot 2? Giving my 1.5 GB of storage instead of just my 1 GB in slot 1?

cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pasc:

Yeah, I meant to implement this right before I released it. It will be in the next version.

maikelsteneker:

During my test your last senario should work. Are you booting the file correctly? Does the M3 Lite use the "ds.gba"?
Thanks for the support! To find out more about DLDS go here: GBAdev Forum. Cybermind posted his work there.

Seja_8:

I included Bootlib 1.2 in my project. It doesn't work on any of my carts but should work on a few. Bootlib only works with homebrew. But if my program can't boot it, just copy and boot it from your cart menu! Find out more about Bootlib here: GBAdev Forum

Thanks for the input! And can you post your test results with booting on different carts. Also you don't have to have two carts to use this. You can patch for just DLDI and it will still work. Only with one FAT of course.

roadbusta

Trophies
Website
www.google.com.au
XP
Country
I tired this program by launching it from my M3 Real, patched with the supercard lite .DLDS file, to be used with supercard lite in slot 2. When I load the program from the m3 real, it simply says "Auto DLDI compatible" then gives me two black screens.

I tried running an already M3 Real patched .nds file through the .bat file, again used with the supercard lite DLDS file, but the same thing happens.

When I use a clean DualSlotBrowser.nds file in the M3 or Supercard lite, it boots, but I only have acces to that specific cards directory. Eg if I boot from the M3, I only have access to the M3 files, or If i Boot from the Supercard, I only have access to the supercard files.

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Wait i am bit confused. So if you have both a Slot 1 and Slot 2 Devices and had 2 gig in slot 1 and 1 gig in slot 2. This homebrew would combine the space together (not sure if that is th right way to say it) and give you 3 gig? Yeah n00b question deal with it.

EDIT: Or am i on the totally wrong track?

SuperGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait i am bit confused. So if you have both a Slot 1 and Slot 2 Devices and had 2 gig in slot 1 and 1 gig in slot 2. This homebrew would combine the space together (not sure if that is th right way to say it) and give you 3 gig? Yeah n00b question deal with it.

EDIT: Or am i on the totally wrong track?

It allows you to manage the spaces on the Slot-1 and Slot-2 devices at the same time, but individually.

cornaljoe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jaymz52:

Yeah, but I want to clean it up first and get the program to 1.0. It's full of code that does the same thing and things to cover up bugs. Now that I have a better understanding on what to do, the new version should be easier to maintain and understand.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
maikelsteneker:

During my test your last senario should work. Are you booting the file correctly? Does the M3 Lite use the "ds.gba"?
Thanks for the support! To find out more about DLDS go here: GBAdev Forum. Cybermind posted his work there.
No, I used the NDS-file. The M3 should work okay with them though. But I'll try again later today.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I bet the problem is the auto-dldi patching that some slot1 cards do. Is there a version of the no-dldi patcher that works with dual dldi software yet?

kwliu

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I found it seldom work for my M3DS Real & M3 SD Perfect.
When it fail to show fat2: it take a long time to load.

It's wonderful and useful when copy game from DS friend when computer not available.
The most need improve is the copy speed, don't know limited by homebrew or DS/FlashCart hardware.

CTi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I tried DualSlot Browser v0.8 on a M3 DS Real with the M3 SD DLDS and it worked fine. However, I'm running into problems when I try using it with my slot-2 M3 Lite Proffesional using the same DLDS. When I try starting the program I see some quick numbers flashing by and then the screen goes blank. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1