Hacking now repairing, DO NOT POWER OFF

thecyanaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten this message and what exactly does it mean? I put preloader 029 on my wii last night and cleaned up my sd card a bit this afternoon, but i don't know why it's doing this.

it's been stuck there for about fifteen minutes.

thanks for any replies in advance.

thecyanaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
f'n awesome! ! that got me good. up until a few minutes ago I had no problems at all with modding my wii. i about had a heart attack.

and i swear i did a search too, but couldn't come up with anything normally i wouldn't start a new topic for something trivial.

thanks!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well at least april 1st is over in Europe. So only a few more american topics and we're done
tongue.gif

the joke sure did the trick. it scared a lot of people.

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did nintendoliky ever return his wii? hope so, that was some lame shit, funny as all might hell, but lame because of the brick

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
thecyanaura said:
how exactly did it brick some ppl? did it brick ppl when they powered off instead of pushing a?

The preloader prank by itself is harmless. But some people really thought something was wrong and deleted certain files from nand in hope to fix the 'error'.

thecyanaura

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just saw that a few threads down.

sorry again for creating a new thread. I'm usually a big proponent of forum etiquette.

Col70

Trophies
XP
Country
Jopking aside about this though - when I booted the sys menu up, after i figured it was a wind-up, some of my channels had been deleted (wads that I'd installed) - was not happy

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird. Have you tried unplugging it for 10 minutes and trying again? That solves syncing issues sometimes.

Also, this "joke" is the reason why I'm never touching Preloader.

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Mor13id said:
frown.gif
Is there another way to fix this? I hadn't used my wii for a while and don't have any wii remotes synchronized to it...

Turn the Wii on and wait 24 hours or if your impatient switch your non-synced Wii's bluetooth module into a function wii, sync your Wii-mote and then switch the module back... see below for complete details;

http://fathertom.net/hardwii/?p=481

I had the same issue with one of my Wii, I do a lot of repair/hardware testing, so my Wii thought it was April 1st when I put it back together a few days later.

-FTen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...