Gaming Xbox 360 Trigger Support in MGS 2 (PC Version)

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wanna play MGS 2, but I can't get the controls right. It won't pick up the analog triggers as digital buttons. I tried xpadder, I mapped the triggers to the [ and ] keys, and the [ and ] keys to L2 and R2 (that's what the buttons are called in the options, I'm not emulating the PS2) but it doesn't work. I can press the keys and they put me in first person mode, but pressing the triggers does nothing. Can anyone help?

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a different program, namely Joy2Key? Also check your gamepad settings and make sure your computer actually recognizes you pushing down the triggers. If it's the ones that push down a ways, your threshold might be too high, or you may not be pushing all the way (some controllers show different inputs depending on whether the shoulder buttons are pressed down or if they are pressed all the way down).

Lanlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a different program, namely Joy2Key? Also check your gamepad settings and make sure your computer actually recognizes you pushing down the triggers. If it's the ones that push down a ways, your threshold might be too high, or you may not be pushing all the way (some controllers show different inputs depending on whether the shoulder buttons are pressed down or if they are pressed all the way down).
When using xpadder, it recognizes the triggers as what I set them to when not in the game, like I can type [ and ] by pressing the triggers. And yes, windows recognizes the triggers' z axis just fine, it reads very analog-ly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up