WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just in case people forgot about emu_kidid and his awesome SD-Boot application, let me remind you that SD-Boot 1.0 coming soon with much improvements.

QUOTE said:
SD-Boot 1.0 full features list revealed:

Boots:
Originals and backups from DVD
ISO from SD/SDHC (FAT16/FAT32 supported)
GCOS/Cobra Multi-Game compilations on DVD
DOL executables from SD/SDHC/DVD (ISO9660)
WODE ISO files from HDD/DVD (when running on a Wii)

Supports:
Multi-mode menu (PAL50/PAL60/NTSC/480p)
Video mode patching (PAL50/PAL60/NTSC/480p)
2 Disc Games (Original or backup from DVD only)
Disc ripping to SD/SDHC
Full cheats database support (SD/SDHC/DVD/WODE)
IPL configuring
Disc/ISO analysis

Source

You just need to pick up a SDGecko or make one yourself (which is not that easy). Unfortunately SD-Boot still needs a disc in the drive, but he is planning to remove the Disc Drive for a SD only Mod.

So yeah, loading GC games through SD/SDHC
yay.gif

schooluser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elmariachi said:
lets hope making that SDGecko will get better then ...

Ok, what tool do I need to use to put the gamecube compilations together, does this require any other ios or specific versions of an ios, and where can I get it?

Oh, and is there a reliable file manager that can copy games from usb drives to the sd card in the wii?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
schooluser said:
elmariachi said:

Ok, what tool do I need to use to put the gamecube compilations together, does this require any other ios or specific versions of an ios, and where can I get it?

Oh, and is there a reliable file manager that can copy games from usb drives to the sd card in the wii?

You need an app called GCOS, or GCMulti to shrink the GC games and make a compilation disc. Just use windows to copy/move things
smile.gif
If you really want to do it on the Wii (it will be slow) use WiiExplorer

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Does any1 have any idea as to whether this will eventually work without an sd gecko? I'm considering purchasing one just for this app, but if it will work without one in less than a year or two, then I can wait.

I realize most people prolly wont have an answer to this question but I thought I'd ask anyways. (And yes I've read the million posts of people saying GC games will never be played off USB hard drive... but that was before these recent developments.)

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xflak my best educated guess would be no, without some sort of breakthrough, cause this technology has been around since original GC if im not mistaken, since it works from the gamecumbe hardware (save slots). Just looks like its being revamped/bug fixed cause before compatibility sucked and it was quite slow

That being said i think its anyones guess if it will happen, right now everyone says impossible it will never happen, but as i recall 1yr~ ago everyone flamed anyone who wanted to play a burned disc in there wii without a modchip saying it was impossible ^^

jaybee

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried ramming a live Gecko in my Wii the other day, but it was having none of it! It ran off and I have not seen it since!
rolleyes.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Did you use a condom? You've got to be carefull about using live gecko's...they might have bugs.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

*drumroll*

*dead silence*

You know...bugs? As in...
Ah, forget it. I've got to work on my joke repertoire.
shy.gif

On-topic: isn't emu_kidid the same guy who's working on both wii64 and wiisx? If so...wow. Even one of those projects seem like something huge to actually make. But three? I mean...wow.

*is impressed*

jaybee

Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
Did you use a condom? You've got to be carefull about using live gecko's...they might have bugs.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

*drumroll*

*dead silence*

You know...bugs? As in...
Ah, forget it. I've got to work on my joke repertoire.
shy.gif

LOL
laugh.gif

Toader

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
schooluser said:
elmariachi said:

You need an app called GCOS, or GCMulti to shrink the GC games and make a compilation disc. Just use windows to copy/move things
smile.gif

Do you have to shrink it or is it optional?

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
Toader said:
Slimmmmmm said:
schooluser said:
elmariachi said:

smile.gif

Do you have to shrink it or is it optional?

optional

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reading the comments from:
http://emukidid.blogspot.com/2010/02/sd-bo...tures-list.html
might be interesting for the one or other here:

QUOTE said:
WiiPower said...

Sounds promising. Have you considered working together with Waninkoko? Your project has a lot in common with his cMIOS + loader, if you two would work together, the result would get better than any of you alone could achieve.

Do you need a certain MIOS for this? Does it come with an installer for a MIOS? Or does it run via BootMii?

I know stupid question, but have you seen WiiGator's GC backup loader? I guess some of its code could be handy for you. (you can find its source in the latest NeoGamma package)
March 9, 2010 1:05 AM
QUOTEemukidid said...

I'm not interested in making a GC backup launcher for Wii, this is for GC only, but it will also run in GC Mode on Wii (some features anyway).

I've been working hard on other projects, but sd-boot isn't forgotten, I'll make an update in the next few days about it with some exciting info for gamecube fans
wink.gif

March 9, 2010 11:42 AM

So if you have a wii don't expect this to work with all its features on Wii. Loading backup discs is one feature for example, the wii GC loader patches the read calls to DVD-Video calls for the wii dvd drive, this one will do something different. The question is if the GC is emulated well enough to have the same exploit he uses to read from DVD-Rs. I highly doubt it, but i have no idea about loading from SD Gecko.

To me the fact that he develops for GC only explains why the USB Gecko loader doesn't work for most people, the simple question which cMIOS to use for it is even wrong by design...

Anyways, all we can do it wait and see what/if this will work on wii with this.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got the Wii/WODE/Gecko ready and waiting looking forward to this app only thing better would be if anyone chose to add wode support to existing loaders.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto