markehmus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
normaly backing up goes fine.
SSBB using friidump was a good 12 hrs to backup
(but now my original/retail is safe from scratching)
-rawdump 2 works great for normal disks not dual layer
-friidump .4 works great for SSBB and Metroid Trilogy ...but also dumps naormal retail wii disks

my problem is that Metroid Other M will notdump with friidump_ver0.4
-even after leaving the game to dump for the full 12 hrs i get no differance in file size, still no extention
-i still got no errors or warning and when complete friidump said all successful, but it was fail !

you can see by this picture below that friidump had started to dump my Raquet Sports Wii game
...it even listed a proper name and gave a file extention....notice the underdump...thats because
...i just quite friidump and ejected Raquet Sports to show it friidump makes a file of size with extention
the file size thats shown own refresh will show its growing as its being dumped, this is normal for me.

howevr , then replaced Raquet Sports with Metroid Other M
and after 3 minutes of dumping, in comparision to the few seconds i left Raquet sports dump
-metroid has no extention ??
-metroid has no file SIZE after being left to dump for a much longer time then Raquet sports (in this picture below)

2ijjn78.png

just incase there might have been device problems i tore my pc apart so it only had 1 dvd drive (lg8164b) and 1 HDD in it at a time,
and everything works as normal with either of my 2 lg8164b drives...i can dump any of my retail but not metroid other m...

i was hoping for some real advice ...as these steps blow work everytime ...but not for metroid other m

1. Download Friidump v.0.4.0
2. Place the friidump.exe file in C:\friidump folder
3. Open Friidump.exe in command prompt (by dragging normaly)
or Go to START BUTTON > RUN > and type COMMAND
4. Enter the command, which looks like C:\friidump\friidump.exe -d e: -a
5. Come back in about 8-12 hours to check progress of dual layer 3-4 for normal Wii disks

markehmus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
because i have the equipment to make the backup from pc
because i use flatmii and have no drive in the wii
because usbloader and superdump are scrub dumps without update or pieces to put back together
(i have not checked out which usbloader can dump full 1:1 .iso, but may be a thought if 1 can)
because i asked for help with dumping this way, since i see alot of bad dumps done by Wii's with cios

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
because usbloader and superdump are scrub dumps without update or pieces to put back together
Just a clarification to OP: Superdump does 1:1 copies.

Rawdump 2.1 is supposed to work with DL games (http://filetrip.net/f1609-Rawdump-2-1.html)

markehmus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a clarification to OP: Superdump does 1:1 copies = pieces to put back together ... i dont like that as much

Rawdump 2.1 failed miserably to copy dual layer

markehmus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
usbloader-cfg is not realy 1:1 if you check you dumps against redump and verify game data plus ring to make sure your dumps correct

however ...someone wonderful(crediar) has made something new(sneek+di disk dumper), that dumped it in 2 chunks and verifies its a good working dump using diskcheck.exe , howevr my ring is diferent then the 1 posted at redump, so verification isnt possible ... ( which also leads me to wonder how that dump was made )

-=edit=-
will also try wode now
http://gbatemp.net/t251780-how-to-dump-100...p;#entry3088968

-=edit2=-
well well seems that even though the inside ring information is diferent from redump the rest of the checks are the same
2wg8yva.jpg

markehmus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
2wrl0uv.jpg

just wanted to show proff that my retail SSBB will dump using friidump and show extention and file size while dumping

even though metroid wont

markehmus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
! fixed issue by skold !

many thank you's skold

friidump.exe -d *: -H -i metroidOM.iso

by using another method then auto (-a) i am able to watch the file size grow and hopefully on completion it hash checks well but alll seems fine once again

-= edit =-

all good ! no errors , must have been the colon in the name game title that stopped the dumping process , thnak you again skold

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
markehmus said:
! fixed issue by skold !

many thank you's skold

friidump.exe -d *: -H -i metroidOM.iso

by using another method then auto (-a) i am able to watch the file size grow and hopefully on completion it hash checks well but alll seems fine once again

-= edit =-

all good ! no errors , must have been the colon in the name game title that stopped the dumping process , thnak you again skold
Thank you for sharing the solution. I ripped with my LG Drive too and the file finished at 0Kb as well. I was extremely surprised it did not work. I will have to keep this command line on file. I was gutted to have waited so long for it not to work... Managed to dump it via WODE in the end. MUCH quicker too - less than 4hrs
smile.gif

Was it the -H that was needed OR is it the -i so you can make a name without a : in it OR are BOTH necessary?

markehmus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-h is help
-H skips hash checks
-l enables nameing

... just dragging the friidump.exe into cammand promt window and press enter key , i was told this is called 'running the app with no arguement'
it will then display the help as if you used the -h command ( this works for all commandpropmt apps i tried so far )

CODE
Available command line options:
-h, --help Show this help
-a, --autodump Dump the disc to an ISO file with an
automatically-generated name, resuming the dump
if possible
-g, --gui Use more verbose output that can be easily
parsed by a GUI frontend
-d, --device Dump disc from device
-r, --raw Output to file in raw format (2064-byte
sectors)
-i, --iso Output to file in ISO format (2048-byte
sectors)
-u, --unscramble Convert (unscramble) raw image contained in
to ISO format
-H, --nohash Do not compute CRC32/MD4/MD5/SHA-1/ED2K hashes
for generated files
-s, --resume Resume partial dump
-1, --method1 Use dumping method 1 (Read and dump one sector
at a time)
-2, --method2 Use dumping method 2 (Read and dump 5 sectors
at a time, using streaming read)
-3, --method3 Use dumping method 3 (Read and dump 5 sectors
at a time, using streaming read, using DMA)
-4, --method4 Use dumping method 4 (Read and dump 5 sectors
at a time, using streaming read, using DMA and
some speed tricks, *DEFAULT*)

wode took 4 tries and a firmware upgrade for me to finaly check properly once complete but yes around 4hrs as opposed to 12hrs in windows7 and about 10hrs in XP

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
that last line says a lot about microsoft that win7 takes longer than xp to do something relativly simple.

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
markehmus said:
-h is help
-H skips hash checks
-l enables nameing

... just dragging the friidump.exe into cammand promt window and press enter key , i was told this is called 'running the app with no arguement'
it will then display the help as if you used the -h command ( this works for all commandpropmt apps i tried so far )

CODE
Available command line options:
-h, --help Show this help
-a, --autodump Dump the disc to an ISO file with an
automatically-generated name, resuming the dump
if possible
-g, --gui Use more verbose output that can be easily
parsed by a GUI frontend
-d, --device Dump disc from device
-r, --raw Output to file in raw format (2064-byte
sectors)
-i, --iso Output to file in ISO format (2048-byte
sectors)
-u, --unscramble Convert (unscramble) raw image contained in
to ISO format
-H, --nohash Do not compute CRC32/MD4/MD5/SHA-1/ED2K hashes
for generated files
-s, --resume Resume partial dump
-1, --method1 Use dumping method 1 (Read and dump one sector
at a time)
-2, --method2 Use dumping method 2 (Read and dump 5 sectors
at a time, using streaming read)
-3, --method3 Use dumping method 3 (Read and dump 5 sectors
at a time, using streaming read, using DMA)
-4, --method4 Use dumping method 4 (Read and dump 5 sectors
at a time, using streaming read, using DMA and
some speed tricks, *DEFAULT*)

wode took 4 tries and a firmware upgrade for me to finaly check properly once complete but yes around 4hrs as opposed to 12hrs in windows7 and about 10hrs in XP
Thanks for that. I did run it to see what it meant previous to posting but was not sure if you needed H and i.. Matters not as it works with both
smile.gif

As for WODE - yeah - it has issues with new Dual Layer games until an update is released. Until that moment it gets treated like a Single Layer game when being ripped. Hence why 2.3A/2.3B update was needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y