Gaming Yo-kai Watch Update Problem

TankedThomas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I wasn't sure where else to get help with this so I decided to post this here.

I just got Yo-kai Watch yesterday. It's a UK/European version and I have an Australian/New Zealand New 3DS XL on 11.0.0-33 with browserhax "installed".

I had previously downloaded the update for the game before actually owning the game, but the game said an update was available anyway, so I did the update on the home menu... and it asked to update again, not registering the update.
The second time, I clicked the "confirm details in eShop" link for the update, but got error 011-3021, saying that it was currently unavailable.

So I rebooted my 3DS and the problem remained. Then I deleted the update file and tried re-downloading via the game's Press Y to Update option... and the problem remained.

At this point, I'm stumped. I have used httpwn before but to my knowledge, that shouldn't be persistent after a reboot so it shouldn't be a problem. I'm on the latest firmware, at least as far as I know, and Australian/New Zealand games are typically always identical to UK/European copies (although they often mark the cartridges with "AU" instead of "EU" or "UK", but that shouldn't matter). The updates should be wholly compatible.

So why isn't it working? Does anyone know? Is there perhaps a homebrew tool that I've overlooked (HANS crashes when I try it) that would let me access the UK/European eShop to download the update from there instead?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because this is confusing the hell out of me.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way to get a changelog for the update? I noticed that my EU version does not load on 10.7 when the update is applied. apparently it need 11.0. so I deleted the update again.

changelog would be great.

TankedThomas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I just Googled and found Reddit posts referring to what was patched. Languages (French and Spanish) and certain save-related bugs, from what I can tell.

TankedThomas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh wait, you meant 11.0.0-33 for the 3DS itself? I don't know. Mostly just blocking exploits and what not. Since you have 10.7, you should install custom firmware. Look up one of the many guides for things like Luma and/or A9HL.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no I meant the yokai update which does only work on 11.0. as long as its only minor bugs I am playing the game without update. I have menuhax 10.7 at the moment on reinand.

TankedThomas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh. Well, you can downgrade from 10.7 and install emuNAND with 11.0.0-33 so that the update will work AND you can use homebrew (and not-so-legal things).

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already got emuNAND 10.7, but I am too lazy to update to 11.0 because everything works so far. I will consider updating when the new FW is out and newer pokemon games require it.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I already got emuNAND 10.7, but I am too lazy to update to 11.0 because everything works so far. I will consider updating when the new FW is out and newer pokemon games require it.

the thing is, we will never know if FW 12 doesn't somehow disable emunands. it'd be as easy as checking if multiple nand folders are present on the sd card and shutting down if there's two. we know 11 is safe and since the update is almost certainly already downloaded, it would take you like 6 seconds to install. (just make sure you really are in emunand)
your eshop problems are caused by the low firmware

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have eshop problems. the update requires FW11 to run. on 10.7 it won't boot. I will update as soon as new games (not only updates) require it.

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The AUS version is not the same version as the european one. They have a different title id. Just download the AUS version of the Game and it will update just fine with your local eshop.

Last edited by qdog82,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: