Hacking Yakuza Kiwami PS3 English Patch

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
okay. about this. you MIGHT be able to use kaplas translation framework to do this. I'm not CERTAIN but it's definitely possible
That's interesting, i wonder if it does work. The PC version has the same file structure as the PS3 games, the audio files are exactly the same, hence why you can even use the classic music mod and other audio mods on PS3.

Reactions: SamuraiOndo

SamuraiOndo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's interesting, i wonder if it does work. The PC version has the same file structure as the PS3 games, the audio files are exactly the same, hence why you can even use the classic music mod and other audio mods on PS3.
it might work, the only thing im not too sure about is the fact that the subtitles are listed in a completely different way in the japanese version than they are in the english release

Reactions: krueger96

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it might work, the only thing im not too sure about is the fact that the subtitles are listed in a completely different way in the japanese version than they are in the english release
That's true, in fact i'm more curious to see if the chinese version has the same subtitle structure as the western pc/ps4 releases. I was wondering this awhile ago, when i thought of the ingame dialogues where you follow a character by holding r2, they're not subtitled in the original japanese release, but they are in the english one. Since they had to subtitle those dialogues for the chinese version as well, i wonder if the Chinese ps3 version has a different sub structure than the Japanese one, maybe similiar to the western release

SamuraiOndo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's true, in fact i'm more curious to see if the chinese version has the same subtitle structure as the western pc/ps4 releases. I was wondering this awhile ago, when i thought of the ingame dialogues where you follow a character by holding r2, they're not subtitled in the original japanese release, but they are in the english one. Since they had to subtitle those dialogues for the chinese version as well, i wonder if the Chinese ps3 version has a different sub structure than the Japanese one, maybe similiar to the western release
the subs of chinese y0 should be the same as the English because the English version was actually based on the chinese version

Reactions: krueger96

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the subs of chinese y0 should be the same as the English because the English version was actually based on the chinese version
Didn't think about that, makes sense since the Chinese version came out first
If i had it, i'd definitely try to make it work for the sake of it, but i only have the Japanese version on PS3. It's too bad for PS3 users, but it's so nice to see the games so widely available these days. I still remember when we thought they were going to stay PS4 exclusives, and yet now we can play them all on Gamepass

SoggyGoro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten this to work on CFW? I've followed all the instructions but I can't get it to work for the life of me.

ThiceReckless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your effort. I created an account to show my appreciation. I wanted to get into the series so I was playing the ps2 version on ps3 and the game crashes, which made it impossible. The English patch worked for me

Last edited by ThiceReckless,

ThiceReckless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here some helpful pics for people that would get overwhelmed and confused like I did. It’s the game menu and the clown guy you use CP. Also, on gamefaqs someone listed and numbered the whole power wheel.

This is my second post for the site so I’m not sure if you can use paste links or not. It wouldn’t let me. Just type in “Yakuza kiwami upgrading.”

Attachments

• 9CF3209A-5550-44E8-A8B3-42155204B5D0.png
    9CF3209A-5550-44E8-A8B3-42155204B5D0.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 152
  • DAF776DD-D463-41A4-8C8F-7C95AD308ACE.png
    DAF776DD-D463-41A4-8C8F-7C95AD308ACE.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 143
  • E5F11670-9F59-4576-8408-B393C1FBDB2E.png
    E5F11670-9F59-4576-8408-B393C1FBDB2E.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 138
Last edited by ThiceReckless,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...