Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awdofgum said:
Fifa 08 Exploit = TP Exploit
???
Sort of, I guess, but it's much more limited. If I'm not mistaken this is DS mode, which means that you can run homebrew but don't have access to new DSi features. For now, you're better of with a flashcart.
QUOTE(Noitora @ Mar 26 2009, 07:29 PM) Isn't it the save exploit we've seen before?
I don't think so. The one from Yasu was supposed to be different.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yet another protected firmware going down by the hands of a buffer overflow/underrun(atleast, i think it's one)

this should be the same type of exploit as with zelda TP(wii), lumines, gta, and gripshift(psp)

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Errrm...
yaynds.gif
?

This exploit seems much different to that of Yasu's, i wonder how far people can go with this ?

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thedicemaster said:
yet another protected firmware going down by the hands of a buffer overflow/underrun(atleast, i think it's one)

this should be the same type of exploit as with zelda TP(wii), lumines, gta, and gripshift(psp)

well, it probably is a buffer overflow exploit, BUT it will not result in a cracked firmware.
Why ?
Because the Game used to exploit the DSi is a normal DS game which runs in DS mode instead of DSi Mode meaning it can't access any hardware/features special to the DSi at all.
Basically it can't modify the DSi firmware.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Neko said:
thedicemaster said:

well, it probably is a buffer overflow exploit, BUT it will not result in a cracked firmware.
Why ?
Because the Game used to exploit the DSi is a normal DS game which runs in DS mode instead of DSi Mode meaning it can't access any hardware/features special to the DSi at all.
Basically it can't modify the DSi firmware.
I'm not so sure about that. Nintendo has already announced new DSi games on cartridge. It probably requires a firmware update, but what if it doesn't and the feature is already in there?

One can dream
rolleyes.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now hold on.

How is the code loaded once the exploit is used? From within the save file? From the SD slot? Internal memory?
That being the case, maybe it is possible to modify the DSi Firmware...?

Still, if any DSi enhanced/DSi only game can have a buffer overflow, it's obvious then.
I wonder if you could buffer overflow any sort of DSiWare?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
RupeeClock said:
Now hold on.

How is the code loaded once the exploit is used? From within the save file? From the SD slot? Internal memory?
That being the case, maybe it is possible to modify the DSi Firmware...?
The FIFA 08 cartridge is modified. It has an SD card slot soldered onto it. It uses its own DLDI file, and it can run homebrew.
QUOTE(RupeeClock @ Mar 27 2009, 11:55 AM) Still, if any DSi enhanced/DSi only game can have a buffer overflow, it's obvious then.
I wonder if you could buffer overflow any sort of DSiWare?
I think a buffer overflow in DSiWare would be a lot harder, because the savegame is not changeable in an easy way. You can easily modify the savefile of a DS cartridge with tools for DS (Lite) like Rudolph's, but modifying anything on the DSi NAND is not possible yet AFAIK.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maikel Steneker said:
The FIFA 08 cartridge is modified. It has an SD card slot soldered onto it. It uses its own DLDI file, and it can run homebrew
So it's just a retail game modified into a flashcart.
unsure.gif

You can't even see that in the video, and you could do the same thing on the DS.
Calling it a DSi exploit is a misnomer, although it's an exploit they didn't fix.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Dr Eggman said:
See, if we get a DSi Mode exploit, we can dump the key from the RAM (probably, like the Twiizer exploit on the wii) and then disassemble the firmware.

because it's really that simple to exploit a console isn't it?
all you have to do is dump the key from the ram, no probs, all done, now you can play your roms on sd
:/

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
RupeeClock said:
Maikel Steneker said:
The FIFA 08 cartridge is modified. It has an SD card slot soldered onto it. It uses its own DLDI file, and it can run homebrew
So it's just a retail game modified into a flashcart.
unsure.gif

You can't even see that in the video, and you could do the same thing on the DS.
Calling it a DSi exploit is a misnomer, although it's an exploit they didn't fix.
Yes, you're right about that. What it does mean is that there are probably loads of ways to load code in DS mode. While that'd mean that you can't use the DSi features yet, it's still interesting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up