[ZELDA][BOTW] Steal from shops?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Mr. Wizard, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Mr. Wizard
    OP

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    10th Dimension
    So I went into the General Goods store in Hateno and the guy had his back turned to me, when I talked to him he said "Oh! I didn't even notice you come in, I hope everything is as I left it.", so I'm wondering if I could have stealthily robbed him blind of all his arrows. Now I can't get him to turn his back again lol.

#missedopportunities

Quantumcat and slingblade1170 like this.
  2. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Hmmmm... That's interesting! Has anyone tried this with stealth armor?

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    doesn't work as soon as you select something the buy menu always appears. it's not like LA where you can run out the door with something :P

Pippin666 and slingblade1170 like this.
  4. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I didn't think it would just remember robbing the old man in links awakening.

5. Stark264

Stark264 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2015
    United States
    And Like in Twilight Princess also. Fill your bottles with chu jelly and oil for free, pretty much.

6. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    You're already dying too much in BotW. No need to get poor Link killed by a shopkeeper, again!

Quantumcat likes this.
  7. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I was thinking about this subject the other day when I tried to pull a pumpkin from Kakariko Town at night when no one around, but a message popped up saying something like, "You better not steal," or "Wait until morning to purchase" or something like that, point is I couldn't steal despite having a fantastic opportunity.

It made me a bit bummed out, for a Zelda title that seems to let us do anything we want, its a bit sad that one thing we could do in an earlier Zelda title (stealing) is specifically not allowed despite there being blatant opportunities within the game to do so.

They could still do the same thing as Link's Awakening to always remind you of the crappy thing you did, where everyone would start calling you Thief instead of Link. That way while you still get the item for free, you never live down what it is that you got away with. And yeah, the shopkeeper could still kill you again if he sees you again like Link's Awakening.

Last edited by duffmmann, Mar 29, 2017
    Quantumcat likes this.