Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
====== 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool V1.8 ======
By Rudolph

This is a program for managing games, saves and features on the EZ-Flash 3in1 expansion
cart. It allows GBA games up to 16MB to be run from PSRAM, so you no longer have to flash
a game to NOR before you can play it.

Soft reset is supported on the R4/M3 Simply (soft reset must be enabled in the R4/M3 game
menu) and the DSLink. This allows rumble and browser support to be enabled without
patches for these flashcarts. It also allows the game in PSRAM to be used for DSGBA
linkage.

English and Japanese languages are supported. If the DS is set to Japanese, the program
will use Japanese. Otherwise, the program will be in English.

====== Setup ======

You may need to apply the DLDI patch for your flashcart before using this app.
Version 1.8 is pre-patched for the R4/M3 Simply.

Create a folder named "GBA" in the root of your memory card, and create a folder named
"Save" inside the GBA folder. GBA backups go in the /GBA folder. Saves will be placed
in the /GBA/SAVE folder.

GBA frames are supported. The 3in1 ExpPack Tool will look for "gbaframe.bmp" in the /GBA
folder and the /_system_ folder, in that order. Frames must be 8-bit or 24-bit bitmap
files with a resolution of 256x192.

Games with EEPROM and 512kbit Flash save types need to be patched with the EZ4 Client or
GBATA. Games with 1024kbit Flash save types need to be patched with the EZ4 Client.

««« IMPORTANT »»»
If you are upgrading from version 1.5 or earlier, you must back up your saves from the
3in1 with the old version before using 1.8. The method for managing SRAM has changed, so
1.8 cannot back up saves from old versions.

When importing saves, make sure the file extension is ".SAV". If a save file does not
already exist, a new one named "GameTitle GameCode.SAV" will be created automatically.

====== Usage ======

* Run "3in1_ExpPack_Tool.NDS".
* L and R switch between the PSRAM, NOR and Rumble modes. The Rumble mode only shows up
on supported carts.
* Left and right on the d-pad scroll the game list one screen up or down.

PSRAM Mode:

(A) Load the selected game into PSRAM and run it.

[start] Load the selected game into PSRAM and soft reset back to the flashcart menu.
(only works on R4/M3 Simply and DSLink)

Until the power is turned off or the 3in1 is removed from the system, the game in PSRAM
will be used when switching to GBA mode or using DSGBA linkage.

(B) Backup the save for the last game run from PSRAM.

(X) Backup all 512k of SRAM to SRAM.BIN.

(Y) Restore all 512k of SRAM from SRAM.BIN.

Games up to 16 megabytes, with SRAM, EEPROM or 512kbit flash saves can be run from PSRAM.
Games that are larger than 16 megabytes, and games that use 1024kbit flash saves must be
flashed to NOR.

NOR Mode:

(A) Write the selected game to NOR.

(X) Start the game in NOR.

(B) Backup the save from the NOR game to a file.

(Y) Restore the save for the NOR game from the save file.

Rumble Mode:

This screen has options for enabling rumble and the web browser RAM expansion.
The options on this screen will currently only work with the R4/M3 Simply and the DSLink.

Select an option and press (A) to enable that feature and soft reset back to the
flashcart menu. The feature you enabled should now work for any DS game or app that
supports it.

Download it from the website:
http://blog.so-net.ne.jp/Rudolph/
Google translated version

Please do not post in English on the Japanese site.

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
This seems really interesting - a slight spin on the other 2 progs around at the mo. I'll have to give it try after my work tomorrow.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rudolph just released a new version. From now on it's in Japanese only. He got the fonts working. It seems the guy really dislikes English speaking community. Or has no interest in it, it's his thing, so respect his decisions.

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh well
frown.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The new version (1.5) apparently only changes the language and the look of the interface, so for English just keep using 1.3.

I tested 1.5, and I don't think it will be much of a problem to use the Japanese versions if Rudolph really does stop making English versions. The filenames are still in English of course, and there really isn't that much text in the app anyway.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The new version (1.5) apparently only changes the language and the look of the interface, so for English just keep using 1.3.

I tested 1.5, and I don't think it will be much of a problem to use the Japanese versions if Rudolph really does stop making English versions. The filenames are still in English of course, and there really isn't that much text in the app anyway.
Yes, he stated in his last post that this version has only language changed. It has the same functionality as 1.3.

haruk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think he really has a problem with english...it's just that he doesn't know much. This is what I was able to translate with google from his site:
Because there is no modification of function, English as for errand please use v1.3.

It's a pretty crappy translation, but it just sounds like, it's the same thing, except in japanese so english people use v1.3.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rudolph said:
I do not understand the languages other than Japanese.
Moreover, the ability at English is also poverty-stricken.

It is that the possibility that the misunderstanding and the mistake
happen is high in communications in the languages other than Japanese.
Therefore, I do not answer in English as a rule.

If I answer in English, a lot of labor is necessary for it.

And, neither DAT encryption of R4/M3Simply nor the inquiry concerning
SoftReset is answered in consideration of the problem to the person
who relates to the manufacturer etc.

If they are other matters, I will answer as much as possible.

-- Rudolph --

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cory's GBA Loader in now discontinued. It seems, he got mad when EZ team actually favored Rudolphs's program.

Anyway, because of official EZ team support Rudolph's program will continue to be released in English, with an English readme file (courtesy of destructobot).

Again, if my help is needed I can translate almost anything from Japanese. Just not big ass texts, I'm lazy.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Updated the info in the top post.

-EX-: If you're not too lazy to read the whole Japanese readme, would you check and make sure I didn't miss anything important? It's hard to tell, just working with computer translations.

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
"Until the power is turned off or the 3in1 is removed from the system, the game in PSRAM
will be used when switching to GBA mode or using DSGBA linkage."

How do you soft reset from the loaded GBA game back to the DS to facilitate DS-GBA Linkage? Sorry if this is really obvious but I just can't see how to do it!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure that soft reset is turned on in the R4's game menu, start the 3in1 tool, select a game in PSRAM mode and press the start button. This will load the GBA rom and it's save, then soft reset back to the R4 menu without starting the game.

Before anyone asks, no, you cannot migrate your pokemans this way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c