"You must first play this game", etc.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Anorhc, Mar 2, 2009.

Mar 2, 2009
  1. Anorhc
    OP

Member Anorhc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ... In order to transfer the save file.

I'm getting this error message when trying to copy "One Piece Unlimited Cruise Episode 1" that I got from GameFAQs onto my Wii from my SD card. Now, I'm using this save data to load with my imported "One Piece Unlimited Cruise Episode 2" to have extra goodies and whatnot. However, with the Wii being reluctant to copy the file over I can't make this happen. I don't want to bother downloading Episode 1 and burning only to play my imported Episode 2 with the special save file.

Is there some sort of homebrew that'll force the Wii to transfer the save file, like something that could be run through the homebrew channel?

2. xDarkElement

Member xDarkElement GBAtemp Regular

United States
    save installer by waninkinko

3. Anorhc
    OP

United States
    I was looking at that earlier but on the wiibrew page: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Savegame_Installer, it said "(data.bin files not supported). " ?

Not only that, but it requires that I have the game disc, which I don't want to download and burn.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

4. trancepara

Member trancepara GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nope. You have to always play the game first before you can make a copy of the save over to the Wii there is no way to bypass that as of now.

5. fst312

Member fst312 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    let me see if i understand what you are saying.ur saying its like how the twilight hack was done where we needed to first delete our original save before we can transfer a new save.

i just want to know because i also downloaded 2 saves from gamefaq but they are for gamecube and i'm going to use gamecube saver.i know one piece is a wii game this might only be for wii games play first before you can transfer but i want to know if i have to go through this for a cube game because i'm still downloading the games i got the saves for from gamefaqs.

thanks in advance

6. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    if you have Gamma launcher just change the setting so "NoCopyFlags: Enabled" and then press B to reboot with hooks, that will let you copy the save file...!! [​IMG]

7. trancepara

Member trancepara GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Doesn't that only remove the copy flags for games that don't allow you to copy them AT ALL. Like Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and Animal Crossing? I don't think this gets rid of the "You must first play this game" error. Unless I'm mistaken of course (which I could be).

and for fst, it shouldn't apply to Gamecube games.

8. ether2802

Mexico
    there is preloader wich have like 8 different patches in the sysmenu for doing this...!! [​IMG]

9. Anorhc
    OP

United States
    Darn, that sucks. Thanks for a concise answer trancepara.

I don't really want to take the preloader route, so I'll just be patient and wait to see if something else will come about.

10. ether2802

Mexico
    did you at least tryed the Gamma Launcher solution..?? [​IMG]

11. Geezote

Newcomer Geezote Newbie

United States
    The Gamma Launcher solution that ether suggested should work. I had the same problem with Pokemon Revolution. Just go to the Gamma Launcher settings and enable No Copy Flags or whatever option...

12. Helsionium

Member Helsionium Alpha and Omega

Austria
    I don't think that bypassing the "no copy flags" will help with that problem. After all, you don't have the required ticket installed on your Wii if you never played the game.

13. Anorhc
    OP

United States
    Nope, I did that and it still gave me that error message.

Helsionium, are you suggesting that there's a way to make a fake ticket and see if it'll work like that? I thought tickets would only apply to channels.

14. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    You need to have inserted at least one time the game in the Wii in order to activate that game profile and save.
    (or maybe you can modify a ticket and tmd from another game iso you already have (trucha replace with original U. Cruise 1 files, so the wii will create this data))

But what I don't understand is : Why would you want to play episode 2 before even knowing and playing episode 1?
    You want to start with the end? what the purpose of reading only the last chapter of a book ?
    As a gamer, I would love to play as many game I could, and even more when it's part of a series.

15. Anorhc
    OP

United States
    I'll see what I could come up with.

Cyan, as much as I would like to respond, I don't think any of my rationale for doing what I want to do would help me in getting this done in any way.